Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    This is disgusting. You obviously have never been in a Combat Military Arms unit before. Well I have, we are a different breed and this, this is disgusting.

This is not mourning, you do that in private.
    You do it however the fuck you want to, actually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Wrong, they were waiting for a moonless night, a night that if had occurred while Obama was still in office would have went into effect. However, the first moonless night wasnt until Trump took over.
    That is not true. You are simply spouting off the BS that Spicer said, and it is far from the truth.

Colin Kahl, who was a security official in the Obama White House, called Spicer’s story “B.S.”

“I was there. … No specific raid was discussed. … The ‘moonless night’ thing is B.S.,” he told the Wall Street Journal, adding that the White House never signed off on that specific mission.
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02...ed-yemen-raid/

In fact, even U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) pretty much said that Trump fucked up.

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15G5RX

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, Trump needs to take accountability. However, its already been said many times that the only reason that the mission was delayed was because they were waiting for a moonless night. Had that happened while Obama was in office the mission would have happened.
    Would haves and could haves, but they didn't happen. It's not even necessarily true - Spicer lies all the time. At the end of the day Trump is the one who fucked it up, and Trump needs to wear it.

Regardless of the dead soldier, which is shitty but at least understandable given the context, they killed a little girl. You'd think killing an 8 year old American girl would make the oh-so-family-oriented Republican mad, but apparently they don't give a shit.

All of you miss the damn point. The father flat out said that he doesnt like Trump and that is why he is not meeting with him. Meaning that he would have met with Obama. Everything else is stupid to argue. You dont know what would have happened if Obama gave the order, why he didnt give the order etc. Things could have been worse, things could have been better. It doesnt matter. What matters is that the father flat out said, Im not meeting Trump because I dont like him. Its ridiculous and has nothing to do with the decision to execute the mission.

All of you miss the damn point. The father flat out said that he doesnt like Trump and that is why he is not meeting with him. Meaning that he would have met with Obama. Everything else is stupid to argue. You dont know what would have happened if Obama gave the order, why he didnt give the order etc. Things could have been worse, things could have been better. It doesnt matter. What matters is that the father flat out said, Im not meeting Trump because I dont like him. Its ridiculous and has nothing to do with the decision to execute the mission.
    Right, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he doesn't like Trump because of the execution of the mission and the resulting death of his son.

Wouldn't that be weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you serious right now?
    adjective
    vigorously active and aggressive, especially in support of a cause:
    militant reformers.
    engaged in warfare; fighting.

noun
    a militant person.
    a person engaged in warfare or combat.

We are down to copypasting dictionaries at each other now?

And to address your other points - we don't know and won't know. Ever. They do stuff based on information that isn't available for us, and now, after stuff happened, they can lie all they want to us and we will eat it, because we have no way to disprove it without whistle blowers
    We are only copypasting because you claimed it had only the second definition (which most dictionaries do not seem to have and I did not hear in this context, Wikipedia says it is an old use for it that has fallen out of style), while I only knew the former. In which case I would amend what I said earlier and ask you to not use militant as it can be seen as derogatory/can be misunderstood. Soldier, Seal or serving in the military are all much more clear cut.

Yeah, we do not know. That is why that father is asking for more information, since as a grieving father, he wants to know more. The lying part is the really sad thing, because that is so very pervasive these days that we truly do need these whistle blowers to ensure that politicians actually have our best interests in mind.
    Which they don't, but when we have some measure of monitoring, they might at least do so to please us

10+ Year Old Account
    All of you miss the damn point. The father flat out said that he doesnt like Trump and that is why he is not meeting with him. Meaning that he would have met with Obama.
    Bullshit! You have no clue how he would react if Obama signed off on a mission that got his son killed. The above means you would have done that, not him.

Everything else is stupid to argue. You dont know what would have happened if Obama gave the order, why he didnt give the order etc.
    Yeah, you saying he would have met Obama isn't stupid, but pretending that we should pretend Obama would have signed it isn't? Basically, we cannot blame Trump for what he signed, without pretending Obama would have signed it? Every thing Trump actually does, needs to be blamed on Obama, as if Trump had no choice?

Things could have been worse, things could have been better. It doesnt matter. What matters is that the father flat out said, Im not meeting Trump because I dont like him. Its ridiculous and has nothing to do with the decision to execute the mission.
    His... son... died... what is wrong with you?

By the way... if there is ever a tragedy, where only one person dies. That's the only person's family, you are not permitted to say 'it could have been worse' to. Just FYI...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-27 at 08:16 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If you read the father's quotes it sure seems like it has a lot to do with the decision to execute the mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Trump was scrambling to tweet about this but it took several of his staff to tackle him down and pry the phone out of his hands. Ivanka could be heard screaming "Daddy no!" during the scuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bullshit! You have no clue how he would react if Obama signed off on a mission that got his son killed. The above means you would have done that, not him.

Yeah, you saying he would have met Obama isn't stupid, but pretending that we should pretend Obama would have signed it isn't? Basically, we cannot blame Trump for what he signed, without pretending Obama would have signed it? Every thing Trump actually does, needs to be blamed on Obama, as if Trump had no choice?

His... son... died... what is wrong with you?

By the way... if there is ever a tragedy, where only one person dies. That's the only person's family, you are not permitted to say 'it could have been worse' to. Just FYI...
    He flat out said that hes not meeting Trump because he doesnt like him. Um, if more than just that person dies, its worse, I dont care how you see it and I can say what I want.

If the father wanted answers, then go talk to Trump. Even so, there is an ongoing investigation. He knows this, everything else is political.

I hope this father's complaints becomes a rallying cry like Benghazi was and gets people to dump Trump in 2020. Such a poorly planned operation. ISIS is not even in Yemen, the only reason US troops were there was to prop up Saudi Arabia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    You know Trump was scrambling to tweet about this but it took several of his staff to tackle him down and pry the phone out of his hands. Ivanka could be heard screaming "Daddy no!" during the scuffle.
    You're joking but we both now it not far from the truth.

How does Donnie have such free access to twitter anyway? Obama used to talk about how one of the first things they did was take his phone and gave him something might get a kid. When are they going to cut off his twitter?

Comparing the situation to Benghazi is deserved but I hope it doesn't turn into that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I hate to be that guy, but blame should be a little more spread by those why planned and coordinated the op. Shittiest part about being POTUS or CEO is taking blame for other people's mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Trump can be really stupid (or act it at least) most often, but attacking the father would suprise even me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Trump was so keen on having his own "Bin Laden" moment that he rushed and botched things.
    And as a result US citizens and innocent civilians, some of them children, died.

But who cares as long as right-wingers feel empowered to desecrate cemeteries and shoot people they suspect are immigrants, right?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Trump can be really stupid (or act it at least) most often, but attacking the father would suprise even me.
    Really? You have already forgotten how Trump lashed out at Khizr Khan, the father of a fallen soldier because the father had criticized Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Really? You have already forgotten how Trump lashed out at Khizr Khan, the father of a fallen soldier because the father had criticized Trump?
    That was shitty, but Trump was not involved in that soldier's death.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So? People have refused to meet Obama and Bush ... this is nothing newsworthy.
    And how do you know this? Beacuse you read it on a news site/show?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That was shitty, but Trump was not involved in that soldier's death.
    Not saying he was. Simply that the man is all about lashing out at people, so I don't know why you would be surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Any proof of this? From the sound of the articles the operation was scheduled before Trump took office, his only involvement appears to have been not canceling it.
    This guy hit it on the head.

Look Im no Trump fan , but when you guys blame transitional incidents solely on Trump it makes you look like a Cheeto.

Can I say that ... ?