Thread: Ashes to Dust

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ashes to Dust

Hey all,

I am not seeing many posts doing a comparison of all the legendaries, including the new ones that have been released in 7.1.5. The question I have is how does Ashes to Dust compare to what is widely considered Ret's two best legendaries (being the Cloak and the Waist)? I know many of your responses will be "sim", but I am just looking for a general comparison.

I also have a question about Justice's Gaze - is it as useless as it seems in raids? Main bosses can't be stunned, so does the passive remain completely useless?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Deleted
    Have opened a thread earlier on but not many responses.
    To me it seems rather powerful for mythic+ and many nh bosses (mainly whatever brings frequent aoe packs). Good thing is that it has a cd of 30 secs and u don't need to rely on wings only to deliver beefed div storms+div hammers. What is more it can make dp viable for bosses like the ones described above specially if u don't have aw prolonging relics.
    For ST I would say that crusade+cloak+belt combo is the best but for AOE fights and real situations (where u know that every 2 mins everyone opens cds and adds get globaled) I would say that dp+shoulders+cloak could get close enough to crusade+w/e legend combo.
    However all that is anecdotal and not maths (as would be to say that this particular combo has added some fun and anticipation to my rotation).

Thanks for the response! Logically I was thinking exactly what you stated above - at the very least in a real world scenario (especially with adds) I felt as though the passive on AtD could pull it even if not pass at the very least the cloak - BUT, also as you mentioned, I don't have math to back it up. I rolled tank to start with so I've got two tanking legendaries, but I should be up for my first ret very soon...fingers crossed for this one as I've already got a 900 waist, haha.

Deleted
    Only got the legend shoulders (and only one aw prolonging relic) and running mythics with dp+shoulders , really fun to be able to pull 700k+ dps on most aoe pulls without relying heavily on wings and need to tunnel that comes with crusade. Just get in judge+DS+pray for a proc+WoA+pray for more proccs+ds more+dh and win.

back>=waist>ring>shoulder>trinket on almost all situations

- - - Updated - - -

and yes the helmet is one of our worst legendaries if not the worst (unless for some reason u need the stun cd and even then still one of the worst)

Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    back>=waist>ring>shoulder>trinket on almost all situations
    Belt > cloak

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Belt > cloak
    Yup.

And shoulders are often ahead of ring if you don't have belt.

Well, Ring+Belt is gonna be BiS next patch, since we can then go 2pc t19+4pc t20.

It's like having 3 legendaries.

At the moment though, all of our dps legendaries are fairly close to each other(minus the trinket), with the belt and cloak slightly edging the other 2 out. The shoulders have some nice burst AoE applications though, which might make them better in certain situations. Similarly, as the belt/ring's value is tied to crusade, their value would go up and down dependent on where your CD falls in a given fight.

So the real answer is: it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Wrong. Ring is definitely better than shoulders with 4 set & CoF even if you don't have the belt.
    Obviously CoF will up the value of the ring, but you won't be using CoF on every fight. The fights where CoF is useless are also, in most cases, the ones where Ashes excels.

The 4pc bonus has no bearing on the ring.

If u use crusade on cooldown yes but a lot of the times on mythic + u wont be doing that ( mostly on tyrannical) overall they are equally strong ence why I ranked cloak ahead

I just got the shoulders yesterday. Kinda feels underwhelming per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    I just got the shoulders yesterday. Kinda feels underwhelming per se.

Got the shoulders today. They're alright.

Has anyone else noticed the debuff isnt showing anymore?

Deleted
    For me it never showed. Have to follow the dot effect icon to keep track of it

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    For me it never showed. Have to follow the dot effect icon to keep track of it
    Ahh okay got it thanks!

very underwhelming imo you can fit like 2-3 TV only

Kinda wish it also lowered Wake cd.

Ashes to Dust in AoE losses even more against the Cloak. It's a meh legendary.

I do not have cloak and in a fight with AoE a ret paladin with cloak does 30 to 40 millon more divine storm damage than me.

Have, and had shoulders since they came out. It's pretty weak and I got the cloak today. Just swapping and dumping the shoulders was a 16k dps upgrade (685k to 701k) with an ilvl loss overall.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Ashes to Dust in AoE losses even more against the Cloak. It's a meh legendary.

I do not have cloak and in a fight with AoE a ret paladin with cloak does 30 to 40 millon more divine storm damage than me.
    So basically I need to go cry more haha. I have 5 legendaries no cloak or belt yet...