Quote Originally Posted by ThePackness View Post
    But then again, you can get CoD on almost any platform, where Zelda is exclusive. If you saw it launch on as many platforms, I bet it would sell a lot more - also note that they release a CoD every year, so talking about how many total copies are sold, aren't adding anything valuable to the discussion.
    They release CoD every year and yet Zelda existed 20 years before CoD did. Point invalidated. Total franchise entries is actually pretty close.

Did you miss the part where I showed CoD easily out classes even the highest selling Zelda games of all time on single platforms?

Even if you only counted the highest selling console version for each CoD it's trumping Zelda by a very large amount.

Deleted
    You do know, that the gaming industry haven't been as large as it is now right? So looking retrospectively, isn't gonna make an argument valid. It's just not as simple as you want it to be, or to look like. And I did miss that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then again, you can get CoD on almost any platform, where Zelda is exclusive. If you saw it launch on as many platforms, I bet it would sell a lot more - also note that they release a CoD every year, so talking about how many total copies are sold, aren't adding anything valuable to the discussion.
    Just stop, COD 3 sold more on the PS3 alone than any Zelda game has ever sold. I love the fact you say they release a COD every year like that would have a benefiical impact...Thats a negative, the fact that Zelda comes out once in a blue moon and still can't shift more than 4 million copies says it all about Zelda sales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just stop, COD 3 sold more on the PS3 alone than any Zelda game has ever sold. I love the fact you say they release a COD every year like that would have a benefiical impact...Thats a negative, the fact that Zelda comes out once in a blue moon and still can't shift more than 5 million copies says it all about Zelda sales.
    Every year release, makes a huge impact on sales. If you release a product and promote it every year, the consumers will be more aware of it, thus more likely to buy it. That's just common knowledge. There is no point in, telling me that CoD 3 sold more copies. I'm not saying anything against that, but you must look at it with a wider perspective, instead of a box like view. There can be many reasons for the differences, instead of just bashing a game, maybe have a real constructive non black/white discussion.
    Last edited by mmoc7bba3265ee; 2017-02-27 at 11:00 PM.

You do know, that the gaming industry haven't been as large as it is now right? So looking retrospectively, isn't gonna make an argument valid. It's just not as simple as you want it to be, or to look like. And I did miss that point.
    2011:

Modern Warfare 3: 14.8 million on 360(75 mil install base at time of release) 13.3 million on PS3(75 mil install base at time of release)
    Skyward Sword: 3.96 million(97 mil install base at time of release)

Ya, gaming industry sure has changed a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every year release, makes a huge impact on sales. If you release a product and promote it every year, the consumers will be more aware of it, thus more likely to buy it. That's just common knowledge.
    Theres also over saturation of the market. If Zelda was a yearly thing we'd end up with a tired old franchise. Its the game that sells, not the annual updates, why do you think Mario kart outsells everything (Except 8 for obvious reasons)yet we only see one every generation? COD is just one of those games.

Deleted
    That is true, but you can't deny that the yearly establishment of the franchise, can have an impact. We don't know for sure, but you have to think about the differences in the games release cycle, promotion, etc. Clearly Nintendo aren't doing enough for it, to sell more than CoD, but at what cost would they be able to? And we are not even talking about the 2 different genres of the games, and how much time it takes to create them.
    Last edited by mmoc7bba3265ee; 2017-02-27 at 11:13 PM.

projared who has played almost all the public available demos of zelda and has the switch version early says the fps issues are just as shitty on wiiu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Somehow I want a Switch badly for Zelda.

I guess I am too late now ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post

It's never too late. You can wait for the holiday season when it has more games and more stock. Hopefully, you'll have more money too. Save up, I started saving when it was first announced on an investor's call (I was gonna use the money for a laptop if Nintendo disappointed me too much).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    It's never too late. You can wait for the holiday season when it has more games and more stock. Hopefully, you'll have more money too. Save up, I started saving when it was first announced on an investor's call (I was gonna use the money for a laptop if Nintendo disappointed me too much).
    No I will have less money, because If I don't buy a Switch I will probably buy a 2500€ gaming PC :X

No I will have less money, because If I don't buy a Switch I will probably buy a 2500€ gaming PC :X
    Then I hope you're building the computer and not buying a prebuilt. A PC that expensive should easily be able to emulate the Wii U, so you can still play Zelda at least.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Deleted
    Then I hope you're building the computer and not buying a prebuilt. A PC that expensive should easily be able to emulate the Wii U, so you can still play Zelda at least.
    no worries, been building for years.

I guess I will go to the stores on release date and see if I can pick it up. There might be some "unknown" stores that people don't expect to be going to buy consoles ^^

Just call up some stores the night before, I'm sure there will be a few available for walk-ins but after Friday it will probably be awhile before anymore switches come out. I'm hoping the lack of consoles isn't as bad as the Wii was, though I'm sure part of reason for that was because it was the cheapest next-gen console on the market at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    But nah it's totes a home console guys.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...uchscreen-only

I personally bought a $1500 pre-built gaming PC a couple of year's back. It was a laptop, which was the idea, but still.

As for emulating Zelda, there is a definite possibility of the Wii U version having issues to emulate for the next few months, and the Switch version won't be available for a few years as a Switch emulator won't be out for a couple of years at the earliest.

And that's not including the testing and tweaking to get the framerate to not be shit, as this Gamekult editor spells out (since it's in French, rough translation from NeoGAF below the link):

https://twitter.com/boulapoire/statu...39548175142914

Strictly talking about the tutorial area :
    Strong aliasing
    Worse sharpness
    Serious framerate drops
    Visual issues with cutscenes and when getting out of the inventory
    Too many actions (using a power+rotating the camera = "framerate death"
    5 sec loading time when you get back to the Home menu
    He installed every patch available
    The plateau on Switch is bad framerate related and it gets better after, but in the plateau it's nowhere near what the Wii U version is
    - - - Updated - - -

Taken directly from Cemu's developer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/commen...kinda/deavv9x/

I'll look into getting BotW to work once it's officially out. Realistically, I can't give any ETA but at best it will be weeks and not days. Also please keep in mind that popularity isn't what makes games playable in the emulator. Lot's of popular games currently softlock or crash in Cemu and we have no idea why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

And it's definitely not a tablet...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

"Oh god someone made/ported a cellphone game to a unit that have the Ability to play it, and it doesnt utilize the unit full out?! This totally invalidates the entire concept of the unit"

It's still a hybrid (or call it a handheld for that matter) console.

Some laptops have a touchscreen as well/"tablet hybridization" like the lenovo yoga, but it's still a laptop even though you can play candycrush with the touch functions.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone call Cnet and giantbomb, another console-breaking hardware failure have been discovered!
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-28 at 06:47 AM.

i honestly dont see how it wouldnt work with the joy cons.
    maybe it requires more than 2 fingers?

either way most games would be able to be played in tv mode with joy cons since the touchscreen is the same as the main screen.

i wonder how ds vc games will work though. will it split the screen in halves? will tendo be a fuckboi and not even bother with ds vc despite wiiu having it?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Anyone know if the Switch will be backward compatible with Wii-U games like Mario Maker? I know it wont be physically but have they mentioned if it can be done via download?