Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    We should be seeing 1060ti and 1080ti from Nvidia.

And at least 580 & 590 from AMD, though it's likely we will also see replacement for the Furies.
    Right i knew about 1080ti but thats way out of my price range, is the 1060ti confirmed? That id be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Right i knew about 1080ti but thats way out of my price range, is the 1060ti confirmed? That id be interested in.
    It's a rumor still, but it would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a rumor still, but it would make sense.
    It's basically confirmed and should be announced tomorrow at the event.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    It's basically confirmed and should be announced tomorrow at the event.
    Hmm ive only heard one rumor about 1060ti i didnt buy much into it. If that is the case, ill just use my gtx 465 i got in the closet until the 1060ti comes out.

Not really.. They are arguing that, due to the way streaming works on popular platforms, using iGPU or GPU acceleration isn't optimal, which is true, hence the demo.

Now, was it a good demo.. Nope, not really. They didn't relay their message well enough to the people watching at home, just told the people there, who failed to stress it in their reviews/previews.
    Doesnt mean that not using APU or GPU for encoding would change much for DOTA 2. It would for some heavy games streamed with a very high bitrate (or let's say 4K), but surely not DOTA 2.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Isnt the only release coming the rx 580 or whatever? Im looking more in the 200 dollar range, a gtx 1060 is double the performance of my 760 already, dont really wanna spend 4-500 on a GPU.
    The new line up for amd might only be the high performance gpu's with the new chip. So probably be around 300 dollar or higher.
    The lower performance gpu's might even be the old chipset, this is still unknown.
    While the waiting can be endless amd lineup for gpu and cpu are looking really promising with having competitive gpu for high market since a long time which could result in some shifts bang for your buck.

But i think you need to do some investigating. Your willing to pay for a 330+ dollar cpu but not a more expensive gpu.
    For gaming your better getting a little cheaper cpu and than go for a 350-450 dollar gpu (dont buy a gpu with stock cooler always with a custom one).

Because of the nature of this forum i do have to mention that blizzard games tends to be more cpu focused but I dont know if their games will be able to use that many cores effectively and still i think you should focus more on a good gpu.

Maybe see how good your current i5 cpu holds up as the performance increase of cpu's in the past few years havn't been large. Maybe AMD is forcing huge improvements again.

I don't play many GPU intensive titles, a midrange GPU is enough for me. I also fully realize AMD isnt the best choice for older games like WoW, but it will still play fine and i like the value proposition AMD is offering for the 8 cores. But really it comes down to tax returns and i got the cash now to build lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm ive only heard one rumor about 1060ti i didnt buy much into it. If that is the case, ill just use my gtx 465 i got in the closet until the 1060ti comes out.
    I was referring to the 1080 Ti, I should have been specific.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I was referring to the 1080 Ti, I should have been specific.
    Ya, would be awesome if a 1060ti was coming too. A 300 dollar gpu would fit into my budget perfectly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, would be awesome if a 1060ti was coming too. A 300 dollar gpu would fit into my budget perfectly.
    Well, its a strong possibility, and priced under $300 is the speculation. Although we will find out tomorrow.

neither

wait for the 1600X

All this talk about streaming and playing a game at the same time. If you do this on a one PC setup then you are most likely not partnered with Twitch or you stream to Youtube with only your friends watching. If you stream on Twitch and isn't partnered then you are limited to 720p 30fps ~2.5k bit rate if you want people to be able to watch your stream. I know you are allowed to stream at a higher bit rate and 60 fps but because you aren't partnered then you won't have access to the quality setting or good servers meaning that people will get buffering on your stream. So with this in mind Intel have this technology called QuickSync. It will free up the CPU completely at a VERY slight quality cost on the newer versions. If you stream on an Intel CPU on a one PC setup then use QuickSync. The game will run smoother and the stream will look better. If you stream full time then get a second PC anyway.

Sorry for going off topic but that point has been brought up so many times in this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just as a sidenote:

Streaming using either QuickSync, nVidia ShadowPlay or AMD's DVR has so far always resulted in a (slightly) worse looking, more pixellated stream.
    CPU streaming is simply put better quality but comes at the cost of performance.

This is true across all platforms and that's what they are trying to convey that having a high core count CPU the impact to either frame drops or performance is minimized or even eliminated when using the CPU as the streaming encoder.

Now local recordings of QuickSync, ShadowPlay and DVR might be perfectly fine and almost indistinguishable from the CPU but when it comes to streaming those that want the highest quality overall let it go through the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Now local recordings of QuickSync, ShadowPlay and DVR might be perfectly fine and almost indistinguishable from the CPU but when it comes to streaming those that want the highest quality overall let it go through the CPU.
    But you won't ever get the highest possible quality unless you are partnered so at ~2500 bitrate the pros outweights the cons for QuickSync. Shadowplay or NVEC will still come at a cost that QuickSync simply doesn't have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    But you won't ever get the highest possible quality unless you are partnered so at ~2500 bitrate the pros outweights the cons for QuickSync.
    Irrelevant, streaming at 2500 Kbps with CPU encoding vs. 2500 Kbps with GPU encoding (that's what QuickSync is) results in the CPU encoding being a crispier less pixellated image because GPU encoding generally uses VBR as well instead of CBR but even if you set VBR for CPU it's noticeably sharper.

You can do 720p 60FPS at 2500 Kbps or 1080p 30FPS, both work on either but those that do get partnered and go for the highest quality possible generally use CPU encoding whether it's a separate rig to enjoy their gaming still or only their rig if all they do is host a talk show like Linus' WAN show.

Edit:
    Your second bit, which my reply with quote didn't get, is also mostly irrelevant.
    The difference is that ShadowPlay (which is NVENC) and AMD's DVR use the resources of the GPU you're currently using to play the game to also encode it where QuickSync uses the iGPU that (in 99% of the cases) you aren't using because you have a dGPU.
    They exact the same penalty, the difference is that you notice it less due to the fact you're not actually using the iGPU for anything.
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2017-02-28 at 02:41 PM.

Irrelevant, streaming at 2500 Kbps with CPU encoding vs. 2500 Kbps with GPU encoding (that's what QuickSync is) results in the CPU encoding being a crispier less pixellated image because GPU encoding generally uses VBR as well instead of CBR but even if you set VBR for CPU it's noticeably sharper.

You can do 720p 60FPS at 2500 Kbps or 1080p 30FPS, both work on either but those that do get partnered and go for the highest quality possible generally use CPU encoding whether it's a separate rig to enjoy their gaming still or only their rig if all they do is host a talk show like Linus' WAN show.

Edit:
    Your second bit, which my reply with quote didn't get, is also mostly irrelevant.
    The difference is that ShadowPlay (which is NVENC) and AMD's DVR use the resources of the GPU you're currently using to play the game to also encode it where QuickSync uses the iGPU that (in 99% of the cases) you aren't using because you have a dGPU.
    They exact the same penalty, the difference is that you notice it less due to the fact you're not actually using the iGPU for anything.
    You can, but his point was that since you are not partnered, your viewers will not have access to quality control. So if their end can not handle 1080p@30FPS, they do not have the option to turn it down to 720 and have to deal with buffering, so it's better to just do 720p@30 FPS since nearly all viewers can handle that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You can, but his point was that since you are not partnered, your viewers will not have access to quality control. So if their end can not handle 1080p@30FPS, they do not have the option to turn it down to 720 and have to deal with buffering, so it's better to just do 720p@30 FPS since nearly all viewers can handle that.
    Actually not his point, he's saying that "because you can't go beyond X quality anyway might as well use QuickSync/NVENC/AMD DVR to stream and have almost no impact" .. which is kinda correct.
    But it's still noticeable that CPU streaming is sharper comparatively even if the quality is "limited" on Twitch.

Actually not his point, he's saying that "because you can't go beyond X quality anyway might as well use QuickSync/NVENC/AMD DVR to stream and have almost no impact" .. which is kinda correct.
    But it's still noticeable that CPU streaming is sharper comparatively even if the quality is "limited" on Twitch.
    Yeah, because you can't(well you can, but you shouldn't) go beyond 720p@30FPS anyway, it really doesn't matter. Maybe I'll do some testing later to see, but last time I did, my friend who was viewing did not really notice any difference between the two when I was at 720p@30FPS. If I was at 1080p@30FPS he did notice a difference though. Of course we are talking about a guy who still uses a 720p TV in his living room because he doesn't care about the difference. Probably not the best guy to use for the purposes of testing my stream now that I think about it, but he is my best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, because you can't go beyond 720p@30FPS anyway, it really doesn't matter.
    Yes you can and many streamers do, They chose 720p/60 over 1080p/30.

You can tell the difference between a 720/60 and a 720/30 stream.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes you can and many streamers do, They chose 720p/60 over 1080p/30.

You can tell the difference between a 720/60 and a 720/30 stream.
    Yeah, I edited it, and said the same earlier. You can, but you will limit your viewers with limited bandwidth since you are not a partner they do not have quality controls and can not reduce the quality on their end. Since you are sending so much data, if their bandwidth can not handle it, they will be constantly buffering and the stream will not be pleasant for them to watch. Especially if you are new to streaming and especially if you are not partnered, unless it's only for your friends/family to watch, you should be doing everything you can to not limit your viewers. 720p@30FPS may turn some viewers off, but really the quality of your stream is not as important as your personality. If a guy is partnered and has a 1080p@60FPS stream but is boring as fuck, I'd rather watch the interesting guy at 720p/30FPS.