Classes/Specs that are latency friendly (Not Hunter!)

My fury warrior is at the limited of what I can achieve, so now I am looking forward to enjoy other classes.

I play in EU server from Hong Kong, my latency usually hangs ~300ms or more. So I can't really play a fast paced, "must react quickly to procs" class/spec without losing tons of dps.

I heard Outlaw Rogue and Frost DK are pretty similar to Fury Warrior, are there any other choices? Many thanks!

Deleted
    Elemental, if you play ascendance spec. Yes, you have a proc, but since you have 2 charges on lava burst, you can plan ahead. And the rest of the rotation is similar, it's all about managing your cooldowns and resources, so if you play carefully, you should not but at a disadvantage.

I play demo lock, and you are pretty much just planning ahead 2-3 spells all the time, you rarely have to react to anything. It also the tankiest spec so you dont have to react to mechanics right away, you can get away with taking a bit more than others, sometimes even just ignoring things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    I play demo lock, and you are pretty much just planning ahead 2-3 spells all the time, you rarely have to react to anything. It also the tankiest spec so you dont have to react to mechanics right away, you can get away with taking a bit more than others, sometimes even just ignoring things.
    demo is not a good spec for people with bad latency... i think your missing he has bad MS and if you are playing demo, with huge haste, latency messes you up BAD aswell as you need to time movement perfectly or mess up your rotation, and latency is def needed for that
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    demo is not a good spec for people with bad latency... i think your missing he has bad MS and if you are playing demo, with huge haste, latency messes you up BAD aswell as you need to time movement perfectly or mess up your rotation, and latency is def needed for that
    You do realize as a caster by default u can queue up the next spell 400ms ahead of time, and as long as u press the next spell .4 secs before the global or cast ends, the server will execute it seamlessly. Unless hes playing a spec with .75 gcd floor like s2m spriest and warrior, he will be fine with ANY caster that has a lot of casting times.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2017-02-28 at 03:20 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    You do realize as a caster by default u can queue up the next spell 400ms ahead of time, and as long as u press the next spell .4 secs before the global or cast ends, the server will execute it seamlessly. Unless hes playing a spec with .75 gcd floor like s2m spriest and warrior, he will be fine with ANY caster that has a lot of casting times.
    Wait...does that mean I've been playing a class that I simply have no way of playing optimally all the while

I actually like Shadow Priest (Mainly because of the talking Dagger). Is Legacy of the Void build less affected by my latency?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Wait...does that mean I've been playing a class that I simply have no way of playing optimally all the while

I actually like Shadow Priest (Mainly because of the talking Dagger). Is Legacy of the Void build less affected by my latency?
    The thing about shadow priest is how well u can master clipping mind flay with your latency. With 300ms you can actually clip a little earlier and the mindflay will still tick server side, but i really do not recommend shadow priest with 300ms. You are really better off with mage, boomy, warlock and elemental shaman. Mage is ALWAYS a safe choice.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2017-02-28 at 03:41 AM.

The thing about shadow priest is how well u can master clipping mind flay with your latency. With 300ms you can actually clip a little earlier and the mindflay will still tick server side, but i really do not recommend shadow priest with 300ms. You are really better off with mage, boomy, warlock and elemental shaman. Mage is ALWAYS a safe choice.
    Will Macros like /cast [nochanneling] mind flay; help?

7+ Year Old Account
    demo has a TON of haste... and im pretty sure has lower then a .75 gcd... i would have to check, 1 moment
    mine is 0.8 im pretty sure (without haste buffs) and again its not just the casting, also the thing about demo is that you cant just follow the rotation, you need to be ready for instant changes in your rotation from free dreadstalkers, procs, or movement required
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-28 at 04:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content