Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MW] Drape of Shame still bis?

Hey, i'm back from a 2 month break and decided to heal abit, icy-veins guide mentions Drape of Shame as BIS cloak even if its 50 ilvls behind, but i failed to find any MW in top guilds actually wearing one in armory.

Can someone clarify this for me? I have a 860 version and a legendary 910 WW cloak and wondering what to choose :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    Hey, i'm back from a 2 month break and decided to heal abit, icy-veins guide mentions Drape of Shame as BIS cloak even if its 50 ilvls behind, but i failed to find any MW in top guilds actually wearing one in armory.

Can someone clarify this for me? I have a 860 version and a legendary 910 WW cloak and wondering what to choose :P
    Don't know about the legendary, but drape at 855 is BIS till 905 ilevel. if you upgrade your cloak to 940 that would definitely be better.

No it is not always BIS.
    I just got in an argument on discord with someone about this because of all of the misinformation around it. It is not always BIS. I was in a situation where I had a 910 tier cloak with a socket and a 940 unison spaulders. I would have had to drop my unison spaulders and put in my 875 normal off tier shoulders to fill out my 4 piece and then put in my sephuz to fill out my legendary cap and then put in my drape of shame. People are saying even if it's a 100 ilvl difference it's still better, that's simply not true if you are having to swap out legendary power pieces... you need to look at your gear set as a whole. if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. listen to what feels right to you.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Alright, thanks for the answers, i guess i'll go with it untill i get a big 910+ upgrade or a situation like Buildapanda described. It feels silly to wear a WW legendary with agility enchant as MW anyway :P

@torjey the buff itself is usually worth between 2 & 3% of overall healing, which translates to between 820 & 1230 intellect. This will vary depending on how much crit you have, with lower levels of crit leaning towards the lower end of the spectrum.

Obviously that's in a vacuum, and the loss of the drape will change your overall stat weights as well, but I use that as a bit of a rule of thumb when trying to evaluate whether a new (much higher ilvl) cloak is better. I did a write up a while back indicating certain levels of crit needed to reach certain cutoffs with the cloak. Not sure if you're able to find that in my "latest posts". I don't post often.

Alright, thanks for the answers, i guess i'll go with it untill i get a big 910+ upgrade or a situation like Buildapanda described. It feels silly to wear a WW legendary with agility enchant as MW anyway :P
    200 Intellect is also the difference between an 855 cloak and a 880 cloak. So if you weren't going to enchant your WW legendary cloak, you're losing out on a pretty substantial source of power, even looking beyond the drape of shame passive.

Quote Originally Posted by badewaxter View Post
    @torjey the buff itself is usually worth between 2 & 3% of overall healing, which translates to between 820 & 1230 intellect. This will vary depending on how much crit you have, with lower levels of crit leaning towards the lower end of the spectrum.
    Isn't it better to look at it being worth 10% of your crit. I.e. if you have 30-40% crit on gear it's worth 1200-1600 crit rating in raw stats. Then it loses some value because crits have a higher chance to overheal than non-crits.

@Bonkura: I don't believe gaining ~10% crit is the same as gaining 10% effective healing on a crit. It's also worth noting that the passive buff is only increasing net crits by 5%. (2.1/2 = 1.05).

Deleted
    I was the Vet on Discord that Buildapanda was talking too. (Funnily enough he's been banned on the discord multiple times for trolling and other reasons) but that's not why i'm posting.

There are certain scenarios (Rare ones) where yes, dropping drape would be better, however, it would be a really weird and very uncommon scenario.

Drape for 99% of scenarios is BiS, and should be used over other cloaks - including 4set.

If you disagree, feel free to come onto Discord to discuss, or you can PM me on Discord - Miimí#1520.

The mistweaver 4pc is not strong enough to justify dropping the cloak. The cloak is worth any 920 ilvl cloaks.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The mistweaver 4pc is not strong enough to justify dropping the cloak. The cloak is worth any 920 ilvl cloaks.
    thats like saying a 920 ephemeral paradox is not worth equipping if your only legendary is unison spaulders and you have a 920 tier back piece and you would have to swap out your only other should tier was an 885 tier youd be cutting off your nose to spite your face, why would you not change up your play style a bit to go with the shitty rng you've been fed? instead of trying to pigeonhole yourself into a crappy half assed playstyle that is uncomfortable only works and admittedly the top 1% has admitted is only applicable for the top 1% of cutting edge guilds? Can't have it both ways buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    I was the Vet on Discord that Buildapanda was talking too. (Funnily enough he's been banned on the discord multiple times for trolling and other reasons) but that's not why i'm posting.

There are certain scenarios (Rare ones) where yes, dropping drape would be better, however, it would be a really weird and very uncommon scenario.

Drape for 99% of scenarios is BiS, and should be used over other cloaks - including 4set.

If you disagree, feel free to come onto Discord to discuss, or you can PM me on Discord - Miimí#1520.
    thats like saying a 920 ephemeral paradox is not worth equipping if your only legendary is unison spaulders and you have a 920 tier back piece and you would have to swap out your only other should tier was an 885 tier youd be cutting off your nose to spite your face, why would you not change up your play style a bit to go with the shitty rng you've been fed? instead of trying to pigeonhole yourself into a crappy half assed playstyle that is uncomfortable only works and admittedly the top 1% has admitted is only applicable for the top 1% of cutting edge guilds? Can't have it both ways buddy

and for full disclosure, I'm not banned for breaking any rules on discord, I'm banned because people don't like me because I do not adhere to the confines of online internet "meme" culture. If you can direct me to a direct rule I've broken that is in direct consequence to something I've done that was not me responding to a grievance then you have nothing to say.(note to moderators: I am responding to a direct accusation in public view because I was attacked first)
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-02-23 at 10:05 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    You were banned for being a troll and a detriment to the community (From my understanding being a vet).

Also, your arguement about Ephemeral Paradox is ??? How does a shitty trinket even come into this discussion.

I agreed with you that there are very specific scenario's where yes, dropping drape 'would' be better, however you'd have to be in a really retarded setting with your gear to be in that situation (being boosted is the most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    You were banned for being a troll and a detriment to the community (From my understanding being a vet).

Also, your arguement about Ephemeral Paradox is ??? How does a shitty trinket even come into this discussion.

I agreed with you that there are very specific scenario's where yes, dropping drape 'would' be better, however you'd have to be in a really retarded setting with your gear to be in that situation (being boosted is the most likely)
    http://imgur.com/a/wJNzc Well with your advice i'm have to drop unison spaulders for sephuz secret. unison spaulders on average does 3.7% of my healing if not more, is drape of shame doing that much of my healing plus the 60+ ilvl of int that i'm losing? Quite frankly i think you are attacking me and inciting flaming by insisting I am boosting because this is a very obvious example that I am showing where there is a very poor example of RNG where I have a very good cloak, but very poor legendaries.
    Mistweaver Monk |

7.5% or more of healing done with SooM? That sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    7.5% or more of healing done with SooM? That sounds cool.
    it's a good legendary, especially when you are running on fumes. It's one of the reasons I love it along with ephmeral paradox, get a few of those procs from ephmeral and channel your unison spaulders and you are back in business in no time
    Mistweaver Monk |

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    You don't HAVE to, but the cloak is really good and will most likely be replaced only by a Lower Karazhan Mythic+ Drape of Shame. That being said of course legendaries might block you from using it, just like holy priests with their legendary cloaks won't use it.

What you're describing is a problem with the cloak, it's too good for its ilvl just like the Arcanocrystal. The Arcanocrystal problem will solve itself with ToS, but the Kara cloak unless they decide to nerf it for mythic+ you're doomed to farm it until the end of the xpac.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    If I was in your situation i'd use Sephuz over Unison because Sephuz provides 2.6k crit and a 200 Int gem socket - and this way you get a better 4set and overall better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    it's a good legendary, especially when you are running on fumes. It's one of the reasons I love it along with ephmeral paradox, get a few of those procs from ephmeral and channel your unison spaulders and you are back in business in no time
    Well i'd rather chose legendary and trinkets to do the most healing when spending mana (or not: mana tea/innervate) rather than be able to do okish healing with no mana once i burned it all doing lower healing in the first place.

That been said my 4 legendary up to date are chest, shoulders, belt and sephuz, gotta love rng.

I was extremely excited that I got an 875 Warforged DoS last night from my weekly chest...until I realized I was on my mage :O

I don't even understand why it dropped for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brewclaw View Post
    I was extremely excited that I got an 875 Warforged DoS last night from my weekly chest...until I realized I was on my mage :O

I don't even understand why it dropped for her.
    Cauterizing heal crits, my bro.

So how is DoS now? I had an 865 I put in my bank after the 5% nerf. I don't know if it's worth using now. I have a 900 set piece and 905 back up.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama