If I'm not mistaken, I think Energy Shield is stronger end-game if you have the gear for it, and thus it's also expensive and/or rare. At the start of a league, I'd probably prioritize Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That was my initial pick - though inquisitor looks way better for a spell caster/elementalist. I will focus on tempest shield and the main fire attack only.

EDIT: crit-based caster looks pretty good. Should i focus on life or Energy Shield?
    Like Shaiandra said, I would start out as life and then after 68 (most good ES base require lvl 68) transition into ES when you got some decent gear for it. ES is a lot better for a build like this but as mentioned, it's also a little harder to get the gear to start out with.

I should mention that if you go for a CwC build on the inquisitor - you will need a way to get stun immune. Either by traveling towards unwavering stance or by using certain items that you might not get when playing SSF. So in a SSF scenario, pick up unwavering stance
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    need a build for the new league, im thinking about going firestorm or Essence drain but cant decide whats better for leveling.

also open for other intresting start of league builds with 0 funding.
    ED+Contagion is awkward until you have the right links, 100 % pierce for ED and some aoe for Contagion. But once you have that set up it's faster clear speed than Firestorm which in the end game is really only great for single target.

So depends on whether you're willing to endure some pain until level 40-50. I've done Occultist or Trickster ED as level starters in many leagues now and it's a really good build to start with as you don't really need gear to start mapping. You really want a few specific pieces like Consuming Dark for killing end game bosses like Atziri but those ones haven't been very expensive.
    Last edited by jaakkeli; 2017-02-28 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    ED+Contagion is awkward until you have the right links, 100 % pierce for ED and some aoe for Contagion. But once you have that set up it's faster clear speed than Firestorm which in the end game is really only great for single target.

So depends on whether you're willing to endure some pain until level 40-50. I've done Occultist or Trickster ED as level starters in many leagues now and it's a really good build to start with as you don't really need gear to start mapping. You really want a few specific pieces like Consuming Dark for killing end game bosses like Atziri but those ones haven't been very expensive.
    starter nodes as shadow give physical as well, can always level with etheral knives untill later when i can link stuff.

just need aoe skills for early game, its rather ez to craft weapon for casting early game.

probebly get freezing pulse or somthing and then craft +1 wand

http://imgur.com/Q8BRNXR
    Last edited by Archimand; 2017-02-28 at 07:43 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Was thinking of doing flameblast totems this coming league, but I guess it's been nerfed with the AoE nerfs? Anyone know if it will still be viable?

Animate meme weapons with aurabot build...work my way toward POISON ZOMBIES motreguls buff new threshold gems new meta boys

@ flameblast totems
    The AOE is still pretty nice, mathil posted a video showing a comparison and with both primary AOE clusters on the tree it should be quite fine still. It won't cover a whole screen but it will probably still consume entire packs of mobs every cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how if the healing from Essence Drain is counted as Life Leech?

So if I have the Ghost Reaver Keystone, would that make ED apply to my Energy Shield or would it continue to apply to health?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think Essence Drain's healing is considered Regeneration, not Leech. In which case you'd want Zealot's Oath, not Ghost Reaver, in order for it to apply to E.Shield.

Ok, i rethought my Templar and i'll probably go Ice Spear or Arctic Breath plus Tempest Shield because i found it being a somehow better combo. Or it's just me liking cold damage spells more.

I need suggestions now how what to support with these two skills. Arctic Breath should be cool with pierce/multiple projectiles, while TS may have chaining.

Skeleton build HERE
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Ok, i rethought my Templar and i'll probably go Ice Spear or Arctic Breath plus Tempest Shield because i found it being a somehow better combo. Or it's just me liking cold damage spells more.

I need suggestions now how what to support with these two skills. Arctic Breath should be cool with pierce/multiple projectiles, while TS may have chaining.

Skeleton build HERE
    Ice Spear + Faster Projectiles + Spell Echo + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Life Leech

That should be a good starter 5 link. Pierce isn't bad either but only if you build for it (so having 100% pierce using pierce support+passives)

edit:

For Tempest Shield, add at least the Blind support and maybe even Knockback for shit and giggles

Or use something like:
    Tempest Shield+Blind+Curse on Hit+your curse, to save mana.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-01 at 10:36 AM.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Ice Spear + Faster Projectiles + Spell Echo + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Life Leech

That should be a good starter 5 link. Pierce isn't bad either but only if you build for it (so having 100% pierce using pierce support+passives)

edit:

For Tempest Shield, add at least the Blind support and maybe even Knockback for shit and giggles

Or use something like:
    Tempest Shield+Blind+Curse on Hit+your curse, to save mana.
    Curse on hit is good. I was planning to use it also on my current char to remove the blasphemy stone and maybe activate another aura, given the 1 curse limit (until i get a cospri's chest so i can use both Warlord and Enfeeble).

EDIT: just wondering if it's worth to go to Elemental equilibrium.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-01 at 11:59 AM.

Curse on hit is good. I was planning to use it also on my current char to remove the blasphemy stone and maybe activate another aura, given the 1 curse limit (until i get a cospri's chest so i can use both Warlord and Enfeeble).
    Yes and since TS doesn't really benefit from most damage supports, Blind+Curse on Hit is probably the way to go.

Between life leech gem and warlord's mark you'd end up with 4% leech on a crit build, which is pretty damn good

my current char actually uses orb of storms+curse on hit+enfeeble+temporal chains+enhance, it's amazing.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Yes and since TS doesn't really benefit from most damage supports, Blind+Curse on Hit is probably the way to go.

Between life leech gem and warlord's mark you'd end up with 4% leech on a crit build, which is pretty damn good

my current char actually uses orb of storms+curse on hit+enfeeble+temporal chains+enhance, it's amazing.
    Ins't the number of curses limited by 1 per enemy? Until you have some other item that lets you put more like said Cospri's chest. Warlord+Enfeeble looks extra good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Major Features and Content
    Lioneye's Watch now has stairs.
    FINALLY STAIRS.

EDIT: holy fuck they're changing all the stuff in my tree zone that makes the build i had in mind more viable and easier obtained. I really hope for a free respec XD
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-01 at 12:17 PM.

Broken Faith: No longer has Reduced Block Chance. Now has 5% Increased Chance to Block. Now has the property gain Unholy Might for 10 seconds on Block. No longer has Increased Damage on no Energy Shield. Now has 100% increased Global Armour on no Energy Shield.

That sounds crazy.

Also:
    Siosa now sells all quest gems once you've completed his quest and the quests required to unlock the appropriate tiers of gem rewards.

That makes SSF a lot more attractive

- - - Updated - - -

Ins't the number of curses limited by 1 per enemy? Until you have some other item that lets you put more like said Cospri's chest. Warlord+Enfeeble looks extra good.

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY STAIRS.
    Correct - but it's not so bad to travel to the +1 curse node on the passive tree, it's close to Inquisitors starting point

My current char has that node and a +1 curse corrupted neck so I run Enfeeble+temporal chains+warlord's mark 3 curses, and I can even add a doedre's ring for a 4th curse if I feel like it.

edit:
    Reach of the Council: Number of Additional Arrows reduced to 2.

Thanks GGG you just made my legacy bow on standard worth 500ex
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-01 at 12:23 PM.
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Good notes, do we know when the passive tree on the site will be updated with these new changes?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Good notes, do we know when the passive tree on the site will be updated with these new changes?
    On patch day, as per usual.

Skeleton build HERE
    Both are fine spells on their own, but I'm sorta curious where you plan to be in relation to enemies. If you're going to have a block focus, I assume you don't mind being in melee range, but Ice Spear is best at longer ranges (since it has to travel a certain distance to get its massive crit bonus). I think if you want your shield to be a notable part of your build, you're better off using Arctic Breath (or Freezing Pulse which is good at melee range) over Spear.

And regarding your tentative tree (which I know is subject to change and I haven't looked at the new changes yet), I wouldn't take any elemental-specific nodes if you want to focus on multiple elements; just get "spell damage" or "elemental damage" so you don't have to spend nearly twice as many points on damage. (Though you can look at the Storm Weaver passive which is both Cold and Lightning specifically.) Also if you're going crit-heavy, well, firstly you need some spell crit nodes which you haven't grabbed any of (Arcane Potency and Annihilation are the closest such notables), and if in turn you have a good crit chance and multiplier, you shouldn't take Elemental Overload.

Do you plan to take the Inquisitor passive which makes Critical Strikes ignore elemental resistances? If you do, you don't really need penetration, since your critical strikes will treat the monster's effective resistance as exactly 0%, no questions. Even effective negative resistances (after curses or Pen) will be ignored.

Another question for seasoned players: the general weapon changes - what impact will they have on gameplay? Basically because i have no clue about current situation and what changes with the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    On patch day, as per usual.
    Does that not seem a little short sighted to anyone else?

I mean, maybe it's just me... But I like to have my build at least 90% locked down before I roll a character. If they're going to be changing things around and moving them in the passive tree on the day the League goes live, it doesn't exactly give us much chance to work these things out...