Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest Class Mounts, Patch 7.2 Class Changes Blue Posts, Tweets, Exorsus Interview

Top Decks of the Week for February 26

Patch 7.2 - Priest Class Mounts
    Today we are taking a look at the Priest class mount.

Priest Class Mount White Priest Class Mount Gold Priest Class Mount Shadow

Patch 7.2 - Class Changes Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Unholy Death Knight Gold Trait Feedback
    The gold trait should be changed in an upcoming PTR build to something that doesn't add Festering Wounds (and therefore resources and GCDs) to the rotation, since Unholy is still a bit swamped. (Official Forums)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Intimidating Roar
    While I am somewhat loath to respond to a thread where 23 of 25 posts are by the same person (and I apologize in advance to my colleagues from Community about this), it turns out that this is being changed in 7.2. Intimidating Roar will root targets rather than snaring them by 50%. We felt the current behavior was inconsistent with the tooltip, and also that the talent shouldn't feel like it adds risk to the ability that isn't present in the untalented version. (Official Forums)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Frost Mage Feedback
    Thanks for the detailed look. We agree there could be some cleanup around proc minutiae and Winter's Chill timing, including getting rid of the possibility of the double Ice Lance.

Few other minor notes:
    • Frozen Touch is slightly underpowered, but we likely have to be careful with it until we do something about the possibility of infinite Thermal Void rotations.
    • Glacial Spike is intended to double-dip crit on the Icicle portion of the damage, but it would be better if it didn't double-dip % damage buffs such as the ones you mentioned.
    • Glacial Eruption should be on PTR soon, but it will be able to Shatter.
    (Official Forums)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Outlaw discussion: RTB and True Bearing
    Overall it would be more ideal if the RTB buffs were closer in value. True Bearing has gradually crept up over the course of the expansion (around the time of Legion launch, I believe Shark Infested Waters was considered best, and they haven't changed much since then). I expect True Bearing climbs in value as the rotation gets faster due to stat increases and other bonuses being added over the course of the expansion, which all feed into the True Bearing positive feedback loop. Simply making it baseline would speed up the spec even further and contribute to the energy flood and other issues that it can have. While the similar effect was passive in Warlords, I'm sure (I haven't dug into this closely) that the Legion spec churns combo points much more rapidly. In any case the Legion version of True Bearing has the added synergy with Marked For Death that heaps even more combo points into the rotation during True Bearing.

Point being, while there's not a specific plan yet for balancing out the different RTB buffs, we agree that it would be better they were more even again. Longer-term, there's something to be said for tweaking the rules/probabilities of RTB in a way that would further reduce the value of rerolling frequently. (Official Forums)

Loaded Dice: New Outlaw Gold Trait Feedback
    Sigma already said they will make Loaded Dice give Slice and Dice some sort of buff, we have it in writing.
    This should be in the next PTR build. (Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Affliction Feedback
    We do agree that Affliction should feel most at home when it is applying DoTs to multiple targets. With specs like this where the basic mechanics and history of the spec lean towards being strong in one area, there's often a fine line to draw on how it should perform in the other areas (here, single-target damage). It shouldn't feel useless, but should feel like other players may have the advantage there. It's fine for a talent like Malefic Grasp to exist, but this logic probably implies it's slightly stronger than would be ideal. It's good feedback on the preliminary T20 set bonuses that they might push Affliction _away_ from feeling good when multi-dotting, which is something we'd want to avoid.

More broadly and looking ahead to the future, we agree that different specs--especially different specs within a pure DPS class--should have better delineated distinct strengths than they currently have in some cases. That doesn't mean the magnitude of the difference has to be very large (see the "useless" comment above). Especially in a context like single-target DPS, which is the subject of intense analysis and scrutiny, even a few % of difference in DPS is more than enough for players to notice and take seriously as a strength or weakness of a spec. Simply that it should be more clear what the scenario is that each spec has to look forward to as the place where it stands out, such as sustained multi-dotting for Affliction, or situations that allow Destruction to leverage Havoc especially well. (Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Can we have HD skins for old Hippogryph colorations and maybe some tamable snowy or ebon gryphons?
    There will be tameable black and white gryphons, but you will have to find them. (Muffinus)
    Tome of the Hybrid Beast: Would be cool if this unlocked another "page" of stable slots. Or put it on vendor.
    Probably worth noting, Feathermanes include: Gryphons, Hippogriffs, Owlcats, Wolfhawks, and Wyverns (most NYI atm) (Muffinus)
    any chance the Corrupted Hippogryph model could be added as a tame? would suit the expansion perfectly
    If you can find it (Muffinus)

So the paladin class mount is Rivendare's purified mount but the DKs already got that mount for the four horsemen.
    Death Knights obtain the saddle of Rivendare’s mount, but not the mount itself (just like Arthas' saddle doesn't mean Invincible) (Muffinus)

Artifacts
    Reflecting on Artifact Power so far in Legion, and discussing upcoming changes: https://t.co/szjdGDispE (NA), https://t.co/pk79BJi5wm (EU) (WatcherDev)
    This is a clever way of saying that you disagree with player's accounts of their psychology; right or wrong there'll be blowback
    No one can contradict someone else's emotions or thoughts. People feel what they feel. We're trying to mitigate the impact. (WatcherDev)

Character / Items
    Can you confirm that there is no benefit in repeating the "Touch of a Titan" Quest when having all legs upgraded to 940 ?
    Correct. These items will never have a use other than upgrading a 910 Legendary to 940. (WarcraftDevs)

Well we be able to equip more then 2 legendarys? In 7.2 or later?
    Not in 7.2. Potentially later, but undecided. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    can't find a clear answer on this. I'm currently prestige (and honor) capped. Will my honor gained pre cap be stored up or be lost?
    It is not stored (holinka)

Good to see some changes, could you also fix the bottom pillars of Blade's Edge as they currently ignore LoS
    7.2 (holinka)

will honor earned before 7.2 adjust retroactively when the patch goes live (e.g. Rank 5 players boost to Rank 10)?
    No. This change does not apply to all prestige levels, only the first 50 honor levels (aka Prestige 0). (holinka)

Pets and Pet Battles
    One single pet requires a fully-unlocked Artifact? This doesn't bode well for completionists.
    The time from empowerment to 51-point completion isn't as long as you think, don't worry (Muffinus)
    So it's not unreasonable for a completionist to knock out all 36 specs as a relatively casual player?
    For pet collectors, there are only 4 pets. Keep in mind that each alt/alt spec goes faster, too. (Muffinus)
    Oh, so there's not a class pet for each class - just the DK and Monk pets? That makes it a bit easier.
    Correct. Some classes get pets, some get multiple colors, some get color-changers, DHs get a Pepe, etc. (Muffinus)

So. Just going to put this out there...I sincerely hope these class pets are not Legion exclusive and will NOT be removed come next expac.
    No plans to remove them (Muffinus)

Reputation / Questing
    Any plans to lower the requirement for raid quests like Essence of Power for Emerald Nightmare to Raid Finder difficulty?
    No. The Balance of Power chain is intended to reward organized raiding. (WarcraftDevs)
    only downside is it locks out the entire row of artifact appearences to all bar organized raiders. Includes legion hero & M15
    Yeah, and it wasn't something that's indicated by the interface at all :\ Really not a fan of this approach.
    We agree that it should have been clearer in-game; Patch 7.2 has some changes that make this more apparent. (WarcraftDevs)
    But, to be clear, no plans to change the 2nd through 4th tints from being locked behind the 1st?
    Not at this time. (WarcraftDevs)

Misc
    The mount I've always wanted is _______. (Muffinus)

With flying being added in 7.2, will the violent shaking bug that Thal'kiel does when on a flying mount get fixed?
    Generally these are dealt with on a mount by mount basis. If you feel this way about a mount, please tell us! (Muffinus)

FinalBossTV #129 - Exorsus World First Nighthold Interview
    This week FinalBossTV talked to Exorsus about their world first.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-02-26 at 10:31 PM.

When do they plan to change the RTB buffs? Later in the xpac - at the end of the expansion when no one does cares anymore? Outlaw is a dead spec. They destroyed one of the three specs of the Rogue.

Deleted
    Man, some of this blue posts are probably from 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    When do they plan to change the RTB buffs? Later in the xpac - at the end of the expansion when no one does cares anymore? Outlaw is a dead spec. They destroyed one of the three specs of the Rogue.
    I think outlaw rogues expected some nerfs/changes from the start since they were the best at everything, and then they got the raw end. I feel for the ones who didn't jump ship immediately, so much invested into legendaries and artifact just for them to jack it up due to complete incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    The priest class mount just doesn't make sense...like...wtf is that thing? Some owl gryphon thing?

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    The priest class mount just doesn't make sense...like...wtf is that thing? Some owl gryphon thing?
    looks like a slenderman owl with a tombstone lodged in a somewhat uncomfortable place.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Honestly they need to do away with outbreak as an ability for Unholy an allow deathcoil to apply virulent plague, it would make more sense and give us an extra rune to play with. This would also free up some of the rotation bloat.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2017-02-27 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    It's a Meowl
    I like it. Looks like one of the barn owls we have here crossed with a cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It's a Meowl
    I like it. Looks like one of the barn owls we have here crossed with a cat.
    Yeah....but the bigger question is: how does this fit class fantasy? Monks get tigers, Shaman get elementals, DK's get those skeletal dragons then priests...they get owl-cat-gryphon.

priest should've gotten a mount like lightspawn the hearthstone card

Those owl-creatures are awesome looking!

Deleted
    DON'T ANSWER THIS: "The mount I've always wanted is _______. (Muffinus)" I bet they try to make a store mount...

"We agree Affliction shouldn't stand out in single-target situations."
    I'm not going back to Demo. You can't make me. It's a travesty of a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    priest should've gotten a mount like lightspawn the hearthstone card
    But wouldn't that just be a re-skin of the shammy mount? At least the meowl is a unique special snowflake :S

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    But wouldn't that just be a re-skin of the shammy mount? At least the meowl is a unique special snowflake :S
    Unique, special...yellow snowflake. Yuck! Seriously, it's ugly as hell. I'd prefer a recolor of a mount I use over having a unique, special one that I won't use anyway due to bad looks(or sounds, or screen shaking). That owl is just one more mount for the collection list and not more. It will be all over for the first 2 weeks and then it will be literally gone from screen.

That Priest mount looks awful.

wow that priest mount looks .....interesting...? No seriously what the heck is that thing..

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Intimidating Roar
    While I am somewhat loath to respond to a thread where 23 of 25 posts are by the same person (and I apologize in advance to my colleagues from Community about this), it turns out that this is being changed in 7.2. Intimidating Roar will root targets rather than snaring them by 50%. We felt the current behavior was inconsistent with the tooltip, and also that the talent shouldn't feel like it adds risk to the ability that isn't present in the untalented version. (Official Forums)
    Karmaoj
    <Second Best>
    110 Night Elf Druid
    49 posts
    1 day ago
    (Edited)

The fact that this thread by a guy who literally spammed to an answer from a blue got his response but the countless other threads about ferals that are 3 pages deep didnt really makes me sad. Im guessing ferals will continue to be ignored since this right here proves that our threads are being read but will never be answered unless we act extremely annoying.

Best fucking part lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Pockitt View Post
    wow that priest mount looks .....interesting...? No seriously what the heck is that thing..
    That is what you get when you constantly breed gryphons with their own parents/siblings....
    It's basically a gryphon pug.... i.e. a travesty. Looks like it had a major accident with a wall.

Deleted
    That mount is the ugliest thing i have ever seen.