Quote Originally Posted by Teca View Post
    Anyone know if the Switch will be backward compatible with Wii-U games like Mario Maker? I know it wont be physically but have they mentioned if it can be done via download?
    switch isnt backwards compatible with wiiu or 3ds in any way.

they might have 3ds vc but the switch likely isnt powerful enough to emulate a wiiu since it doesnt use the same architecture.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if the Switch will be backward compatible with Wii-U games like Mario Maker? I know it wont be physically but have they mentioned if it can be done via download?
    That'll be a no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not backwards compatible with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    "Oh god someone made/ported a cellphone game to a unit that have the Ability to play it, and it doesnt utilize the unit full out?! This totally invalidates the entire concept of the unit"

It's still a hybrid (or call it a handheld for that matter) console.

Some laptops have a touchscreen as well/"tablet hybridization" like the lenovo yoga, but it's still a laptop even though you can play candycrush with the touch functions.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone call Cnet and giantbomb, another console-breaking hardware failure have been discovered!
    Calm down there man. It was a joke. I just find it funny that they say it's primarily a home console when there's a handheld exclusive game for it already and not a console exclusive game.

Obviously it's a hybrid which is basically the only reason I give a shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    PICTURES]
    It looks like it would be easy to replace the batteries yourself if they blow out some day.

Just as a heads up, there will be an indies showcase in about an hour and fifteen minutes for NA, and a little less than two hours for Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool. Looks like Nintendo payed a lot to get a lot of firsts and exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Pretty cool. Looks like Nintendo payed a lot to get a lot of firsts and exclusives.
    First and exclusives? I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    First and exclusives? I'm confused.
    They had a dozen or so Indie games that are either coming first to Nintendo Switch, or exclusively to Nintendo Switch. All I believe this year. 2 or 3 that we didn't know about coming in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They had a dozen or so Indie games that are either coming first to Nintendo Switch, or exclusively to Nintendo Switch. All I believe this year. 2 or 3 that we didn't know about coming in March.
    Ah, haven't seen anything about that. I know they made some announcement about indies last week or something but I never got around to looking at it.

Indies looked interesting, but so many are timed exclusive. So I can just wait and get them on PS4.

Stardew Valley Multiplayer being timed console exclusive sucks. Hope its on ps4 when it releases in April, If not ill wait to pick it up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Indies looked interesting, but so many are timed exclusive. So I can just wait and get them on PS4.

Stardew Valley Multiplayer being timed console exclusive sucks. Hope its on ps4 when it releases in April, If not ill wait to pick it up.
    Said summer for Switch, and first for Switch, so it may not come to other platforms until late Summer or Fall. Still find it interesting that Nintendo is paying devs to have exclusives and firsts. Wish theyd do that more with AAA sized games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I am probably going to bite the bullet and pick up a switch at launch(if I can find one). Got a trip to Vegas coming up in a couple of weeks and BotW would be the perfect way to spend time on the 5+ hour flights.
    If you don't have one pre-ordered it isn't happening unless you get supremely lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    If you don't have one pre-ordered it isn't happening unless you get supremely lucky.
    Yeah, late April is probably the earliest you will find one. Maybe later.

the switch is sure winning popularity as a Indie platform.
    if the switch turns out to flop bigtime (though i dont expect it to), i can imagine it having a fate equivalent to the vitas fate as a Jrpg platform but with indie games instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    depends on country and region really.
    there's no shortage whatsoever in denmark/scandinavia in general when it comes to the switch.
    he could be lucky to grab one as a walk-in if he goes to a midnight event.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-28 at 06:29 PM.

as this video shows. the desync issue seems to vary and not affect everyone

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/statu...39901806280704
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, if Nintendo can announce 2 or 3 big games at E3 they will do well I think. Thinking a Pokemon Switch, Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime X, etc. One coming 2017 would also be neat.

- - - Updated - - -

Flipping Death looks interesting. Love the humor and art style.

stardew valley with multiplayer?

gimme

"summer 2017"

fffffuuuuuu

- - - Updated - - -

flipping death and stardew are the only ones that interest me. Yookah laylee reveal should have been a release date for the switch version. We already knew it was coming to the switch officially so.... I'm just going to 100% it on ps4 with trophys
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.