Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    The US is becoming Pakistan? Basically everyone should just ignore any logical reasoning from your conclusions for now on.
    No different from the usual suspects calling Sweden "Swedistan". It's not very logical in any case, and is only becoming more common on the web and spreading its tentacles outside of it as well...

Wouldn't it be fun living in a world where everything's based on hyperbole, cherrypicked incidents to further an agenda and hatred for "the others" rather than liberal (as in the meaning of the word, not some political party) values, facts that can be backed up since they actually are true, and freedom?!?

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It's funny that when one country, in his opinion, turns to be more radical, he compares it .... to a Muslim country.
    That tells me so much about this free thinking, open minded, anti-racist individual.
    Haha. The irony. Didn't even realize.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    Yes I've seen the pew research polls that people tend to throw down as a trump card. Their data sets are heavily skewed due to a number of biases including selection bias, observer bias, and having laughably low samples in comparison to the total Muslim population.
    No, they don't have low samples. If you ever looked at them, they show exact numbers of respondents for every country. Margin of error is pretty low. They also make them like.. every single year?
    Also, what do you mean biased. They ask simple questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post

nice propaganda cutting me off right there making it look like I say 50% of all muslims are terrorists.
    You have to look at the whole sentence, champion
    You literally put that number out yourself, "champion"...

Yeah that is true, but I am not going to call all muslims evil just because 50% of them are terrorists, murdering people, beheading their wives, marrying children under the age of 10.
    I know a few very nice muslims actually who don't take their faith to serious, but are more open minded.

No numbers are never representative since we dont have the time or resources for a perfect research. It doesn't matter if I say 0,1% or 99,9%.
    The nihilistic approach to metrics. That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Malmcom X isn't BLM. He kinda died a few decades sooner.

FOCUS lets try and stay on subject.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just start throwing out percentages as if they are facts. That's not how this works. If you are going to say 5% or 50% are terrorist then back it up.
    A BLM activist quoted it in present day as a legitimate quote of Malcolm X in an intervie.

Is the guy who got bit the only one saying he shouted "anti-Muslim" slurs?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The nihilistic approach to metrics. That's a bold strategy, Cotton.
    Thanks.

One has to stay in touch with the postfactual era we are living in

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    He attacked a muslim, ALL AMERICANS ARE RACIST NOW!
    Until proof of the contrary, all americans are racists. We'll have to decide on a case by case basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    The US is becoming Pakistan? Basically everyone should just ignore any logical reasoning from your conclusions for now on.
    Well its an analogy; you don't have to like it but facts are facts. Attacks in plain sight, during the day, screaming slogans, and racial bias. Its not so different from the other side of the world man.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    A BLM activist quoted it in present day as a legitimate quote of Malcolm X in an intervie.
    You mean in that interview from the early 90's?

Or the interview about Oscar Grant (which this is) from around 2009/10?

You know, before BLM was a thing? : D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I don't care what number you use, use proper statistics that can be quantitative and be used in a demographic study that can be used to draw both conclusion and correlations.
    then just pretend I said "an undisclosed number that may range from low to very high" if it makes you happy

I just came in here to say that all humans are equal and we shouldn't generalize. The fellow who commited the crime is a crazy dude and it is an isolated case. Every human being is an individual and not responsible for the action of others. That is all I wanted to say and people came in here arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Well its an analogy; you don't have to like it but facts are facts. Attacks in plain sight, during the day, screaming slogans, and racial bias. Its not so different from the other side of the world man.
    Yes... yes it is. Don't construe facts with ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

No, but thanks for asking instead of jumping to insults like you did before
    Jumping to conclusions. How very childish of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Until proof of the contrary, all americans are racists. We'll have to decide on a case by case basis.
    Even if only 100% of all Americans are racist. That's still 300 million people. Think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    No, they don't have low samples. If you ever looked at them, they show exact numbers of respondents for every country. Margin of error is pretty low. They also make them like.. every single year?
    Also, what do you mean biased. They ask simple questions.
    They do and I'll also admit that they wouldn't be totally wrong on the information they gathered since a certain amount of it is going to be statistically accurate. By biased I don't mean in the literal sense but was referring to study errors.

One small example would be asking how many were in favour of Sharia when those laws are numerous with both questionable and benign decrees present in them. In this example someone who favoured public chopping off of hands for stealing would fall in the same statistical significance as someone who was simply interested in the inheritance laws.

I can take more specific examples from the most recently updated research poll to break it down further if you wish once I'm not on call.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Jumping to conclusions. How very childish of you.

Even if only 100% of all Americans are racist. That's still 300 million people. Think about it.
    From what we're seeing in the media... why start thinking like a mature adult human being?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    They do and I'll also admit that they wouldn't be totally wrong on the information they gathered since a certain amount of it is going to be statistically accurate. By biased I don't mean in the literal sense but was referring to study errors.

One small example would be asking how many were in favour of Sharia when those laws are numerous with both questionable and benign decrees present in them. In this example someone who favoured public chopping off of hands for stealing would fall in the same statistical significance as someone who was simply interested in the inheritance laws.

I can take more specific examples from the most recently updated research poll to break it down further if you wish once I'm not on call.
    They don't only ask if someone supports Sharia, but if they agree with stoning for adultery, for example. They break it down to several questions. And people respond to that, you can't simply skew that.
    It also shows that Muslim countries closer to Europe, or with historical ties with Europe, tend to be more "liberal". I see no bias in there, sadly. Sadly because what these numbers show is not something nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Which is extremely incorrect anyway. Especially in Europe and Americas where well over 90% of incidents are from non religious (as in not only not muslim, but not christian or jewish or whatever) sources.
    In the US the vast majority of domestic terrorism is caused by right-wingers (Christian and otherwise, bombing abortion clinics, bringing guns and hundreds of bullets to protests, gunning down cops over the confederate flag, etc.) - at least according to the FBI and DHS statistics, which are the most comprehensive metrics we have on the subject.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You mean in that interview from the early 90's?

Or the interview about Oscar Grant (which this is) from around 2009/10?

You know, before BLM was a thing? : D
    It's the same exact thing. Different label, same cause. I'll take a page out of the liberal's strategy book.. BLM is literally hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    So some stupid dipshit bit a guy and he's going to jail?

Sounds like the reasonable end game was achieved.

So what's the big hoopla about?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis