https://mobile.twitter.com/TwoTribes...65883366109185

RIVE is getting a port.

- - - Updated - - -

http://flyhighworks.heteml.jp/games/voez/

Voez is the first game requiring a single mode due to tell required touchscreen controls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we going to get an announcement for every indie game getting ports?

Has Warner Brothers commented on the switch or do we have any evidence that they could be making games for the switch, while it is unlikely, Mordor 2 on the go would be pretty awesome.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Has Warner Brothers commented on the switch or do we have any evidence that they could be making games for the switch, while it is unlikely, Mordor 2 on the go would be pretty awesome.
    Mordor 2 is the type of game that will be made with highest possible fidelity and PS4 and XBone could barely handle it. So it wouldn't be on Switch.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-02-27 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Mordor 2 is the type of game that will be made with highest possible fidelity and PS4 and XBone could barery handle it. So it woudln'g be on Switch.
    Pretty much this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...reen-only-game

Nintendo Switch has its first game you can only play while the console is undocked and held like a portable.

Voez mixes an anime style story with rhythm gameplay.
    It's named Voez, a Japanese rhythm-action game that uses the Switch's touchscreen.

There are no button controls, publisher Flyhigh Works (FHW) has warned, so you can only play with the Switch in your hands.

"This software can not play in TV mode," FHW states.

It's the first Switch game we've heard of which doesn't offer the two modes of play - and our first acknowledgement Nintendo does not dictate this as necessary.

So, while Voez remains a niche title, this opens the door to other touchscreen games joining Switch without the need for a button-based mode.
    I 'd love a Switch port of Mini Metro, a tube-building railway simulator I play constantly on iPhone. With a capacitive touchscreen finally in a Nintendo handheld, you've got to think mobile giants like King and Supercell might be interested, too.

Or, while we're dreaming, how about touchscreen-based port of Hearthstone?
    Ok Ummmm a game (any game) not having a TV mode is stupid as fuck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Watching teens react to the Nintendo switch and 90% of them didn't know about it...I thought Nintendo has done a good job this time but have they really captured anything but the normal Nintendo fans?
    Why are you using a youtube video that's meant to gather views as any standard of measurement?

Like, of course they're going to get people that don't know about it as the majority. The video would be trash if it was like 9 minutes of "Yeah I know this".

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok Ummmm a game (any game) not having a TV mode is stupid as fuck.
    It's mobile port, made for multitouch touchscreen controls. You need to be able to tap around seven lanes at the same time when playing this game. Translating the gameplay to controller would be clumsy at best. Sure, you could map one button ber lane, but that wouldn't be the intented gameplay.

It's mobile port, made for multitouch touchscreen controls. You need to be able to tap around seven lanes at the same time when playing this game. Translating the gameplay to controller would be clumsy at best. Sure, you could map one button ber lane, but that wouldn't be the intented gameplay.
    I still think its crappy, didn't say I didn't understand why.

I don't think Nintendo should allow a choice here. Both modes should be supported even if one plays "Shitty'er".
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I still think its crappy, didn't say I didn't understand why.

I don't think Nintendo should allow a choice here. Both modes should be supported even if one plays "Shitty'er".
    Tested the game on my phone. There's now ay this will translate to controllers. You don't just tap on the lanes, you need multiple touchscreen gestures like sliding and swiping. The amount of lanes aren't static either but will change throughout the song.

Tested the game on my phone. There's now ay this will translate to controllers. You don't just tap on the lanes, you need multiple touchscreen gestures like sliding and swiping. The amount of lanes aren't static either but will change throughout the song.
    If people can play Dark Souls and World of Warcraft with a Guitar Hero controller, I'm sure a console setup could be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why are you using a youtube video that's meant to gather views as any standard of measurement?

Like, of course they're going to get people that don't know about it as the majority. The video would be trash if it was like 9 minutes
    Do what? It was an anecdotal comment and not a thorough dissection of whether or not kids are interested in this.

Lol I don't think you've ever seen a react video based on this comment. They don't just chose random people, its the same cast pretty much week in week out. Most of them (if not all) were super hyped by the last of us part two, the whole video was 9 minutes of what you just described they wouldn't do..and no it wasn't trash, its thoroughly enjoyable seeing people excited over stuff.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-02-27 at 07:25 PM.

The joycons have IR sensors which can serve the same purpose as a touch screen. In fact I'm pretty sure the IR sensors are there for that very reason, to make any touch heavy games also playable on the tv.

Sounds like a lazy developer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The joycons have IR sensors which can serve the same purpose as a touch screen. In fact I'm pretty sure the IR sensors are there for that very reason, to make any touch heavy games also playable on the tv.

Sounds like a lazy developer to me.
    The IR sensors don't work like on the Wiimote, they'd need a bar on the TV for that. Besides, only one of the Joycons have it.

The IR sensors don't work like on the Wiimote, they'd need a bar on the TV for that. Besides, only one of the Joycons have it.
    We are not talking about a wii mote and you clearly have no idea how the joy cons work in this matter. Do yourself a favor and go watch that cringe worthy 1-2 Switch demo from the treehouse stream.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Do what? It was an anecdotal comment and not a thorough dissection of whether or not kids are interested in this.

Lol I don't think you've ever seen a react video based on this comment. They don't just chose random people, its the same cast pretty much week in week out. Most of them (if not all) were super hyped by the last of us part two, the whole video was 9 minutes of what you just described they wouldn't do..and no it wasn't trash.
    You flat out implied Nintendo didn't do a good job advertising because this one group of people didn't know about it.

And no, generally I don't watch their videos, because I find them to be not entertaining in the first place. That being said, whether it's a random group or a set group doesn't change that it really doesn't show anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You flat out implied Nintendo didn't do a good job advertising because this one group of people didn't know about it.

And no, generally I don't watch their videos, because I find them to be not entertaining in the first place. That being said, whether it's a random group or a set group doesn't change that it really doesn't show anything.
    I said I thought they had done a good job then offered an open question with no implication based off a small anecdote. To say it shows nothing is nonsense, from a small sample size it shows they (the trends in the video) aren't engaged with Nintendo's product hence why I asked have they done enough. I just don't think you know what you're talking about because you've never watched them.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-02-27 at 07:33 PM.

Nintendo has done a good job of advertising it. Super bowl commercial and running in prime time on all the major networks.

The advertising isn't good though and is giving the main stream market little to care about because no, they're not core games who are like "zomg Zelda".

If Nintendo is smart they will make sure the FIFA and 2k versions are feature complete even with far less graphics and market the hell out of them. 2K has more pull in the US then almost any game franchise atm, and we know how big FIFA is in the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If Nintendo is smart they will make sure the FIFA and 2k versions are feature complete even with far less graphics and market the hell out of them. 2K has more pull in the US then almost any game franchise atm, and we know how big FIFA is in the rest of the world.
    I see tons of advertisements on commercial breaks, while watching WWE Raw/Smackdown.

If Nintendo was smart they would have worked with 2K to advertise WWE 2K18 or the current 2K17 at this time. That would appeal to kids in a heart beat.