Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Aside from your political slant calling it a "poorly thought out and rushed plan" that was developed during Obama's administration. It may have been poorly thought out but there is no evidence of this, but it wasn't particularly rushed if it had been in the works since before Trump took office.

This guy didn't like Trump either so he falls into the same basket that you just put all of the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Since the raid was first developed during Obama's admin, I guess Obama hired shit staff?
    This is some first rate twisting of facts. If it was not approved by Obama administration then the responsibility isn't theirs. When you put your signature under something, it is your responsibility 100%. Trump hired his advisors himself and he decided to approve of the plan. What in the world is there to discuss, he is to blame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It was 100% Trumps fault. The reason Obama did not go thought with it was due to a lack of needed key intel on the matter. Trump had the same exact intel, and decided to go through with it.
    not according to the information that no plan was made under obama.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    None of this is opinion though, and none of these things are clickbait. They are literal facts; I'm starting to believe your omission of reality is just a way for you to ignore wrongdoings of people you accept as leadership quality. That's kind of sad though; so I'll let that lay with you.
    No, what you are stating is ALL opinion. There is no facts there. Those opinions are based in facts, but they themselves are not facts. I am not saying ignoring wrongdoings of leadership is not newsworthy, I am saying reporting someone not wanting to see the President isn't newsworthy. You don't seem to understand the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    So when you said "Others refused to see Obama" immediately followed by "this is not news worthy," you meant those as two completely independent statements?
    People refusing to see the President isn't newsworthy. How is that hard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Because it illustrates that someone not meeting a different president made the news? Implying that this isn't only being reported on because the "mainstream media" has a problem with Trump (which was the position of the person I quoted)? Not sure where this is confusing at all.

It sure seems like people care. I do, for example, care what the father of a slain Navy SEAL thinks about the President's decision to send his kid to die. Just because you don't personally find it interesting or it implies something you don't like doesn't mean it's not newsworthy.
    Someone wanting to hear something doesn't make it newsworthy. I would love to hear about a lot of things that aren't newsworthy. Personal desire doesn't make something newsworthy.

I don't find a lot of news interesting. I don't honestly care to hear about a lot of it, but I can still find it newsworthy. For example, I don't find coverage of violence interesting ... still newsworthy. The event of the son's death ... newsworthy. The fact the father doesn't want to meet the president because of it ... isn't newsworthy.

And what is implies is something that I actually like ... people blaming the President I didn't want. Still doesn't make it newsworthy. I don't see how you think something has to be interesting to me or imply something I like for me to consider it newsworthy ... I don't share that definition.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a hard thing to deal with. My son is in the Army, a major who has served 5 tours in Iraq in a combat role and is deployed now in Afghanistan. I do not think we should be there. But I would not blame Trump if something was to happen to him. It is a mess he has inherited from the last two administrations. Thousands have died over there for countries not worth a drop of American blood in my opinion. Bush invaded Iraq when he should not have. But Congress gave their approval. So any blame should be shared by a lot more then just the Presidents.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-02-28 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Remember when "Obama killed Osama?" That was a Bush era policy and operation.
    A Bush era operation???? Why do you find it necessary to lie when the facts are so readily available.

Fact: The CIA wasn't even aware that the Abbottabad compound existed until 2010.

Fact: Operation Neptune Spear was created, planned, and executed, entirely under the Obama Administration.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I still fail to see how any of that is relevant, seeing as Trump was the final decider on whether or not this decision happened, and he gave it the go-ahead.
    Ultimately he is still responsible and he has full knowledge of that. He attended the fallen SEAL's return home to honor him.

The relevant part of that was that it is very unlikely that he will rely on those particular officers again. They will likely be some of the first that will get re-organized out of his circle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    He was told all these things beforehand. lmao

Not only that, but he took a cavalier attitude about the raid beforehand.

A U.S. official expressed concern that Trump made the decision over dinner. This should have been decided with rigorous debate in the Situation Room, the official said.
    http://www.npr.org/2017/02/10/514378...-not-so-simple

- - - Updated - - -

Trump had to give the go ahead. He had the only "say" that mattered.
    While you quoted a CENTCOM "source" you did not provide a source that says he was directly told "the operation had insufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup". I believe you are just making things up now.

As to where he made the decision isn't material. Once he'd been briefed, had his questions answered, and with the information where he is or what he is doing when he considers the information and decides really doesn't matter. Everyone thinks about things in completely different ways. He's a business man used to conducting YUGE amounts of business while dining, golfing, and in the board room.

Now, before you start accusing me of being a Trump fan boy, I'm not. He was just not Hillary. Unless you were there in the room during his brief, you have no idea what information he had at the time. None of us do. The only people leaking information about the admin are those that hate Trump so their information is going to be biased.

Deleted
    It's his own choice really.

It doesnt really matter one way or the other if he meets him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    This is some first rate twisting of facts. If it was not approved by Obama administration then the responsibility isn't theirs. When you put your signature under something, it is your responsibility 100%. Trump hired his advisors himself and he decided to approve of the plan. What in the world is there to discuss, he is to blame for it.
    I've never said he is not responsible for the results good or bad (in other posts here I've actually said he was responsible). Trump has hired only the most high level advisers so far. He has not had time to fully reorganize the entire upper echelon of the military responsible for planning (actually time for his SecDef to do so) so he must rely on the team that Obama created. That team came to him and sold him on the idea. This team is to blame on a professional level with Trump being ultimately responsible for the mission. As the old quote goes "You can delegate authority but can't delegate responsibility."

Trump is now throwing everyone else under the bus and refusing to take any kind of responsibility for this botched and unproductive operation.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

“I can understand people saying that. I’d feel ― ‘What’s worse?’ There’s nothing worse,” he added. “This was something that they were looking at for a long time doing, and according to [Defense Secretary Jim] Mattis it was a very successful mission. They got tremendous amounts of information.”
    I know I'm biased against Trump and not inclined to see him in a positive light. I admit this. Nevertheless, this is rage-inducing in a way he has never made me feel before.

FUCK YOU, TRUMP. You had the final say on this, you pestulant orange shitstain, and if it had gone well you would have taken all the credit. In fact, you were trying to do just that until people started finding out how badly it went. You wanted to sign off on a military operation right off the bat, because that's what Presidents do and it'd make you feel important, so you gave the order without doing the preparation before hand. And now you're throwing your own generals to the wolves to dodge responsibility. and you're even still lying about how successful it was; they take the blame, while you take the credit. Go to hell, you weasel.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    It appears that the deceased's father directly blames Trump for the loss of his son's life due to bad decision making.

Father of US commando killed in Yemen refused to meet Trump
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39099680

What parent wouldn't be upset that their child died? I'd imagine his disgust is compounded by the fact that information is leaking out of the white house like an open faucet and these militants were tipped off. The father is well within his rights to be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Shock as important part of article is buried halfway down the page :P
    Actually the important comes from King Cheeto's mouth; He did it because Obama was too scared to do it.

Obama didn't go through with the plan because he KNEW it would get people killed. Trump did it, like all Republicans these days, just to spite the other side. Fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    or it wasnt finished getting planned or the targets wernt in place at the time, it just says started it doesnt say they passed.

As iv said on this subject, this is no more trumps fault than it is yours or mine. His advisers were the ones that advised him it would work and they would achieve thier target. The strategic planners and military staff that put it together are the ones tha drew out the plan and plan of attack, not trump, he was told that it was a mission, what they were going to hit and that it would succeed and so he oked it.
    This is McConnell levels of responsibility dodging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    A Bush era operation???? Why do you find it necessary to lie when the facts are so readily available.

Fact: The CIA wasn't even aware that the Abbottabad compound existed until 2010.

Fact: Operation Neptune Spear was created, planned, and executed, entirely under the Obama Administration.
    They were aware of al-Kuwaiti, and his real name, prior to Obama presidency

who cares about this old fuck rofl

Let me understand this...

Random state department workers die while HRC is secretary and it's her fault forever let's crucify her and talk about it til kingdom come. VS. Trump orders an ill advised raid that accomplishes nothing, kills civilians, and wastes the life of an elite American soldier, and that's cool? Imagine if HRC was president and this happened. BEN GHAZI 2.0 WALL TO WALL COVERAGE EVERYONE PANIC. Trump and his supporters can fuck right off about media bias. As much shit as they're giving him, it's still not enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Trump is now throwing everyone else under the bus and refusing to take any kind of responsibility for this botched and unproductive operation.

I know I'm biased against Trump and not inclined to see him in a positive light. I admit this. Nevertheless, this is rage-inducing in a way he has never made me feel before.

FUCK YOU, TRUMP. You had the final say on this, you pestulant orange shitstain, and if it had gone well you would have taken all the credit. In fact, you were trying to do just that until people started finding out how badly it went. You wanted to sign off on a military operation right off the bat, because that's what Presidents do and it'd make you feel important, so you gave the order without doing the preparation before hand. And now you're throwing your own generals to the wolves to dodge responsibility. and you're even still lying about how successful it was; they take the blame, while you take the credit. Go to hell, you weasel.
    The "buck" stops somewhere else apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    who cares about this old fuck rofl
    Unfortunately trump is the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad that Trump can't just bite the bullet and take the blame for it. Not like you're going to face any sort of real consequences of it... soldiers die under the President's orders all the time. But no he needs to lash out and blame everyone but himself. His narcissism won't let him see that him taking the blame for it and actually showing some fucking humanity for once will go a lot farther than continuing to drag the issue out and blame others.

You're the commander in chief bozo, start acting like it. I realize you wanted a Osama moment a week into your presidency but it didn't happen. Admit it and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Pretty sad that Trump can't just bite the bullet and take the blame for it. Not like you're going to face any sort of real consequences of it... soldiers die under the President's orders all the time. But no he needs to lash out and blame everyone but himself. His narcissism won't let him see that him taking the blame for it and actually showing some fucking humanity for once will go a lot farther than continuing to drag the issue out and blame others.

You're the commander in chief bozo, start acting like it. I realize you wanted a Osama moment a week into your presidency but it didn't happen. Admit it and move on.
    Not Trumps fault, he just signs things without reading them.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    They were aware of al-Kuwaiti, and his real name, prior to Obama presidency
    Which doesn't change anything that I've said. I mean, they knew Bin Laden's name prior to Obama's presidency as well...
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    All of the above. When you weigh risks you don't just say only this bit of risk matters. It all does and you weigh it as a whole.
    Have you served in the military? Just curious.