Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Isn't that also a sign for "asshole" in some European countries?
    Italy, as mentioned, Greece and Russia (I've heard), Brazil, some German regions.
    France it means nothing, for all I know.

Depends on doing a full circle or extending a finger as well (full circle might be more easily seen as offensive).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Never heard of this.

Where i come from we do this or the thumbs up gesture to signal something of being good quality.
    Thumb up means "up yours" in some regions :P

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgore View Post
    OMG I hope this is true. Illegal is legal. Patriotism is bad. Gender is fluid. You didn't build that. Borders equal hate. Black lives matter and all whites are privileged [but Republicans are the racists]. DONALD TRUMP AND STEVE BANNON ARE THE ANTICHRISTS!! (after thirty something days in office). Keep it up snowflakes, hysteria yourselves into obscurity. And break a few windows, punch some old folk and steal some stuff while you're at it.
    Your post is bordering on hyperbole just like many of the topics you addressed. However, I don't think you are wrong. From what I have seen the 24/7 hysteria from the far left is pushing independents further away from them.

I don't see why this nonsense article is getting attention. It was clearly written by an idiot or a troll.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pepe has been used by many racist groups; I don't agree that it's a racist hand gesture, but I can see why they would call a racist using it well... racist. Lucian Wintrich is a sexist piece of shit too. Wonderful combination.

To add: Hoft was the one that made the link specifically to Pepe in his Twitter post, not MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Never heard of this.

Where i come from we do this or the thumbs up gesture to signal something of being good quality.
    In Brazil it's the equivalent of giving someone the finger. http://hispanic-marketing.com/the-me...age-in-brazil/

Sometimes nonverbal communication can be very different than what is expected in other countries. One example is the “O.K.” symbol one can make with their hands. It is regarded as just meaning “O.K.” in the American culture. In Brazil however, this is seen as a very obscene gesture. It is equivalent to giving the middle finger in America. This is seen as one of the rudest gestures

In Turkey it means you're homosexual. http://www.business-with-turkey.com/...y_language.htm

The gesture created when a circle is formed by touching the forefinger to the thumb does not mean "ok." In Turkey this symbol means you are a homosexual. It is quite offensive. Please see picture at the left hand side.

There's actually quite a few gestures we consider to be normal and acceptable here in the States but are found to be incredibly offensive elsewhere.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...-things-abroad

I mean, it sucks that the neo-nazis stole Pepe, but that doesn't make Pepe itself racist.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I mean, it sucks that the neo-nazis stole Pepe, but that doesn't make Pepe itself racist.
    Yes and no, the swastika was used by hospitals centuries before Nazis used it. I guess the symbol (Pepe in this case?) isn't racist, but it certainly becomes racist in context.

America needs a stronger commitment towards mental health treatment. So people that make these types of claims get the help they need.

Deleted
    Well that makes sense k_hand:

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Wow, I remember playing that game.
    I remember not getting the "game" until the fad passed, and the sore leg from all the charlie horses.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    did not take long for people to jump on the bandwagon and call this symbol racist/fascist.

this symbol origins are actually from native abooriginals in america. please learn history.

I see the symbol appears important, but we aren't talking about the most obvious things. One wtf is up with that kid, he's hella creepy. Two why the fuck are they giving the OK sign anyways? Is that some meme shit I'm missing? I guess Trump does it, so that is like the photo op go to of here is the OK sign like the pres. Its a fucking bizzare pic and that kid needs a smack.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Drinking Milk,
    Green Frogs,
    Dank Memes,
    OK symbols,

Man being a Nazi is super easy. I have had milk this morning, laughed at a Pepe meme, watched a Dank Meme vine compilation and sent a snapchat with the OK symbol.

When do I get the snazy uniform?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's not a universal OK symbol, just in most of the world.
    Except it is starting to become more universal due to it being an emoji. It's vulgar in some instances, but still not racist. I think it means asshole or something like that in some cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Not "that game".

"The Game".
    Did the British Prime Minister ever declare the game over?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Shit I might be sexist for using the thumbs up gesture. Someone will claim it symbolizes an erect penis.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Nope just Endus!
    Really that one needs to get swapped to lore or something along with the rest of the triumvirate.

This is why we can't have OK things.

7+ Year Old Account
    That hand symbol is highly offensive, just ask my gay transracial Muslim uncle that identifies as a straight women
    /s

I take it we're not ok with this development?

<.< >.> Anybody?

Anybody?

*crickets*