Page 50 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Playing it now and it's great so far, ca screwed up the redeem keys for early access though but there where some fixed people provided on the forums.

Alot of mods already have been patched to so that's nice, just waiting for Steel Faith and a few others to be ready then i start a long campaign just playing with short ones so far like trying all sub factions, i prefer King Louen Leoncoeur so far, hes just a melee beast.

I used to go with Radious but it's just to many units and pretty unbalanced so i moved to Steel Faith instead and i find it much better for a Overhaul mod and it's much more lore friendly.

Maby i roll without any overhaul mod this time though as it conflicts with many other great mods, think i do that this time.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-28 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So planning to play this tomorrow/tonight, any awesome mods you guys would recommend for starting out or just play vanilla at first?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    So planning to play this tomorrow/tonight, any awesome mods you guys would recommend for starting out or just play vanilla at first?
    Improved Borders / Border Colors
    Prometheus Skill Points Renewed
    Daelin's Unit Resize - Lore Friendly
    Skip Intro Logos
    Building Progression Icons
    BETTER Campaign Map - OVERHAULED
    Improved Weather Colors
    Varied Generals
    Home Region Movement Bonus
    Improved Loading Screen Artwork!
    Better Camera Mod

None of those change the game to much.

I use more but those change the base game so i would start with those above.

Now all of those may not be patched for tomorrow as the new patch with Bretonnia just came out so modders need time to patch them.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-28 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Improved Borders / Border Colors
    Prometheus Skill Points Renewed
    Daelin's Unit Resize - Lore Friendly
    Skip Intro Logos
    Building Progression Icons
    BETTER Campaign Map - OVERHAULED
    Improved Weather Colors
    Varied Generals
    Home Region Movement Bonus
    Improved Loading Screen Artwork!
    Better Camera Mod

None of those change the game to much.

I use more but those change the base game so i would start with those above.

Now all of those may not be patched for tomorrow as the new patch with Bretonnia just came out so modders need time to patch them.
    If I play with a friend will he need them also or just me as the host?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

If I play with a friend will he need them also or just me as the host?
    Yeah you will need the same mods for coop to work.

Deleted
    Damn Bretonnia are really fun, was expecting an Empire clone.

Vanilla is perfectly playable.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Bretonnia is pretty amazing. It's easily the most complete faction right now.

They nailed everything about them, the economy, the events, the lord system. That's how *all* the races should've been.
    It's amazing how much impact certain events have. It starts with the orc "invasion", which adds -20 control/public order and ends with events will add -10/20 leadership (or something like that)... I mean, it's so much better than the -+3 public order, +-1 chaos corruption stuff etc. because it will actually change how you do things. +-3 Public order? Who freaking cares, but -20? Yeah, I might decide to engage the source of that.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-28 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Bretonnia is pretty amazing. It's easily the most complete faction right now.

They nailed everything about them, the economy, the events, the lord system. That's how *all* the races should've been.
    It's amazing how much impact certain events have. It starts with the orc "invasion", which adds -20 control/public order and ends with events will add -10/20 leadership (or something like that)... I mean, it's so much better than the -+3 public order, +-1 chaos corruption stuff etc. because it will actually change how you do things. +-3 Public order? Who freaking cares, but -20? Yeah, I might decide to engage the source of that.
    I was just on my way to conquer Marienburg when this popped up went off slaughter the orks, headed back hope to like my wounds. Ceased hostilities with Mairanberg and went off to purge Musalon. Vamps feel rough with a low tier Bretonnian army no good sword or monstrous unites to mow though hordes of zombies till late, trebuchet ain't too hot for it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are announcing the sequel next week... It is pretty much confirmed its the New World, with Lizardmen guaranteed. The other three main races are seemingly the High Elves, the Dark Elves, and the Skaven.

Hopefully the announcement heralds a sale on the DLC.

https://comingsoon.totalwar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So they are announcing the sequel next week... It is pretty much confirmed its the New World, with Lizardmen guaranteed. The other three main races are seemingly the High Elves, the Dark Elves, and the Skaven.

Pretty sure they just had a big sale on steam, everything except wood elf dlc i think.

I really hope they add naval battles for the next part that would be sweet

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 25% off. I'm waiting for the summer sale, if I even bother at all, I sat down to play the bretonnian one and didn't feel that motivated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Is it definitely warhammer 2? if so that sucks - i miss the historical total wars

Oh well, back to shogun 2 for another 6 years

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Is it definitely warhammer 2? if so that sucks - i miss the historical total wars

They are already working on a historical Total War game too.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-2017/p1?new=1
    HISTORICAL TEAM – UNANNOUNCED TOTAL WAR TITLE
    Our next major historical release is now in full production with the game design locked and asset creation fully underway. The game retains the same strong focus on character design that infused previous major releases, with the key personalities of the period in particular being an early priority for us now; as such there are some vibrant and striking renders plastered around the studio, with eye-catching combat animations garnering some serious attention too.

Can we have a TW set in ancient China for a change, thank you very much。

Warring States, Three Kingdoms and Sixteen Kingdoms periods are such great material for TW games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Its more like a standalone expansion pack.

I just hope we end up with one giant world map with all factions.

10+ Year Old Account

from the latest dev update

HISTORICAL TEAM – UNANNOUNCED TOTAL WAR TITLE
    Our next major historical release is now in full production with the game design locked and asset creation fully underway. The game retains the same strong focus on character design that infused previous major releases, with the key personalities of the period in particular being an early priority for us now; as such there are some vibrant and striking renders plastered around the studio, with eye-catching combat animations garnering some serious attention too.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I just hope we end up with one giant world map with all factions.
    I believe that is the plan. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that they get the Mano'War license otherwise there will be no proper naval battles and seeing as there is a massive ocean between the new and old worlds it would be a massive waste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I just hope that they get the Mano'War license otherwise there will be no proper naval battles and seeing as there is a massive ocean between the new and old worlds it would be a massive waste
    Apparently, a player found some new code in the game for naval units, so fingers crossed, we will see them in Warhammer 2. I really enjoyed naval battles in Empire Total War and if WH2 brings in the "new world" of high elves, dark elves and lizardmen, ships should be similarly important to the gameplay as they were in Empire.

The new historical title has me curious - it's supposedly a period Total War has not covered before but has prominent historical "personalities". This would seem to rule out more modern conflicts, when individual generals are not that important on the battlefield, and suggest perhaps an older conflict surrounded in legend. Perhaps a Chinese "Romance of the three Kingdoms" conflict or something similar?