[RET] Simc vs theory

I start to give up to understand, i had few clear points:
    - t19 x bonus : sucks
    - Nightbane + Eye of command : best combo
    - Bis legendaries: Belt and cloack

Well If i stick to these points, according to simc my dps is lower than T19x4 + zeal..

Is it possible that is just everything so random in Legion?????

what is even this post.. help me pls..

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    what is even this post.. help me pls..
    Something that should have a better commment than yours, like where it's the issue or if there are alternatives in theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMaDMZ View Post
    I start to give up to understand, i had few clear points:
    - t19 x bonus : sucks
    - Nightbane + Eye of command : best combo
    - Bis legendaries: Belt and cloack

Well If i stick to these points, according to simc my dps is lower than T19x4 + zeal..

Is it possible that is just everything so random in Legion?????
    A little further sentence structure would give us a better understanding of what issue you have.

My assumption and guess
    would be you think tier 19 bonus sucks, not sure if you mean 2 piece or 4 piece.
    then you refer to the Nightbane and eye of command trinket. they are quite powerful. But they are situational depending on the fight in question.
    Last you refer to legend's, yes the belt and cloak are BIS. The shoulders and ring are also good as well.

if your refering to having to make a choice between the nightbane set combo or tier set. That answer is a bit more complicated.
    Tier both 2 and 4 piece are good. they can work on all fights and all trinket/legends/
    nightbane + trinket are good for pure single target fight ( star augur/ trill would be good ) but any fight that forces you to switch and this combo would not be as effective
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theorycrafting isn't "coming up with ideas based on how I feel".

If you have alternative data to present, do so; otherwise, the deficiency is in your understanding of the class or how to execute its potential, not in the data which others have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by vacor View Post
    A little further sentence structure would give us a better understanding of what issue you have.

My assumption and guess
    would be you think tier 19 bonus sucks, not sure if you mean 2 piece or 4 piece.
    then you refer to the Nightbane and eye of command trinket. they are quite powerful. But they are situational depending on the fight in question.
    Last you refer to legend's, yes the belt and cloak are BIS. The shoulders and ring are also good as well.

if your refering to having to make a choice between the nightbane set combo or tier set. That answer is a bit more complicated.
    Tier both 2 and 4 piece are good. they can work on all fights and all trinket/legends/
    nightbane + trinket are good for pure single target fight ( star augur/ trill would be good ) but any fight that forces you to switch and this combo would not be as effective
    Fair enough:

I took for good that 4 pieces of T19 bonus was crap, and i tried to collect my gear according to general rules:
    I have both BIS legendaries: cloak and belt and Kara combo trinket and chest
    Surprisingly to what I expected 4 t19 with zeal > best items
    This is just strictly about SIMC.
    Vacor you are perfectly right, bout kara combo for single target

Quote Originally Posted by JediMaDMZ View Post
    - Nightbane + Eye of command : best combo\
    Nightbane? You mean the trinket to remove fear effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Nightbane? You mean the trinket to remove fear effects?
    Eye of Command + Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness

Deleted
    When I got the 4 piece bonus my dps went up like 20-30k according to simC. Don't have the chest from Nightbane yet but I do have a 885 eye of command and it feels solid when paired with Skorpyron trinket.
    What talents are you simming with? I run almost all of Nighthold HC with Final verdict, The fires of justice, Blinding light, Divine hammer, Eye for an eye, Cavalier and Crusade and I'm usually top dps.

Deleted
    If u got problems man u should come into my position : Taking things as they get (cannot afford farming same instances for tuning properly for crusade) and only shoulders and ring so far : I find myself simming same shit dp and crusade for aoe and a 10% difference on st (favouring crusade). however taking mechanic factors in mainly st bosses in nh then I end up going with dp (specially in pug groups that I may find myself running to the ends of the world chasing a cake or a goddam isis robot during wings).

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

If you have alternative data to present, do so; otherwise, the deficiency is in your understanding of the class or how to execute its potential, not in the data which others have provided.
    Were I to have a signature, this would be it...

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

disagree 10000% i know perfectly my class and how to play it, it's more than normal than when there are new patches you have to look for informations around to learn and compare, my point is that there is a difference from "how it should be " and "results, specially if i'm using as values not the ones that come from my performance but from simcraft .. it was clearly written.. a careful reading prevents from stupid commments

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    When I got the 4 piece bonus my dps went up like 20-30k according to simC. Don't have the chest from Nightbane yet but I do have a 885 eye of command and it feels solid when paired with Skorpyron trinket.
    What talents are you simming with? I run almost all of Nighthold HC with Final verdict, The fires of justice, Blinding light, Divine hammer, Eye for an eye, Cavalier and Crusade and I'm usually top dps.
    with 4 t19
    ST: ES - Z - BL - BoW - EfaE - Cav - Crusade
    Aoe - Mythic+ : Con - Z - BL - DH - EfaE - Cav - Crusade

A careful reading leaves any English speaker confused.
    Last edited by Monzsterr; 2017-02-28 at 04:19 AM.