3 3.33%

2 2.22%

1 1.11%

7 7.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Sayeth what? There's no place for such mortal trifles in Lord and Savior Kerrilldan, Our Salvation, Blessed (S)he May Be's heart. Only the content of Tyrande's panties Azeroth occupies that spot.
    But what if Azeroth is Tyrande's vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Is there a joke I am not getting here?
    Not sure why you're asking me this. Sons of Lothar are obviously no joke and each and every member of that group is the bestest character evar just because of their membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

True dat. The "These mortals in their ignorance... They've come to destroy their own salvation." when referring to himself as said salvation is pretty much the antithesis of a holier-than-thou character.
    People who think like that exist in real world. I bet we all sometimes felt like we are the "special one" and are destined for sometihing great until reality slaped us in the face. That kind of mindset (hero complex) I find more realistic than for example Malfurion the avatar of self righteousness.

I am not native English speaker so maybe I missused holier-than-thou I meant that jerks who think they're world's salvation are more realistic than for example Uther, the guy who never loses his faith and is always honorable and righteous no matter how big a tragedy he's facing.

Deleted
    Not sure why you're asking me this. Sons of Lothar are obviously no joke and each and every member of that group is the bestest character evar just because of their membership.
    Huh? I would hardly call Danath, Alleria, Kurdran and Auric (if he even counts) 'bestest' characters. The faction itself is my personal favorite, and I like all its members by extension, but the only two Sons of Lothar that I would rate high are Khadgar and Turalyon, and I would vote 10 for each without hesitation.

I would rate the others highly there as well due to their affiliation as a result, but that would be more about the fact that there is no criteria to rate the characters in this game; the player sets their own criteria and that has always been the case.

Case in point: I rated Khadgar 10, twice. Kurdran 9, and Alleria 6. That was purely based on personal preference; if I want to rate them objectively, I would still rate Khadgar 10, Kurdran 5, and Alleria ... maybe 6.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2017-02-28 at 02:47 PM.

Huh? I would hardly call Danath, Alleria, Kurdran and Auric (if he even counts) 'bestest' characters. The faction itself is my personal favorite, and I like all its members by extension, but the only two Sons of Lothar that I would rate high are Khadgar and Turalyon, and I would vote 10 for each without hesitation.
    That's because you don't know any better. I mean, Kurdran? Come on, that guy is a legend. Him getting captured is one of the most significant story developments in all of Warcraft. And take this guy as an example: http://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Elf_Ranger Instant 12/10 at least.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-28 at 02:51 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

@Mehrunes, your meme levels are so advanced they're passing right over @Archmage Kalec's head

Deleted
    That's because you don't know any better. Take this guy as an example: http://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Elf_Ranger Instant 12/10 at least.
    No, that guy was a douchebag. He's 5/10 at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    @Mehrunes, your meme levels are so advanced they're passing right over @Archmage Kalec's head
    wat

/10char

Deleted
    I really doubt there will be a Season 3. We don't have enough relevant characters left to run a full season.
    You can still do revotes for important characters every month or shorter/longer periods.But then again its up to you and community if they/you wanna countinue it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    You can still do revotes for important characters every month or shorter/longer periods.But then again its up to you and community if they/you wanna countinue it.
    Mrrh. We will see. There is a weapons game some months after this though; we'll pick (by nomination) like 50 - 100 memorable iconic weapons or with backgrounds and go for it. We'll see.

That's because you don't know any better. I mean, Kurdran? Come on, that guy is a legend. Him getting captured is one of the most significant story developments in all of Warcraft. And take this guy as an example: http://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Elf_Ranger Instant 12/10 at least.
    I don't think that being a well written or developed character has anything to do with how you're supposed to rate them in this game, otherwise I would have rated a lot of characters lower than I did so far. When I asked Kalec about it the very first day of this season, he told me he rates based on his "feelings" towards the character, so I adopted the method because it felt appealing to me.

If that's how you want to rate though, I think you can. There's no rule against that, so more power to you.
    Last edited by Starshade; 2017-02-28 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshade View Post
    I don't think that being a well written or developed character has anything to do with how you're supposed to rate them in this games, otherwise I would have rated a lot of characters lower than I did so far. When I asked Kalec about it this season, he told me he rate based on his 'feelings' towards the character, so I adopted the method because it felt appealing to me.

If that's how you want to rate though, I think you can. There's no rule against that, so more power to you.
    Nothing in that post says anything about rating characters on how they are written, let alone solely on that. I mean, merely yesterday I voted Moron Zhu 1/10 because of how repelling I find him despite noting he's written in somewhat believable way...

wat
    Yes indeed

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    EHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I cant decide If I hate this character at this point or think hes ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Nothing in that post says anything about rating characters on how they are written, let alone solely on that. I mean, merely yesterday I voted Moron Zhu 1/10 because of how repelling I find him despite noting he's written in somewhat believable way...
    This is the part in your post that I got the impression you were under that impression. You were trolling and it went over Kalec's head, but that's what it implies:

I mean, Kurdran? Come on, that guy is a legend. Him getting captured is one of the most significant story developments in all of Warcraft.
    You specifically mentioned the significant development he had, albeit satirically.

That said, in my eyes, if you rate "Moron Zhu" 1, who I personally rated 8 I think, because you loath him, then that's a fair notion.

7+ Year Old Account
    10/10.

My rating has gone up based on how much he annoys some people now. My actual feelings for the character have stayed the same.

Xe'ra can die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    My rating has gone up based on how much he annoys some people now.
    x)

Another example of how one rates characters in this game, me thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes indeed
    Having been close to Kalec recently, he's either playing along or it honest to goodness went over his head. I've seen both happen in different occasions when we were talking.

Either way, it's funny when it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It is difficult to rate Illidan apart from the baleful influence (in my personal view) Xe'ra has had on his character - but if I were to separate the two characters entirely the I would give Illidan high marks for being believable, engaging, and realistically flawed. I think a lot of people tend to rate things based solely on their visceral reactions to characters on an emotional level - forgetting that if a character can truly prompt those emotions then they are a well written and finely crafted example. My personal approach is to rate the character both subjectively (my enjoyment of their personality, actions, and in-game story) and objectively (their worth as a character, the way they're written, etc.) and take a rough average of the two.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Having been close to Kalec recently, he's either playing along or it honest to goodness went over his head. I've seen both happen in different occasions when we were talking.

Either way, it's funny when it happens.
    Oh I've seen him play along. I do not believe that was the case this time

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My personal approach is to rate the character both subjectively (my enjoyment of their personality, actions, and in-game story) and objectively (their worth as a character, the way they're written, etc.) and take a rough average of the two.
    I think that's a very decent method personally.

Oh I've seen him play along. I do not believe that was the case this time
    Then all I have to say is that, if you're correct, and considering that our roles are usually reversed when it comes to pointing things out to the other, I find it both funny and a reason to be proud that I've caught on something he didn't.

Maybe I should torment him about it when I get home.

Deleted
    it went over Kalec's head, .
    Yes indeed
    Nothing goes over my head. I have quick reflexes; I would catch it.