Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Being called "Elite" for asking for simple skills!!

Annoying thing happened today. I was doing a Trials of Valor LFR and after barely killing first boss we were running down the gauntlet towards the portal. I saw a Spiritrender about to die and asked for someone to dispel the buff so that it didn't come back to life. No one did, it came back and this happened on literally every single Spiritrender. I brought it up multiple times telling why to do such a thing and how it makes the run smoother and easier. All of sudden I got like 2 or 3 people calling me an "Elitist" and bragging how great I must think I am when I had done no such thing. I simply brought up a easy mechanic to make the run smoother and started getting yelled at because of it. I even brought up the fact that I was by no way an elitist as I wasn't nagging people for low dps numbers or low healing number, etc. Simply bringing up simple mechanics that should be known and if not known than should at least be followed when brought up. This literally went on all the way through the gauntlet, into the portal and all the way up to the second boss. We then proceeded to wipe on that boss due to the tanks facing the boss away from the raid for 2 breathes in a row. My whole point in this post is why do people call others "elitist" or call them out as rude for simply giving out information that would help the raid run? I mean at no point was I mean or putting a person down, I was simply bringing up information that helps in the run and was getting verbally attacked for it. I get that its LFR, so its simple. That being said there are still some mechanics in it, you can actually use it to mostly learn the fights for normal or higher difficulty, so why not do the proper thing and dispel when you're supposed to, stand in the breath and make sure to stand in the same one, etc. Instead of getting all defensive and hurt because someone is "telling you what to do"!!! You are in a raid, the group comes first, not the person, put you pride aside and do what you're supposed to do!! What are all your thoughts on this?!?!

Deleted
    Because LFR is filled with morons. Don't sweat it.

Turn your chat off when you're in LFR. You'll just lose brain cells by reading what those people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Turn your chat off when you're in LFR. You'll just lose brain cells by reading what those people are saying.
    Judging from the formatting of this post, it might be a bit late for that suggestion.

Well most of those are in LFR for a reason they dont know or dont care about stuff, no point in trying to fix every LFR grp, you just end up getting abused or kicked

10+ Year Old Account
    if you worry about what random idiots think about you, you're going to have a bad time.

also, at that point in the raid while pulling trash, you should tell them how you do the next boss on mythic with your guild, whether you have or not, and start feeding them some off the wall bullshit strat
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-02-28 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Judging from the formatting of this post, it might be a bit late for that suggestion.
    SuPeR EdGy BrO

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    also, at that point in the raid while pulling trash, you should tell them how you do the next boss on mythic with your guild, whether you have or not, and start feeding them some off the wall bullshit strat
    easy, i'd tell the entire raid they're retarded and you'd be dead within 30 seconds on mythic, 15 if it's helya.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And no, trash doesn't count. You'll never wipe to trash
    Have you done lfr before? Trash wipes happen all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    easy, i'd tell the entire raid they're retarded and you'd be dead within 30 seconds on mythic, 15 if it's helya.
    no no. for helya you have to at least tell them to pull the boss to the back of the room and stack or someshit

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is for being AFK.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It was probably the "multiple times" part. It's LFR, unless a group is wiping to a boss mechanic that can't be ignored, trying to pester people about it is not going to get you anywhere. It's LFR, worrying about trash mechanics is elitist for the content. Trash mechanics get ignored in some Mythic raiding groups even, it's trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I have, and trash wipes rarely if ever happen.

Trash mechanics can be handled by one person, if you have the right tools. As a shaman, I handle the dispels and interrupts. Usually more than enough to complete any trash pull without issue.
    I run full lfr on my 3 characters, and probably tally up a total of 10 wipes on each character, because of people overpulling. If you aren't wiping to trash, you're very lucky and the minority. Probably better not to make sweeping generalizations. You end up being wrong a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur with the comments regarding chat experience and believing the good (read: skills) senses which other players may or may not have in LFR.

Maybe it's because of personal experience, but unless you run a Jack of All Trades (this case: Priest; Mass Dispel), you can't expect the rest to follow through despite it being an extremely straightforward strategic (and clever, nonetheless) method to reduce the strain felt by the tanks and healers. Cake walk in LFR, but I still wonder as to why people want to make it unnecessarily to use a brain cell or two; maybe it's for the so-called "E-Peen", perhaps?
    And this regards normal even, as I've run it quite a few times (DH tanking), yet none dispel them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Annoying thing happened today. I was doing a Trials of Valor LFR and after barely killing first boss we were running down the gauntlet towards the portal. I saw a Spiritrender about to die and asked for someone to dispel the buff so that it didn't come back to life. No one did, it came back and this happened on literally every single Spiritrender. I brought it up multiple times
    Ah I can see it now. All the LOL's and the Noobs LFRetards and scrub comments and then coming to the forums acting like a victim after the hateful filled LFR noob rant you displayed in the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "life experience" you should get out of this is:

Its pointless trying to teach people anything in LFR.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Fun fact - in a crowd of 20 people asking "someone" to do something will end up with noone doing it.

Primary goal in LFR is to avoid doing any action which may make you stand out from the rest - especially as dps.

So no - I wouldn't have dispelled either, I value my time too much to risk being kicked for standing out.

I go in there and try and DPS around 7th or 8th (in LFR), don't pull stuff, don't stand in stuff and ABOVE ALL ELSE, don't do stuff outside the box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    The "life experience" you should get out of this is:
    Its pointless trying to teach people anything in LFR.
    Wrong message ... the correct message is .. don't ever do anything to draw attention to yourself, either +ve or -ve.

When I spend an hour getting into an LFR/LFD, with the risk of a deserter debuff if kicked and I'm spending hours in there as well - I treat it like a hostage situation.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

LFR players don't want your help. Think it like they are playing alone in their dream universe.

It is sad that blizzard put them in the same game with you. It won't help them or you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Annoying thing happened today. I was doing a Trials of Valor LFR and after barely killing first boss we were running down the gauntlet towards the portal. I saw a Spiritrender about to die and asked for someone to dispel the buff so that it didn't come back to life. No one did, it came back and this happened on literally every single Spiritrender. I brought it up multiple times telling why to do such a thing and how it makes the run smoother and easier. All of sudden I got like 2 or 3 people calling me an "Elitist" and bragging how great I must think I am when I had done no such thing. I simply brought up a easy mechanic to make the run smoother and started getting yelled at because of it. I even brought up the fact that I was by no way an elitist as I wasn't nagging people for low dps numbers or low healing number, etc. Simply bringing up simple mechanics that should be known and if not known than should at least be followed when brought up. This literally went on all the way through the gauntlet, into the portal and all the way up to the second boss. We then proceeded to wipe on that boss due to the tanks facing the boss away from the raid for 2 breathes in a row. My whole point in this post is why do people call others "elitist" or call them out as rude for simply giving out information that would help the raid run? I mean at no point was I mean or putting a person down, I was simply bringing up information that helps in the run and was getting verbally attacked for it. I get that its LFR, so its simple. That being said there are still some mechanics in it, you can actually use it to mostly learn the fights for normal or higher difficulty, so why not do the proper thing and dispel when you're supposed to, stand in the breath and make sure to stand in the same one, etc. Instead of getting all defensive and hurt because someone is "telling you what to do"!!! You are in a raid, the group comes first, not the person, put you pride aside and do what you're supposed to do!! What are all your thoughts on this?!?!
    dispeling doesnt provide you bonus on hps bar

and in world where only thing that matters is numbers on skada who would waste time to dispel in random group when he could add extra few globals of normal healing spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    LFR players don't want your help. Think it like they are playing alone in their dream universe.

It is sad that blizzard put them in the same game with you. It won't help them or you.
    and yet they have ton of fun while playing it and dont complain about stuff

clearly lfr is superior mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Wrong message ... the correct message is .. don't ever do anything to draw attention to yourself, either +ve or -ve.

When I spend an hour getting into an LFR/LFD, with the risk of a deserter debuff if kicked and I'm spending hours in there as well - I treat it like a hostage situation.
    this is very true though

first rule of lfd/lfr crowd is NEVER write anything in chat, preferably turn it off.

80% of time writing even a single sentence pointing out something obvious and true will get you kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whining about retards in LFR, lol

It's their home turf, what did you expect to find there?

Simply avoid LFR if you can't deal with such people.