Transmute: Legendary

A possibility to fix the Legendary conundrum is to allow Alchemists to transmute Legendaries into another Legendary. You would trade a Alchemist the mats, pay him gold then pop your Legendary in the 'Will Not Be Traded' slot, and he will transmute it for you.

Rules regarding the transmute could be it can't transmute into the same Legendary, it remembers each Legendary it used to be, the new Legendary looks at your current loot spec to determine the pool you can get. Here's the kicker, the Alchemist can proc off this transmute randomly giving the player a choice of 3 Legendaries to choose from.

Other ideas for ways to buff Professions is also to introduce recipes for Professions to care about Legendaries. Such as Enchanters can make Enchant Legendary, JCs can make Legendary gems for Legendaries, LW,Tailors,BS,JCs can make sockets for Legendaries. Making professions far more lucrative and relevant in Legion.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea, however the biggest issue is that the mats for this process would need to extortionately expensive, both in raw cost and in time needed to acquire them, otherwise you go out and farm a whole bunch, find an alchemist with the recipe, trade over the mats and be like "hey buddy, do it a few dozen times until i get the one(s) i want please here's 50k gold tip for ya if i get the right ones" scenario.

Deleted
    Too much power to one profession (that is already incredibly profitable). Make it so that every profession can "transmute" the relevant class of gear (tailors reroll cloth legendaries, leatherworking for leather & mail etc).
    I kinda like this idea tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    Too much power to one profession (that is already incredibly profitable). Make it so that every profession can "transmute" the relevant class of gear (tailors reroll cloth legendaries, leatherworking for leather & mail etc).
    I kinda like this idea tbh.
    But you missed my second part, where the other profs can socket, enchant, gem Legendaries. When you have many Legendaries and need to socket,enchant,gem them all then it's bound to be real lucrative for the other profs.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. All silly ideas.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    A possibility to fix the Legendary conundrum is to allow Alchemists to transmute Legendaries into another Legendary. You would trade a Alchemist the mats, pay him gold then pop your Legendary in the 'Will Not Be Traded' slot, and he will transmute it for you.

Rules regarding the transmute could be it can't transmute into the same Legendary, it remembers each Legendary it used to be, the new Legendary looks at your current loot spec to determine the pool you can get. Here's the kicker, the Alchemist can proc off this transmute randomly giving the player a choice of 3 Legendaries to choose from.

Other ideas for ways to buff Professions is also to introduce recipes for Professions to care about Legendaries. Such as Enchanters can make Enchant Legendary, JCs can make Legendary gems for Legendaries, LW,Tailors,BS,JCs can make sockets for Legendaries. Making professions far more lucrative and relevant in Legion.
    There're challenges to the Legendary system, but your proposed solution assumes that legendaries are prominent feature, and a lot of others assume this, too.
    It's been treated the same way it's been the entire expansion so far - a bonus on top of existing systems. IMO nothing needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    There're challenges to the Legendary system, but your proposed solution assumes that legendaries are prominent feature, and a lot of others assume this, too.
    It's been treated the same way it's been the entire expansion so far - a bonus on top of existing systems. IMO nothing needs to be done.
    I do not agree with that sentiment, as many classes are designed around having their Legendary to feel smooth. They improve the gameplay so much that they should be baseline. If they were just a cherry on top of a wonderful cake or something, no one would care. But not having Legendaries is like eating a cake without frosting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I do not agree with that sentiment, as many classes are designed around having their Legendary to feel smooth. They improve the gameplay so much that they should be baseline. If they were just a cherry on top of a wonderful cake or something, no one would care. But not having Legendaries is like eating a cake without frosting.
    That's a problem of class design, though, not of the legendaries themselves. Fix should be with the class, not the legendary.

And no, Alchemy does not need ANOTHER great feature. It's already far too powerful with far too many perks and profit potential. No other profession in WoW at the moment even comes close to its benefits, especially not the crafting ones (Tailor, LW, Smith).