Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Obama developing the plan is utterly irrelevant, as Obama didn't give it the go ahead and didn't jeaporidze any lives. Trump was the one who carried it out, and in doing so American and civilian lives were lost.

I also find it difficult to believe that Trump could have adequately assessed and modified as-necessary a crack military operation in less than a week. Which very much leads me to believe it was indeed a rush job. If the plan was faulty from the beginning due in any part to Obama, it was TRUMP'S impetus to have investigated the plan and fixed said issues, thrown out the plan and constructed a new one, or simply not gone ahead with it. The buck stops with Trump, not Obama, and Trump's initiation of the plan with less than a week of time spent in office cost people their lives.
    Trump relied on the military expertise of career military officers that were mainly put in place by Obama. He has not had time to reorganize the command military structure yet, but I can pretty much guarantee he won't rely on those particular officers any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    We are only copypasting because you claimed it had only the second definition
    No, i didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    If you had cared to read this thread, you would have seen where I posted that military officials from US Central Command (CENTCOM) told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.
    Perhaps he did, but do you really think the military command structure that advises him told him that the operation had insufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup? If you think this then this discussion is pointless. Those that create these operations are still left overs from the Obama admin as he's not had time to reorganize this high level command structure yet. They come to him with this operation and tell him that it's a great plan and trusts them and gives them a go. I'm pretty sure he won't be trusting this particular group of officers again any time soon.

This doesn't relieve him of responsibility because he is Commander in Chief and every death on his watch is his responsibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Trump relied on the military expertise of career military officers that were mainly put in place by Obama. He has not had time to reorganize the command military structure yet, but I can pretty much guarantee he won't rely on those particular officers any longer.
    I still fail to see how any of that is relevant, seeing as Trump was the final decider on whether or not this decision happened, and he gave it the go-ahead.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Seal commanders waited on a new moon for the cover of darkness. Do you all really think Trump ordered the Seals on a mission because "reasons"? The missions was planned under Obama but not launched till after Trump was in office. Neither really had any say in the matter.

There are people I truly hate but if my son's body was coming in and those people were there then I'd be there to receive him....the people I hate would get a big fuck you as I walked by.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Perhaps he did, but do you really think the military command structure that advises him told him that the operation had insufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup? If you think this then this discussion is pointless. Those that create these operations are still left overs from the Obama admin as he's not had time to reorganize this high level command structure yet. They come to him with this operation and tell him that it's a great plan and trusts them and gives them a go. I'm pretty sure he won't be trusting this particular group of officers again any time soon.

This doesn't relieve him of responsibility because he is Commander in Chief and every death on his watch is his responsibility.
    He was told all these things beforehand. lmao

Not only that, but he took a cavalier attitude about the raid beforehand.

A U.S. official expressed concern that Trump made the decision over dinner. This should have been decided with rigorous debate in the Situation Room, the official said.
    http://www.npr.org/2017/02/10/514378...-not-so-simple

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Seal commanders waited on a new moon for the cover of darkness. Do you all really think Trump ordered the Seals on a mission because "reasons"? The missions was planned under Obama but not launched till after Trump was in office. Neither really had any say in the matter.

There are people I truly hate but if my son's body was coming in and those people were there then I'd be there to receive him....the people I hate would get a big fuck you as I walked by.
    Trump had to give the go ahead. He had the only "say" that mattered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    Did Obama ok the mission? moving on....
    He didn't okay the mission. Or else it would have went forward under him. Intel changes minute by minute, hour by hour. An operation plan that is good today very well won't be tomorrow. Those guys don't stay in one place too long. So any mission that was carried out was carried out on current intel. Not a month old intel. And current intel requires a different Operation. Trump has a very childlike mind. He wants what he wants now, and he wants to see results now. And that mentality can get people in trouble.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by seezer View Post
    he didn't okay the mission. Or else it would have went forward under him. Intel changes minute by minute, hour by hour. An operation plan that is good today very well won't be tomorrow. Those guys don't stay in one place too long. So any mission that was carried out was carried out on current intel. Not a month old intel. And current intel requires a different operation. Trump has a very childlike mind. He wants what he wants now, and he wants to see results now. And that mentality can get people in trouble.
    but obama. But obaaaama.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump approves a poorly planned raid over dinner, avoids the situation room, instead he tweets during the raid, gets a SEAL killed, the raid yields no intelligence.

He treats it like it's the greatest, most successful raid ever. Believe me!

What a loser. No amount of chest beating will make Trump's epically incompetent, deadly fuck up go away.
    Remember him bitching about Clinton "sleeping during Benghazi"?

7+ Year Old Account
    How many of you people really care about this only because of the letters T-R-U-M-P only? Typically most of you people could care less about any military person dying in a country that the USA shouldn't be bothered with being in anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, this was the first one approved by Trump.
    Nope. This was planned well in advance. You're right in that Trump could have prevented it with an order, but the assets had already been committed well before he took office.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    How many of you people really care about this only because of the letters T-R-U-M-P only? Typically most of you people could care less about any military person dying in a country that the USA shouldn't be bothered with being in anyway.
    You project.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, this was the first one approved by Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Nope. This was planned well in advance. You're right in that Trump could have prevented it with an order, but the assets had already been committed well before he took office.
    You literally agreed with him....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You project.
    Project? The first part is a question. The second part is an observation based on pre-cheeto era MMO-C.
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2017-02-28 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, any leader that would use an old plan for a current raid is incompetent. Intel changes day to day. And terrorists don't stay in one place very long. And a plan a few weeks old is obsolete. A good leader would know this. An operation is planned to the T. So Trump failed miserably if he used an obsolete mission plan.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The post you replied to was 100% correct. It was the first raid approved by Trump. Period. There was nothing to prevent. Obama instructed his people to prepare and plan for the raid, but it was never discussed as far as putting it in action, because it never got to that point. The reason putting it in action was never discussed was for the same reasons it failed, and why Trump is catching flak.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2017-02-28 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Again, any leader that would use an old plan for a current raid is incompetent. Intel changes day to day. And terrorists don't stay in one place very long. And a plan a few weeks old is obsolete. A good leader would know this. An operation is planned to the T. So Trump failed miserably if he used an obsolete mission plan.
    The claim that it was an Obama plan is heavily contested as well.

Armchair general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The post you replied to was 100% correct. It was the first raid approved by Trump. Period.
    He didn't "approve" it. It was approved by Obama. Trump simply let the operation go forward since assets had already been committed (by his predecessor). This sort of thing has happened before. Remember when "Obama killed Osama?" That was a Bush era policy and operation. Obama simply let it take place, since the assets had already been committed by his predecessor.

He didn't "approve" it. It was approved by Obama. Trump simply let the operation go forward since assets had already been committed (by his predecessor).
    Factually incorrect. Trump approved it. Don't be such a hack.

He didn't "approve" it. It was approved by Obama. Trump simply let the operation go forward since assets had already been committed (by his predecessor). This sort of thing has happened before. Remember when "Obama killed Osama?" That was a Bush era policy and operation. Obama simply let it take place, since the assets had already been committed by his predecessor.
    Wrong. It was never even discussed with Obama as far as "approving" it. He simply instructed them to plan and prepare for a possible raid.

And no, a President does not do things based on "assets being already committed". Unless they are stupid.