Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That same logic applies to every other American.
    Not claiming otherwise. Here let me save us three pages of circular arguing that you're so fond of. Yes I will be outraged when the nazi's attack "my side", no I don't have any tears to spare for "their side", yes everyone should face the consequences for breaking the law and assaulting someone, even "my side". kk all good

neonazi lives matter... :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Yet you're someone who defies their country as "white country".
    GTFO with that bullshit hahaha
    Where did I write that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Ye... no.

Alll Nazis deserve death.

- - - Updated - - -

Or file a report to the police if they start to talk about wanting to gas the jews.
    Where are your arguments for wishing death upon people? Are you a misguided illogical being?

As the article says in this case they did file a report and the police decided everything was fine and let the guy keep handing out pamphlets.
    The criminal is the masked person.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Ideas is where it starts, so it's not definitely just ideas. The crimes committed by the WW2 Nazi party didn't just pop out of thin air. It started from ideas of a few, and gained support from the populace.

And yes, I do see the irony in my stance, way before you pointed it out. Protecting freedom sounds good and all until those freedoms are stripped away by the evil it allowed to fester.
    Well if you realize why it's a bad idea there's not much more to do here. I'll continue to support applying standards equally, as that is why we have as free and safe of a society as we do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Well if you realize why it's a bad idea there's not much more to do here. I'll continue to support applying standards equally, as that is why we have as free and safe of a society as we do now.
    My recognition of the irony does not mean I think it's a bad idea. The only bad idea here is let hate grow in the name of freedom. It sounds noble and appeals to emotion, when history has shown how badly it escalated. A society that allows hate to grow will only stay safe and free until the majority embraces that hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It's shunned and they're allowed to kick you out, but you won't get arrested for shouting that specific thing.

It is a harmless disagreement. Because no one is being hurt, and your rights aren't being violated. There are laws that protect the Nazi just as much as they protect you.
    This person preaches ideas rooted in violating the freedom of others. There is nothing inherently anti-freedom to stop him from doing it.

It only seems like harmless disagreement now because the ideas are not mainstream. No one is being hurt now, or have their rights violated is because the people who would have no means to accomplish that.

My recognition of the irony does not mean I think it's a bad idea. The only bad idea here is let hate grow in the name of freedom. It sounds noble and appeals to emotion, when history has shown how badly it escalated. A society that allows hate to grow will only stay safe and free until the majority embraces that hate.
    The emotional argument is "he's a nazi so anything goes!"

The logical argument is realizing that if you make it okay to assault people for their ideas, it will eventually come back to you. It's really simple, look at areas of the world where violence is what dictates society.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Where did I write that?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post38974467
    There it is.
    INb4 "It was sarcasm", "I didn't mean it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

At one point, they'll start shooting back. Then it won't be just shits and giggles. I've been saying this for a while. Once you normalise use of violence, you make any attempt at debate obsolete. But that is a two-way street, if you're not willing to persuade your opponent using arguments, why should they?

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    At one point, they'll start shooting back. Then it won't be just shits and giggles. I've been saying this for a while. Once you normalise use of violence, you make any attempt at debate obsolete. But that is a two-way street, if you're not willing to persuade your opponent using arguments, why should they?
    Color me skeptical, but I don't think 'you're a lesser human' is actually an attempt at persuasive argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Color me skeptical, but I don't think 'you're a lesser human' is actually an attempt at persuasive argument.
    Then so much easier for you to showcase the weakness and stupidity of their arguments for the world to see. Bad argument was never a valid reason to beat someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You do understand we're talking about Nazi's, right?
    Perhaps you should use Google or put on the tv to understand why you don't debate with them.
    You sure you want that? Last I checked, they were much better at exacting violence over those they found "objectionable". Just out of my head Crystal Night, and Night of the Long Knives come to mind. But be my guest, go ahead and punch people because you find their views not to your liking. I'd really like to see for how long you get to do it.

One of the pillars of our civilisation is the non-aggression principle. But you suggest you know better, and that it's completely fine to punch "nazis" because of their views. Good luck with that, it's not like something like this would be a double-edges sword that will sooner rather than later turn against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    So how do you think a discussion with a nazi looks like

Nazi: all ''ABC'' should be deported, hanged or put into ghetto's and segregated and should be kept down

Decent person: No they shouldn't ''insert argument that should be common sense and decency''

Nazi: I don't care

Also as proven by all of these hate-crimes (coming from the FBI) they don't care about law themselves
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-02-28 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If you wait until the "debate" phase in the rise of fascism is over you're already fucked. "Never again" doesn't mean waiting until people are goose stepping in front of the President. Proportional preemptive response is justified.

You think violence is never justified?
    Proportional to handing out leaflets isn't punching people...

You realize they wont rise to power by spouting hate speech. That's not how the Nazi Party took power in Germany. They took power because they promised to make their currency worth something again and get people into jobs. When they took power, it took a wheelbarrow of German currency to buy a loaf of bread.

More importantly, if we start, as a society say it's okay to punch people you disagree with, where does it end? It starts with Nazi's, then what? Because we're seeing a rise of special snowflakes who start groups called 'by any means necessary' who fight anyone they disagree with because they believe tolerance means agreeing with them.
    Last edited by gcsmith; 2017-02-28 at 10:41 AM.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post38974467
    There it is.
    INb4 "It was sarcasm", "I didn't mean it".
    It wasn't, I do live in a white country. The indigenous inhabitants of my country are Caucasian.
    I live in a University City, so there are a lot of young foreigners, which is natural here.
    I still don't see how this is relevant to my post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Proportional to handing out leaflets isn't punching people...

You realize they wont rise to power by spouting hate speech. That's not how the Nazi Party took power in Germany. They took power because they promised to make their currency worth something again and get people into jobs. When they took power, it took a wheelbarrow of German currency to buy a loaf of bread.
    "Make Germany great again" And the scary part is that we keep seeing spin-offs of this ill begotten concept.

More importantly, if we start, as a society say it's okay to punch people you disagree with, where does it end? It starts with Nazi's, then what? Because we're seeing a rise of special snowflakes who start groups called 'by any means necessary' who fight anyone they disagree with because they believe tolerance means agreeing with them.
    Exactly this, in the end all you end up with is people shooting each other because one person doesn't like blue as much as the other one does. I know this is an hyperbole but the whole idea of "might makes right" is really toxic to society. Idea's should be discussed openly, this goes for all of them, especially the shitty ones. Only in an open discussion can shitty idea's like Nazism be addressed properly, take away the fear that Nazism brings with education on the subjects.

When you start punching people in the face the only thing you do is start polarizing the situation, this will only lead to people keeping it to them selves and allow it to fester into its maximum toxicity before anything is addressed. Put it up in the open, put a spotlight on it and discus how to best handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    "Make Germany great again" And the scary part is that we keep seeing spin-offs of this ill begotten concept.

Exactly this, in the end all you end up with is people shooting each other because one person doesn't like blue as much as the other one does. I know this is an hyperbole but the whole idea of "might makes right" is really toxic to society. Idea's should be discussed openly, this goes for all of them, especially the shitty ones. Only in an open discussion can shitty idea's like Nazism be addressed properly, take away the fear that Nazism brings with education on the subjects.

When you start punching people in the face the only thing you do is start polarizing the situation, this will only lead to people keeping it to them selves and allow it to fester into its maximum toxicity before anything is addressed. Put it up in the open, put a spotlight on it and discus how to best handle the situation.
    Indeed, also, if you give people the right to punch (or worse) people who have a different opinion to the majority, what happens when you yourself become the minority as society changes, then you just gave people the power/right to punch you.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, this was done by a member of the "black bloc"? Good to know! I hope you're providing the details that you apparently know to the local law enforcement so that they can apprehend and question this individual. Good sleuthing!

On topic - I'm glad to see punching Nazi's in the face is making quite a comeback this year!
    Yaay a moderator who is promoting violence towards other people. How fucking great is this shit, just brilliant.

Let's show people how much better we are than them, by punching them in the face

Logic of an idiot

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-02 at 03:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Indeed, also, if you give people the right to punch (or worse) people who have a different opinion to the majority, what happens when you yourself become the minority as society changes, then you just gave people the power/right to punch you.
    That would suck indeed, specially if these people only have their strength matched by their stupidity, nothing is worse then having stupid people decide the faith of you and your family's future.

In the end i would like to have the concept of "reason" to be the main factor in deciding the finer things, but we are far from that at this time. More often then not might does make right, might in this case would be money. Monetary incentives often trump things as the health of the local people/workers or nature in general, even though we know this to be a very destructive practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    It wasn't, I do live in a white country. The indigenous inhabitants of my country are Caucasian.
    I live in a University City, so there are a lot of young foreigners, which is natural here.
    I still don't see how this is relevant to my post.
    Sometimes it's very hard to understand others, especially when you see statements as:
    The basic principle of Nazism / Fascism is not bad in my point of view.
    and
    I live in a white country.
    I mean... c'mon. What kind of a picture you get from this?
    And 2017, referring to a "white country", it's like confronting people by saying "what's up ape?" And while collecting your teeth you can rant "BUT WE ALL EVOLVED FROM APES HURRDURR"
    Don't be so dull man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    On topic - I'm glad to see punching Jews in the face is making quite a comeback this year!
    Wonder if your biases can let you can see how similar you are to Nazis.

Guessing you'll just deflect with some piss poor "logic" saying "Nazis have dangerous ideas" or some shit. Do you know who thought Jews had dangerous ideas?

Morally, you're no better than a Nazi. Congratulations.

This person preaches ideas rooted in violating the freedom of others. There is nothing inherently anti-freedom to stop him from doing it.

It only seems like harmless disagreement now because the ideas are not mainstream. No one is being hurt now, or have their rights violated is because the people who would have no means to accomplish that.
    You're promoting violating the freedom of others... You are no better than he is. Stopping people from doing anything makes them not a free individual. Jesus you fail so fucking hard at basic logic.

It seems harmless now because words are harmless. When he starts physically doing shit I'll fight him with you. Just because something is mainstream doesn't mean they have the power to do anything that goes against your basic rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Sometimes it's very hard to understand others, especially when you see statements as:

and

I mean... c'mon. What kind of a picture you get from this?
    And 2017, referring to a "white country", it's like confronting people by saying "what's up ape?" And while collecting your teeth you can rant "BUT WE ALL EVOLVED FROM APES HURRDURR"
    Don't be so dull man.
    Things is, that you are the one who loads my sentences with negative meaning.
    How would you describe a country where over 90% of the population is Caucasian?

Anyway this is off topic, I have nothing new to add to this thread.