Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Originxfade View Post
    Really? How so?
    There is a Night Elf anointed as a Paladin during its events, one Delas Moonfang. The occurrence is definitely reminiscent of the inclusion of Tauren as Paladin with Aponi Brightmane.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This thread feels quite unnecessary. The subject was widely discussed from this page on, in the previous 7.2 spoilers thread. It would have had more sense posting there rather than open a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I am not quite sure whats going on here. I would have said that it is all ner'zuls tricks coz it is he who could forsee things, but arthas killed him... maybe he knew that he would kill him? so he stil resided in the helm and manipulates bolvar the way that he manipulated things in woltk and he got his revenge on arthas. He surely has a score to settle with legion and now when he opened his eyes he sets things in motion. would be nice to see lich king approaches kil'jaeden. and illidan. Those three have a nice history
    Can't we just leave Ner'zhul in the past? I get that many players disliked how he was dealt with in the book, but Blizz was right saying that he had to go because Arthas was the ultimate protagonist of the scourge story.

Bolvar becoming evil is definitely more interesting than "Ner'zhul is back and is controlling him". Bolvar has all the required stuff to become a major figure in WoW: former paladin, former Stormwind reagent, infused (?) with red dragonflight magic, iron will that even Arthas couldn't break, and self proclaimed jailor of the damned. And now he's doing shady business with the deathlord and Acherus.

The success of this formula can be already seen in this (and other) forums, since players speculation and hype is mostly directed towards Bolvar and the void/N'zoth.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Can't we just leave Ner'zhul in the past? I get that many players disliked how he was dealt with in the book, but Blizz was right saying that he had to go because Arthas was the ultimate protagonist of the scourge story.

Bolvar becoming evil is definitely more interesting than "Ner'zhul is back and is controlling him". Bolvar has all the required stuff to become a major figure in WoW: former paladin, former Stormwind reagent, infused (?) with red dragonflight magic, iron will that even Arthas couldn't break, and self proclaimed jailor of the damned. And now he's doing shady business with the deathlord and Acherus.

The success of this formula can be already seen in this (and other) forums, since players speculation and hype is mostly directed towards Bolvar and the void/N'zoth.
    Its all does not explain why/how he is becoming evil, and what does it have to do with void lords. He was acting similary to arthas just a bit more subtle. trying to control minds, resurrecting the dead and we see that his actions are made against the legion like he has some personal buisenes with them.
    We cant throw away ner'zul... again, the visions, forseeing things, it was all ner'zuls tricks way before the helm of damnation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Its all does not explain why/how he is becoming evil, and what does it have to do with void lords. He was acting similary to arthas just a bit more subtle. trying to control minds, resurrecting the dead and we see that his actions are made against the legion like he has some personal buisenes with them.
    We cant throw away ner'zul... again, the visions, forseeing things, it was all ner'zuls tricks way before the helm of damnation.
    I didn't mean Bolvar and the voidlords are related, just that both subject are at the center of the community attention.
    Also, Ner'zhul is dead and it has been confirmed. We can assume that despite he's no longer in the helm his powers remained in the Crown, thus giving Bolvar occasional visions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I didn't mean Bolvar and the voidlords are related, just that both subject are at the center of the community attention.
    Also, Ner'zhul is dead and it has been confirmed. We can assume that despite he's no longer in the helm his powers remained in the Crown, thus giving Bolvar occasional visions.
    One thing that stuck out to me rather pointedly in the 7.2 Death Knight Order Hall quests is that Bolvar says "The Helm of Domination shows me many thing." The subject/object agreement of that sentence was not lost on me - it makes it sound more like Bolvar is enthralled by the Helm than the other way around (e.g. "The Helm of Domination enhances my sight" or "With the Helm of Domination I am afforded greater vision.") It adds more fuel to the argument that *something* about the Helm is influencing him especially as his new personality is pretty starkly different from his previous incarnation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Nobody "expected" that. After 6 years of Bolvar not being mentioned in even single quest or item people just kinda moved on. And he DIDN'T actually HAVE TO appear in death knight campaign, as Ebon Blade has worked independently since they freed themselves from Arthas, and certainly didn't Bolvar to progress their story.
    Maybe I didn't express my self clearly enough. I'm sure the lore nerds of this forum didn't expect him to be evil, but the majority of the player base just see Lich king = evil. Therefore you get an evil Lich king as expected. Blizzard lore writing isn't exactly complicated or coherent. Not after WC3 anyway.

Deleted
    As I said in the other thread, the Lich King's behavior and actions seem Old God'ish to me. Not the kind of Old God-stuff we'd see from a faceless maybe, more along the 'create strife and suffering'-lines.
    I know you can see that if you are on the "Old God-train" like me and not see it, if you're not.
    To me the lines from the Memory of Arthas in Val'Sharah, when you get your artifact power from it sealed my bet on Old God shenanigans:
    Memory of Arthas whispers: The darkness does not die, <name>.
    Memory of Arthas whispers: Rage Against the Nightmare. Struggle as you will.
    Memory of Arthas whispers: The infinite darkness is patient. We will all be claimed in the end.

But mainly I hope they do something with it. The biggest let down for me would be, if nothing at all comes out of it and Bolvar just goes back to being silent and nothing comes from the DK nasty stuff-side.

Bolvar could only fit the role of quest boss. Raid final boss lol no. Expansion major villan. No fucking chance ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Lol, you actually think there is only 2 xpacs left? and were gonna kill sargeras in legion? lmfao
    And who is th e 7.3 finale boss? Jaraxxus?

Sargeras is dting because you cant d4ive a story with Sargeras and no legio . If hea not dead he becomes the void lords dark titan.

Convinently legion pushes azshara and nzoth the two last villans and not surprisingly the void lords two most powerful and last servants on azeroth.

Fucki ng bolvar expansion. What a fucki ng joke. Making bolvar a expansion villan after arthas is like making Jaraxxus the leader when KJ dies. Bolvars is a fucki ng nobody compared to arthas. We have fought the lich king. We dont need to fight a shitty B version of the Lich King. No thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Bolvar could only fit the role of quest boss. Raid final boss lol no. Expansion major villan. No fucking chance ever
    oh great, you are back.

Formerly known as Arafal

id k why you' re t4lking like this b ut, we are not fucki ng killing s4rgera s this exp4nsio .
    Why lol. Because it makes you sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread needs to return to its original topic or I will definitely begin cleaning it up.

luckily mmo-c moderator team began doing it's job again and stopped banning me and hopefully will clean this thread up.
    Oh ok so you cant give a reason sargeras wont die. Thanks

Also no bolvar expansion or raid. Ever

15+ Year Old Account
    Hoping they tie it all up by the end of the expansion, because I sure as hell don't want a WotLK 2.0.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

if you need reasons, you're delusional.

Now can we please go back to the fucking topic?

ty
    It is on topic you think he wont die because of a reason you dont have and that they will milk the Lich King B team expansion concept. Thats on topic because you apparently believe in the power of the player DKs as an enemy faction

Now give me your reasoning or you shouldnt of even.made the damn argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Hoping they tie it all up by the end of the expansion, because I sure as hell don't want a WotLK 2.0.
    They will for the simple fact these questlines need a finale to them all. None have hit a climax yet.

Im more concerned about the priest old god blade and the ramifications of slaying Sargeras with it. Could the blade itself pierce deep and cause unforseen consequences such as the birth of the Dark Titan ironically from the one that destroyed the universe in opposition of its creation

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-02-28 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

We can't really say what Blizz has planned for Bolvar right now...they can make him into a sideboss, they could give him a power update (maybe he creates a new, more powerful Frostmourne or whatever) and make him into a new major expansion boss, etc. It's completey up to Blizz right now

IMO, Bolvar won't do much outside of what he is currently doing so long as the player DK upholds their end of the bargain. He's necessary for the plot, to keep the Scourge in check. While he strongly suggests that if the Deathlord falls, he will take matters into his own hands, the fact that the Deathlord won't fall thanks to plot armor, I doubt anything will truly change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll return to my previous idea after giving this a spin in the PTR. Bolvar would be a nice boss for a secondary raid. Tomb might be awesome but 9 bosses are not enough imo. A second raid with 2-3 bosses (with a few OP trinkets thrown in so people actually DO the raid more than once) would be very welcome. And imo it would make a lot of sense for Kil'jaeden to have sent agents to collect his errant project. A raid with Mal'Ganis and Bolvar between 7.2 and 7.3 would be a nice idea.

You could even have Alex make an appearance
    You could HOWEVER. The entire dk story is class specific so bolvar out of nowhere for 90% of the playerbase would be a nonsensical stupid curveball.

Lastly i doubt KJ holds the same grudge he held for nerzhul and arthas betrayal that he would for bolvar. Bolvar is irrelevant to KJ. Absolutely pathetic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    IMO, Bolvar won't do much outside of what he is currently doing so long as the player DK upholds their end of the bargain. He's necessary for the plot, to keep the Scourge in check. While he strongly suggests that if the Deathlord falls, he will take matters into his own hands, the fact that the Deathlord won't fall thanks to plot armor, I doubt anything will truly change.
    And if a move was made against the deathlord by bolvar it would be the dk class hall to deal with. NOT global player content.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You could HOWEVER. The entire dk story is class specific so bolvar out of nowhere for 90% of the playerbase would be a nonsensical stupid curveball.

Lastly i doubt KJ holds the same grudge he held for nerzhul and arthas betrayal that he would for bolvar. Bolvar is irrelevant to KJ. Absolutely pathetic
    Ahhh yes, there is your headcanon again. You have no idea what Kil'jaeden thinks of the new Lk. After all, it's still his creation.