7+ Year Old Account

[Balance/Resto] Problems on Aluriel

I'm the raid leader of a more casual guild and we've just made our first foray into Heroic. We've gotten the first three and Krosus down with minimal problem but we're hitting a bit of a wall with Aluriel. We spent most of last night doing attempts on her and myself and our heal lead (our monk) both feel our resto druid's numbers aren't where they should be for their gear. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as both of us have little insight on how resto should be playing in this sort of situation.

Here's our logs.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/VpAXhw1kQvLqHJ8d#view=analytical

And our resto druid's armories:

Dwerva: battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Dwerva/simple

Alcesh: battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Alcesh/simple

As a side question, our balance druid is consistently lower than where we feel she should be in terms of her overall DPS. Again, any insight we can pass on to them would be greatly appreciated.

Meadbh: battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/M%C3%A9adbh/simple

warcraftlogs.com/reports/VpAXhw1kQvLqHJ8d#

warcraftlogs.com/reports/wRzkCW6FqVB7NrMf

(Apologies for no links, not able to post them yet.)

Well from what I see, in your last HC try, she did only 1 Starfall on the adds. Aluriel is an AoE fight.
    On normal she did 10 SFalls, but their damage was so low, I believe she's not running SDrift talent.
    For Aluriel she should be running Starlord, SotF, SS and SD. On her bnet she's running ST talents, which are no good for Aluriel.

Even skorp HC was bad. 12 Sfalls is too little. And go AoE spec.

Just a quick glance of the logs, but for both of your resto druids:
    Lifebloom uptime (70% on Dwerva, just 9% on Alcesh) needs to be higher, no reason not to have it at close to 100%.
    They rarely use Flourish and Essence of G'hanir. Hardly any reason not to cast those spells close to the CD, especially on raiddamage heavy fights like krosus. Dwerva is doing better here than Alcesh, though still far from the optimal number of uses.

For Alcesh specifically:
    Is specced for Prosperity/SotF, yet rarely uses SotF proc on WildGrowth (instead, usually uses them on reju). SotF should be used to buff WG, i.e. the cast sequence is Swiftmend, followed by WG, then use Flourish/Essence of G'hanir to boost further. Easy fix here though is, to just have him respec for Cultivation/Cenarion Ward, those talents are better.
    Too many regrowth cast, even though his lifebloom uptime is close to zer. As a consequence, hardly any clearcasting procs (meaning mana free regrowths). If possible, only cast regrowth on clearcasting procs. The mana saved can be used for more rejuvenation casts, e.g. on your Krosus kill he has 20 less casts than Dwerva (don't be confused by the overall reju healing being about the same, that's due to a lot of passive reju healing Alcesh gets from his 4p19/legendary ring).

Deleted
    I can see fights with restoration both druids specced in 2min-tranq but do only use one tranq in complete fight. Is there a plan for using tranq at specific events in fight? Who is responsible for assignment of heal-cds?

Additionally to Stormgust's tipps: The no of casts per minute could be higher... Mouseover-macros or addons for clique-bindings as clique/vuhdo/healbot are helpful. If you look e.g. at Tel'arn nm kill, Alcesh has 23.8 only casts per minute. In replay it looks as he/she stops casting during movement...

7+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the advice guys, I just forwarded it to them and they're both going to look to start making changes based on your feedback, I appreciate it!

Any more advice on our balance druid's rotation? specifically for the single target?

Going over your resto druids, I can see they are not casting enough (rejuvs at least). On my last kill, I had 109 casted (Probably the logs counts in the 4-set procs, not sure). My point is that they are not using rejuvs when it is the easiest spell to have 95+%, if not 99% or 100% uptime. Once they are casting enough heals she will fall.

One thing to note, we are going with 3 healers (14-16 people).

Here is the latest kill's log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing

I still can improve CDs' wise (Lost my WA somehow, re-building everything from scratch) and so your resto druids too.

Edit: I've noticed that Dwerva was using the bracers and was specced into CW just like me. He should try to aim for CW followed by Swiftmend on the active tank as much as possible all the time (Along with trying to refresh the hots before that to save himself so much on that tank).
    Last edited by Meteox; 2017-02-26 at 08:30 AM.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

Thank you for you advice, I will defiantly be sure to keep that CW Swiftmend combo up on the tank. I have also moved my talents around a bit to suit the fight better I think it will help me alot. I am glad you mentioned the importance of rejuv but I should point out that these attempts only lasted until 70 or 65% so that is most likely why the total number seems low. Any more tips you have for me with this fight? I always seem to struggle in fights with alot of movement, any tips there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nylos View Post
    I appreciate the advice guys, I just forwarded it to them and they're both going to look to start making changes based on your feedback, I appreciate it!

Any more advice on our balance druid's rotation? specifically for the single target?

Why would she be single target on an AOE fight?

if she cleaves off adds she will do plenty of damage to boss.

this is one of the few fights where you want the moonkin to burst down adds so the real ST classes can get back on the boss as soon as possible (coughMELEEcough)

Starlord, SotF, SS and SD

she should be saving as much AP for starfall as possible. at that point its just dotting, casting to pool ap and SFall SFall Sfall.

Pretty much what others already said - you definetely need some of your dps to go full AoE on her and boomkin can do that quite well. She could save some AP a few seconds before add appear to Starfall immediately

A bit on the offtop side - you clearly struggle to get past frost phase without taking way too much damage. Try to plan your positioning and debuff distribution. Excessive movement = DPS loss.
    Look how nicely those guys did that on 8-ranged comp:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...18&view=replay
    Our 6-ranged version from last night:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...26&view=replay

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Why would she be single target on an AOE fight?

if she cleaves off adds she will do plenty of damage to boss.

this is one of the few fights where you want the moonkin to burst down adds so the real ST classes can get back on the boss as soon as possible (coughMELEEcough)

Starlord, SotF, SS and SD

she should be saving as much AP for starfall as possible. at that point its just dotting, casting to pool ap and SFall SFall Sfall.

I wasn't just referring to her performance on Aluriel, it was her performance in general was trending on the low side, that's why I linked our full logs from last week's raid. I will definitely tell her to start switching for different fights.

There is a handy Google Doc in the druid discord that has a suggested talent build for every fight in NH for a boomkin. It's quite handy. On our heroic fights I switch 4-5 times during the raid due to what type of fight it is. Star Argur and Krosus are only fights she should be going a straight ST build. All others a form of AoE build is always better

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    There is a handy Google Doc in the druid discord that has a suggested talent build for every fight in NH for a boomkin. It's quite handy. On our heroic fights I switch 4-5 times during the raid due to what type of fight it is. Star Argur and Krosus are only fights she should be going a straight ST build. All others a form of AoE build is always better
    If you're not going straight ST on anomaly (heroic) and trilliax, you're probably doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    If you're not going straight ST on anomaly (heroic) and trilliax, you're probably doing something wrong.
    You're right, I forgot to add Trilliax. I go a semi hybrid on anomaly bc I have to help burn adds

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    You're right, I forgot to add Trilliax. I go a semi hybrid on anomaly bc I have to help burn adds
    Have your group only do one set of adds and just not interrupt the boss and burn it down. Most groups do it this way now I assume unless you're still progressing through heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Have your group only do one set of adds and just not interrupt the boss and burn it down. Most groups do it this way now I assume unless you're still progressing through heroic.
    Nah we have him on farm, typically how we do it. I guess you have a point, probably still no point in not going ST on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an example of a pretty decent parsing log around 7:43 length fight, which is how longish it will be during your first kill. (Not my druid, random 896 ilevel druid from warcraftlogs.com) Don't look at logs which are shorter, they are farm kills and will have bloated HPS because of short length.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=8

They have a very decent LB uptime (86%), 23 clearcasting, 21 regrowth (pretty darn good conversion rate), 13 CW, 3 Innervates, 3 Ghanir, 5 PoTA.
    Pretty impressive log - 669K HPS.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2017-02-28 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Fixed Typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Here's an example of a pretty decent parsing log around 7:43 length fight, which is how longish it will be during your first kill. (Not my druid, random 896 ilevel druid from warcraftlogs.com) Don't look at logs which are shorter, they are farm kills and will have bloated HPS because of short length.

They have a very decent LB uptime (86%), 23 clearcasting, 21 regrowth (pretty darn good conversion rate), 13 CW, 3 Innervates, 3 Ghanir, 5 PoTA.
    Pretty impressive log - 669K HPS.
    I find it very difficult to asses if im in the low percentile of my ilvl because I am making mistakes or because my group is good at avoiding damage and the other healers are on their game too. Like this guy is in the top percentile for spellblade but that could be as a result of people taking a bunch of unnecessary damage. Like for example in this Tic fight last night I was WAY low in the percentile for my ilvl but there was just little to no damage going out on the raid. Everyone avoided the echos perfectly and the tanks were really good.
    (k so apparently I can't post links yet, just search Pax Republica in Warcraft logs we are a guild on Dalaran)
    idk take a look at my other logs from last night please and see if you think I am actually making big mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battalrin View Post
    I find it very difficult to asses if im in the low percentile of my ilvl because I am making mistakes or because my group is good at avoiding damage and the other healers are on their game too. Like this guy is in the top percentile for spellblade but that could be as a result of people taking a bunch of unnecessary damage. Like for example in this Tic fight last night I was WAY low in the percentile for my ilvl but there was just little to no damage going out on the raid. Everyone avoided the echos perfectly and the tanks were really good.
    (k so apparently I can't post links yet, just search Pax Republica in Warcraft logs we are a guild on Dalaran)
    idk take a look at my other logs from last night please and see if you think I am actually making big mistakes.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=healing

Is this the log you are talking about? Normal mode logs are really no fun to look at when you outgear them. There's so little damage to heal. If you are Dwerva on the log, you did fine inspite of the 12 percentile overall with 40% overheal (your LB uptime is pretty solid). Consider asking your other healers to go DPS and solo healing next time for the challenge.

Honestly, best way to judge healers is always study logs on wipes and first kill/progression fights. Logs on farm kills really don't matter much. We have had healers who would deliberately stand in fire for a whole fight for a farm encounter just to pad healing meters to parse.

So always look at logs from progression kills which are of similar length (in time) and heal composition as yours. Healing comp matters a lot to overall throughput as a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

ya I am Dwerva, thanks for the explanation. Next time we do progression I will focus more on reading those logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylos View Post

So from what I noticed off the bat - your balance druid has an average uptime of 79% and 78% on her Sunfire and Moonfire respectively. You'd like for them to aim for around 98-99. Already there a huge amount of damage is lost.

Over the course of 6 wipes they only cast 7 Starfalls. That's just over 1 per wipe. That seems a little low.

They also seem to be running pure single target talents. Which, honestly is fine if you have enough aoe that damage on Spellblade Alluriel is the main concern. That said, if they ARE single targeting, their uptime on the Emerald Dreamcatcher buff is VERY low at an average of 21%. You want to aim for anywhere around 35%+ and up if running aoe talents and 60+% otherwise. Does she have a Weakaura to track the buff? They absolutely should. Also his haste is probably a little low to be effectively maintaining the ED buff. If you want I have a really good Weakaura to track the ED buff and I also have one that dynamically tracts my haste percentage which is HUGE.

The should be running a hybrid spec but keeping Starlord so they can aoe hard when needed but still pump out amazing single target damage. Especially with the 4piece. Here is my log from our first mythic kill. I only clocked a moderate 840kdps (which overall put me in the 55th percentile) BUT if you go to the rankings tab and look at boss damage I ranked 42nd overall for Moonkins. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical -- So she really needs to take advantage of that Starlord talent and the synergy it has with our 4piece and her helm.

Talents should be Stellar Drift, Shooting Stars, Soul of the Forest, Starlord.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask! I will help as best I can. Add my btag if you'd like Girthmonster#1724 -- I also stream regularly if she wants to watch and see how I do my rotation or damage things.