Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Don't know what to say about this act from Intel

I never thought that Intel would sink so low, if it is true

Intel is trying to manipulate AMD Ryzen launch.html
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Gotta keep them profit margins high. I hope their stock price drops even lower, so they can actually focus on R&D, not this PR/marketing shit that's been going on for years.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, they've dominated the market for how many years? And they feel like they have to play dirty now? Come on, Intel...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I never thought that Intel would sink so low, if it is true
    I would be surpriced if they didn't. They've sabotaged their competition multiple times and have been caught doing it more than once.

Though this might just be a missunderstanding, due to the way reviews work. Companies will get in contact with the reviewers who are reviewing their rivals product and tell the reviewers how to show their own product.

I'd take this with a grain of salt, I wouldn't say I'd be suprised influencing product reviews is a pretty common tactic sadly. But we'll see.

Intel are assholes that are selling overpriced shit, why is this news to people? It's been known for ages.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Intel are assholes that are selling overpriced shit, why is this news to people? It's been known for ages.
    Are you are aware both companies are selling the chips at insane profits? Would seem you aren't.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I'd take this with a grain of salt, I wouldn't say I'd be suprised influencing product reviews is a pretty common tactic sadly. But we'll see.
    Intel have been caught doing it in the past , and they got fined a few billion dollars for it.

My guess is they just want the benchmarks to be fair, aka dont just show cinebench like AMD was doing at the pressers. Again i must preface that comment by saying i am going to be buying a ryzen chip lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    My guess is they just want the benchmarks to be fair, aka dont just show cinebench like AMD was doing at the pressers. Again i must preface that comment by saying i am going to be buying a ryzen chip lol.
    An interesting thought.

I have noticed a lot of the Ryzen reviews are heavily focused on bigging up it's multi-core performance (AKA Cinebench) with very little information on actual real world use cases (such as gaming benchmarks, where most games see little-to-no performance increase after 4 cores anyway).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    An interesting thought.

I have noticed a lot of the Ryzen reviews are heavily focused on bigging up it's multi-core performance (AKA Cinebench) with very little information on actual real world use cases (such as gaming benchmarks, where most games see little-to-no performance increase after 4 cores anyway).
    Wait on real reviews, they will tell the tale.

Do people really think AMD has not done the same in some form or another?

As of right now, AMD has controlled the content of any and all "leaked" benchmarks, and most if not all, highly favor the new AMD processor but all those "leaked" benchmarks were more than likely under heavy favor to the new AMD product and you could make an argument AMD had something to do with it.

Wait for unbiased reviews and benchmarks from people not being spoon fed data or hardware.

My guess is there will be no need to give up your Intel rig anytime soon and Intel wants people to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Are you are aware both companies are selling the chips at insane profits? Would seem you aren't.
    Barriers to entry in this market are so high, hell AMD and intel on exist as they do because of a cross licensing agreement. How a 3rd party would go about getting into x86 I do not know. I bet Nvidia would if they could.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Which is why I would personally always wait for real reviews before buying any given product. AMD, Intel, Nvidia and any other company, will always release benchmarks that favour their hardware in one way or the other.

Deleted
    For a big company, Intel sure knows how to go down so low just to stay on top. This is an A hole move indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmonerd View Post
    For a big company, Intel sure knows how to go down so low just to stay on top. This is an A hole move indeed.
    AMD has fought Nvidia and Intel in court many times over the years. Sad thing is, AMD is a thorn in both of those major companies side. If it wasnt for them, there would be a monopoloy on both fronts and we would all be like