Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I said I thought they had done a good job then offered an open question with no implication based off a small anecdote. To say it shows nothing is nonsense, from a small sample size it shows they (the trends in the video) aren't engaged with Nintendo's product hence why I asked have they done enough. I just don't think you know what you're talking about because you've never watched them.
    Actually, I missed the "but" in your statement is what really happened.

The bolded though is completely irrelevant to my claims, which is that a sample sample size doesn't mean anything. Especially when said small sample size is suppose to be gathering attention. It doesn't matter if I watched them or not.

i havent watched teens react in a little while but from what i remember the only person on teens react who really played video games anyways was the asian boy, most of the other "teen react" people are jockish preppy types
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i havent watched teens react in a little while but from what i remember the only person on teens react who really played video games anyways was the asian boy, most of the other "teen react" people are jockish preppy types
    To a degree you're not far off, funnily the Asian guy thinks Nintendo are a joke and it was a few others who did like it. Isn't that Nintendo's audience again though? The non core gamers? The fact they never even heard of it is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Oh man, I got some bad news for you if you're expecting that Asian guy to be your Nintendo savior in the video.

He is the only one who is openly shitting on the system and nintendo itself.

To a degree you're not far off, funnily the Asian guy thinks Nintendo are a joke and it was a few others who did like it. Isn't that Nintendo's audience again though? The non core gamers? The fact they never even heard of it is odd.
    With the Wii definitely, and maybe even the Wii U to a degree.

I don't think anything about the Switch comes off as a "non core gamer" console.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    We are not talking about a wii mote and you clearly have no idea how the joy cons work in this matter. Do yourself a favor and go watch that cringe worthy 1-2 Switch demo from the treehouse stream.

Have a nice day.
    Maybe you shoudl check it out. Only right Joycon has IR sensor, and it can detect shapes and distances. It cannot point a spot on a TV screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    With the Wii definitely, and maybe even the Wii U to a degree.

I don't think anything about the Switch comes off as a "non core gamer" console.
    Yeah, core gamers love milking cows and motion controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Maybe you shoudl check it out. Only right Joycon has IR sensor, and it can detect shapes and distances. It cannot point a spot on a TV screen.
    It's a fucking IR camera.

It does exactly what its supposed to do.

IR camera combined with gyros in both controllers can easily mimic touch controls. If you don't understand this then you don't understand the technology.

Let me break it down for you since we're apparently past the point of grasping at straws. The IR camera is there to sense the position the arm is in, which would let it mirror it for the other arm with the actual gyro controls controlling the movement.

Here's an idea go find a $20 PSTV and watch as you can magically do touch controls with EITHER the joy sticks on a DS3/DS4 OR use the gyros in the controller for said controls.

Before you keep acting like this is some impossible technology I implore you to use your brain on why it's there in the first place. It's not there to look at your mouth eating invisible sandwiches. That was just a by product of having the tech there.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-27 at 08:41 PM.

Yeah, core gamers love milking cows and motion controls.
    A single game doesn't make a console.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single game doesn't make a console.
    No, but you said you didn't see anything. I see Nintendo putting effort in to things that core gamers do not want, like motion controls, ir sensors, hd rumble and mini games.

No, but you said you didn't see anything. I see Nintendo putting effort in to things that core gamers do not want, like motion controls, ir sensors, hd rumble and mini games.
    Yet people seem genuinely interested in Arms, a heavily motion control based game. I haven't seen any complaints about it.

And no, I don't consider a single game making it "non core gamer" console. Otherwise. Viva Pinata says hi, just as one example.

Also there's no point in arguing about whether "core gamers" want something or not. It's a moot argument, because there's no way to prove or disprove it.

Although I will point out Mario Party has always been a pretty popular game up until the most recent ones though, mini games seem to be okay with "core gamers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Also there's no point in arguing about whether "core gamers" want something or not. It's a moot argument, because there's no way to prove or disprove it.
    Yet you pulled me up on my use of the term non core gamers and said you didn't see anything aimed at non core gamers, now you suddenly cant define core gamers... your arguments are all over the place mate. You've quoted me erroneously so many times, if I could put you on ignore I would.

Yet you pulled me up on my use of the term non core gamers and said you didn't see anything aimed at non core gamers, now you suddenly cant define core gamers... your arguments are all over the place mate. You've quoted me erroneously so many times, if I could put you on ignore I would.
    Yes, I don't see anything about the console that's aimed at "non core gamers". You pointed out a game.
    What does the game have to do with the console design?

Why would any "non core gamer" want to lug around something that's as large as a tablet, when they could just use their tablet already for their games they enjoy?

Also, there's a huge difference between claiming what a "non core gamer" is, and what "all core gamers" want.

A "non core gamer" can easily be defined, while you cannot easily speak for what "all core gamers" want. I'm not sure how this is contradictory to you.

Ex- I'm a core gamer, and I have no issue with motion controls. I'm sure if I held a large enough poll, I wouldn't be the only one voting that way either. So hence, you can't speak for all of them on how they feel. I mean, genre alone proves that not all gamers feel the same way. Some hate CoD, some love it. Some hate motion controls, some love it.

If you think misreading something once or twice is worth ignoring someone though, then you don't have to respond.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-27 at 09:27 PM.

Core gamer is not hardcore gamer. Core gamer's make up the bulk of console and software sales. Someone who buys CoD, Madden, NBA and 1-2 more games every year is considered a core gamer to video game publishers.

I don't think any "core gamers" are reading the mmo-champion forums. When you start to cross that line to being someone who cares about video games on message board you're now in the minority known as "hardcore gamers".

If anything Nintendo is blatently trying to pander to hardcore gamers with shit like Zelda and Xenoblade, as well as casuals with gimmicks. There is actually very little they're doing to attract the core gamers which is a MAJOR issue right now for the Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Core gamer is not hardcore gamer. Core gamer's make up the bulk of console and software sales. Someone who buys CoD, Madden, NBA and 1-2 more games every year is considered a core gamer to video game publishers.

I don't think any "core gamers" are reading the mmo-champion forums. When you start to cross that line to being someone who cares about video games on message board you're now in the minority known as "hardcore gamers".

If anything Nintendo is blatently trying to pander to hardcore gamers with shit like Zelda and Xenoblade, as well as casuals with gimmicks. There is actually very little they're doing to attract the core gamers which is a MAJOR issue right now for the Switch.
    and why wouldn't hardcore gamers buy 1-2 or more games a year? what about a core gamer would make them not want to read a gaming board?
    also zelda and xenoblade isn't shit. zelda moves just as many copies as say cod or halo can.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    zelda moves just as many copies as say cod
    LOL

This is sarcasm right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and why wouldn't hardcore gamers buy 1-2 or more games a year? what about a core gamer would make them not want to read a gaming board?
    also zelda and xenoblade isn't shit. zelda moves just as many copies as say cod or halo can.
    No offense but Zelda is a pretty terrible seller in the grand scheme of things, its never even sold more than 10 million copies. Skyward sword was awful when you think a console sells 100mil+ and you can't even sell 4 million.

No offense but Zelda is a pretty terrible seller in the grand scheme of things, its never even sold more than 10 million copies. Skyward sword was awful when you think a console sells 100mil+ and you can't even sell 4 million.
    Zelda sells as much as CoD... never sold over 10 mil. CoD regularly sells over 10 mil on SINGLE platforms let alone combined. The LULZ. Hell, I'm pretty sure for awhile there before it tapered off a bit CoD was averaging 25+ mil lifetime sales per entry.

Oh and we already know CoD has sold over 250 million copies in franchise history as of Jan 2016.

Zelda ain't even a blip on the fucking radar compared to CoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zelda sells as much as CoD...
    Yeah, tbh 17k posts in off topic section has probably had an impact on fact checking, that place is scary bad.

Deleted
    Zelda sells as much as CoD... never sold over 10 mil. CoD regularly sells over 10 mil on SINGLE platforms let alone combined. The LULZ. Hell, I'm pretty sure for awhile there before it tapered off a bit CoD was averaging 25+ mil lifetime sales per entry.

Oh and we already know CoD has sold over 250 million copies in franchise history as of Jan 2016.

Zelda ain't even a blip on the fucking radar compared to CoD.
    But then again, you can get CoD on almost any platform, where Zelda is exclusive. If you saw it launch on as many platforms, I bet it would sell a lot more, probably not as much as CoD though, as it's a frequent franchise. Also note that they release a CoD every year; talking about how many copies are sold in total, aren't adding anything valuable to the discussion. It's just trying to make your statement seem more solid, without it being so.
    Last edited by mmoc7bba3265ee; 2017-02-27 at 10:50 PM.