Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    People are stupid.

I just watched a video about South American Flags and I could name 3. If you showed me the Russian flag I couldnt have told you that it was Russian, which would be the case for like 200 other nations. For me at least, flags of other countries aren't super high on the list of shit to know. And the fact it's rather plain with red white and blue , makes it even worse. Throw a hammer crossed with a sickle on that bitch and I/they would have known.
    If you're in politics and aren't aware of Russia's flag... Why are you voting again.

Oh right, emails. I'm guessing you got into politics in 2016 like the rest of your ilk?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    P.S. 38 countries have a red white and blue flag, so that's about 20% of the world's flags. Seriously, you can't all be red white and blue, we need more colour schemes.
    Most of those are references to the British Empire and the colors of the Union Jack - so there is a good reason for them to use the same color scheme
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Most of those are references to the British Empire and the colors of the Union Jack - so there is a good reason for them to use the same color scheme
    And here all this time I thought it was because those flags were created by men and it's a known fact men are like the small box of crayolas...We only see in 16 colors.

Funnily enough only 4 of those 38 are sporting the Union Jack. Australia, New Zealand, the Union Jack itself and the Cook Islands, which apparently count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue

Looking into it I was actually surprised how few flags still inset the Union Jack, I thought there were more, but they mostly aren't the flags of sovereign nations. Or they have colours other than red white and blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I doubt the Netherlands or France chose their flag to reference the Union Jack. Could it be that Red, White and Blue simply go well together? We have a state flag in Germany (Schleswig-Holstein) with those colours, doubt they (as an area that was primarily under Danish influence) chose to reference the union jack, too.

Red is a good signal colour.
    White is always a positive, portraying innocence or purity or somesuch stuff.
    Blue goes well with both, but it often has a special meaning for countries with a coastline to the sea.

Aside from obvious Empire colony references, there are still a lot of countries that chose the colours because they blend well together.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Funnily enough only 4 of those 38 are sporting the Union Jack. Australia, New Zealand, the Union Jack itself and the Cook Islands, which apparently count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue

Looking into it I was actually surprised how few flags still inset the Union Jack, I thought there were more, but they mostly aren't the flags of sovereign nations. Or they have colours other than red white and blue.
    Well let's get real here, what kind of country would actually be stupid enough to keep the symbol of their former colonial master on their flag even after gaining independence? I mean, what level of cuckoldry do you need to be at here?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Explain why recognizing flags is important for anyone who isn't, for example, trying to identify the country of origin of an illegally parked submarine.
    Well when they are your country's biggest enemy (until Muslims come together and decide on a single flag to encompass them all) it's kind of expected to be able to recognise their flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seriously started collecting Russian flags from the auditory? The irony of this is multilayered!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Well let's get real here, what kind of country would actually be stupid enough to keep the symbol of their former colonial master on their flag even after gaining independence? I mean, what level of cuckoldry do you need to be at here?
    They're our current colonial master

15+ Year Old Account
    The new US Soviet flag is literally best flag EU.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Well when they are your country's biggest enemy (until Muslims come together and decide on a single flag to encompass them all) it's kind of expected to be able to recognise their flag.
    Why? What purpose does it serve? Expected is not the same as important, and regardless these people don't really see Russia as an enemy anyway. Which is dumb, but still.

Deleted
    Well, wilful ignorance is the modus operandi for his voter base.

Trolling done right.

They're our current colonial master
    Honestly, I would just ditch the current flag and go for something new and unique, that represents Australia as being a real country, not just some random piece of land where white people happen to live for some undiscernible reason. I mean, all of your sports uniforms are green and yellow, why not have those be your flag colors? Red, white, and blue is overused anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    The new US Soviet flag is literally best flag EU.
    From a purely flag design standpoint, this would not be a bad look:

Last edited by Macaquerie; 2017-02-27 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good troll, kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Honestly, I would just ditch the current flag and go for something new and unique, that represents Australia as being a real country, not just some random piece of land where white people happen to live for some undiscernible reason. I mean, all of your sports uniforms are green and yellow, why not have those be your flag colors? Red, white, and blue is overused anyway.
    Please god no. Our Olympic colours look like the kind of thing you get when you turn up an hour late for the line.

A lot of people have suggested we inset an Aboriginal flag in there.

... Ehhhh. Maybe instead we should do it by our largest ethnic group. Which would mean...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Australia

...oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    If you're in politics and aren't aware of Russia's flag... Why are you voting again.

Oh right, emails. I'm guessing you got into politics in 2016 like the rest of your ilk?
    Couple of things - I'm 34 years old. I've voted since I was old enough. I didn't vote for Trump, and before the left made Russia the boogeyman responsible for every problem in America in a dipshit attempt to damage trump , Russia had fuck all to do with American politics past foreign policy.

As a upper middle class white American, Russia continues to have fuck all to do with me, my daily life , or how I vote.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    What happened to clever protesting like this. Can we get these guys to tutor the ones who throw shit and punch people?
    They are too stupid to protest cleverly.........and you don't get to burn shit and steal shit if you protest cleverly.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Couple of things - I'm 34 years old. I've voted since I was old enough. I didn't vote for Trump, and before the left made Russia the boogeyman responsible for every problem in America in a dipshit attempt to damage trump , Russia had fuck all to do with American politics past foreign policy.

As a upper middle class white American, Russia continues to have fuck all to do with me, my daily life , or how I vote.
    As an upper middle class white American, your daily life is going to be pretty good regardless of whatever happens anywhere, so being informed about the world is sort of optional for you in a way that it really isn't for most other people. The rest of us don't have the luxury of being able to be ignorant or to have silly opinions, because when we do stupid stuff there are actual consequences for it that you probably don't ever face.

Deleted
    10/10 troll/protest/whatever. Infinitely better than the "Punch someone you disagree with" crowd.

That being said to the people complaining that people don't know other countries flags and are trying to use that to make them look clueless, you might want to recheck your priorities. When the only thing that you can use to call people stupid or some-such is their lack of knowledge as far as flags go it might be that you are grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Well this is Trump's America now.... All American Flags henceforce (made in China of course, #MAGA) will have a swastika on them when viewed under ultraviolet light. It's symbolic of the wad Steve Bannon is discretely shooting all over America.

So in a sense, that's more colors.

Or hell, maybe by the end of his term, they'll just cut the crap and change Old Glory to Red White and Black.

BAM!!!

There it is Godwin's Law on the first page.