Poll: Are you banned on the official WoW forums?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    -_- they got me 2....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    -_- they got me 2....
    Please check my post above yours.

Deleted
    Yes, many years ago I got a perma-ban for making a sarcastisc remark about Blizzard's approach to botting in WoW.
    I believe my first ban before that because some GM/blue poster posted something in ASCII art and I pointed out how players got banned for doing the same.

Not that I posted there a lot (mostly technical questions back in the day) but I was never too fond of that Green VIP thing. Always the most smug people that, if you checked their armory, didn't even really play the game at all.

The wow forums suck

I've posted there maybe twice?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Unlike many, I am able to express my thoughts, hopes and disappointments by being moderate and rational.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    I'm sorry but people who never get infracted or banned are dead inside. I don't care you're super mature or something, if you never get penalized you're just too boring for me to be interested in your person.
    Funny how you just got banned from MMO-C right now xD lool

Yeah, that's why I'm here.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when transmog got introduced I felt pretty slighted.

I spent a lot of time on the PTR for that patch, a lot of pre-planning into item sets, collection on live, faction/race swaps etc.

Never on the PTR were there any restrictions as far as PvP items went.

When the patch went live there was a ninja restriction (that didn't even make it into patch notes). If you know what I am talking about it is/was the Legionnaire/Knight-Captain rank requirement for any PvP items at the time.

I had (2) issues with that [still chaps my ass a little bit]

(1) It was a completely arbitrary decision/rank and an albeit unfair one imo

At the start of BC I had a lock, shaman, rogue, and mage all at 60 all with at least Blood Guard pvp title. I had more combined kills which equated to honor at the time, then some warlords. But because I didn't have high enough rank on any one character I got the shaft. Having that many level capped characters (at the time) was quite a feat in and of itself. Much less the amount of play time on each. I was a well-groomed, hygienic basement dwelling neckbeard.

In addition the struggle/battle for warlord became a farce I wasn't about to become a part of. Several Warlords will admit to account sharing (which is against ToS) so that they could maintain rank and monopoly over the server (since only one per faction per server could hold the title every week) some even saw this as an opportunity to make gold, and as such could only be paid NOT to play for a given week, so that someone else might pass them up. A completely broken and largely unpoliced (by blizzard) system. Yet they still found it necessary to (years later) still reward these players.

(2) The second part of my issue was that such a restriction was not on PTR. Nor was it in patch notes. That's a pretty significant fact to simply leave out. But I didn't feel it was simply a small oversight. I felt like it was a blatant attempt to avoid the backlash and the conversation I wanted to have for points (1).

Blizzard did not (obviously) want to have that conversation, nor did they want others talking about it.

I wrote out my thoughts, and it was immediately removed for being too personal and inflammatory. So I copied and pasted, changed the post a bit as to address the issues set forth by the moderator, and re-posted.

And then I was permanently banned for spam... shady motherfuckers.

Now I just call them out on twitter. Because they still pull this shady shit from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, nor have I been suspended from it.

I don't go around doing silly things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So many times, but never permanent because I'm fucking a couple of the WoW employees in the ass. They like it like that.

Deleted
    Nope, I choose not to view/post there because it's split up in US/EU which is ridiculous. Whilst this forum is toxic, at least it has toxic from all over the world, not just one region.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Posted 4,5 years ago

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

That was back when they did perma bans.

Deleted
    Have been banned for years.

No, but I forget they have forums. I might have 15 posts ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I deserved my ban. I fucking went ham complaining about WoD and how shitty it was and insulting blizzard for garrisons and holinka for assran.

Never.

Been banned a few times on MMO-C though, due to overzealous SJW mods, on the Off-topic General forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Been banned a few times on MMO-C though, due to overzealous SJW mods, on the Off-topic General forums.
    The Off-topic General forum is a trap to get banned. Everytime i see someone banned is because of something they said in Off-topic forums xD

Yes, because if you're a good player and you post on the general forums you get bullied.