Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Speaking as one of the hunters that pushed keys to ~22 last week on volcanic, practically.. you have to take the dps loss. If you play against the mechanic enough you notice little things like how it works exactly... like grace periods after you take a volcanic. Volcanics only do 50% so noticing if there's one under you, or they're stacked. But in summary its just not worth it to die then to get that ~50-100k dps increase cos you'll lose more in the end. Have some control and dodge that shiet.
    (I was using true aim vuln volley trickshot and have boots/belt... TA because more ST at higher keys).

The "meme" build is the only real build you can use as MM in Volcanic. Use it or lose it (dps)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    Again, you just don't get it. The video was to demonstrate the jump shot method, something every hunter would have to do if they wanted to get the epic bow. If you really watched the video and read the instructions, you would have seen that the technique was used to dot the demon with Viper and then kite it while the dot killed it, since it did 350% damage to the demon. You had to run and shoot while staying 30-40 yds away. Farther than 40 yds he'd lose aggro, less than 30 yds he would dot you and kill you. Mobility, shooting on the run, that was the definition of a hunter. If you were a hunter who couldn't strafe, you were useless.

Hunter kiting was the only way to stay alive in pvp and many times when solo (even with a pet). Also before your time, hunters would pull trash mobs in Molten Core because of our mobility and ability to do damage on the run, using cheetah for added speed. The most fun I've ever had in the game was pulling MC for 2 hours straight while the other 39 guildies killed the mobs (yeah, 40 man raids were the bomb). It was a specific role that hunters were uniquely qualified to perform, like rogues in Blackwing Lair (stealth was required in some areas).

So, again, my point is that the hunter class was meant to be the mobile ranged dps class. The current MM playstyle is not very mobile. The devs have gotten away from the original vision and given us a spec that many "traditional" (old) hunters do not enjoy.
    no i know how it worked, i did it in heroic shattered halls where you got a pack of 6 mobs that would just delete your tank, sap 1 sheep 1, i would kite 3 of them, if you got within like 15 yards he would uppercut you into the air meaning the other 2 caught you = death.

you missed my point of how things have changed, you say you were very mobile but you weren't really doing much at all but running, and that doesn't work in todays world of warcraft. IN HFC where you ran like vanilla but did your entire perfect fucking rotation while running that shit is just overpowered, vanilla wasn't about insane dps checks when hunters were kiting because that's obviously really crap dps that's pure kiting and you can still kite like that today you can not use aimed shot, you can do rubbish dps and you can kite EXACTLY like vanilla. your problem is being spoiled where you think now you should kite like vanilla but also do equal dps with a mage or a rogue who isn't kiting.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-02-24 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no i know how it worked, i did it in heroic shattered halls where you got a pack of 6 mobs that would just delete your tank, sap 1 sheep 1, i would kite 3 of them, if you got within like 15 yards he would uppercut you into the air meaning the other 2 caught you = death.

you missed my point of how things have changed, you say you were very mobile but you weren't really doing much at all but running, and that doesn't work in todays world of warcraft. IN HFC where you ran like vanilla but did your entire perfect fucking rotation while running that shit is just overpowered, vanilla wasn't about insane dps checks when hunters were kiting because that's obviously really crap dps that's pure kiting and you can still kite like that today you can not use aimed shot, you can do rubbish dps and you can kite EXACTLY like vanilla. your problem is being spoiled where you think now you should kite like vanilla but also do equal dps with a mage or a rogue who isn't kiting.
    Wow, you really just DON'T get it. In Vanilla and even other expansions, hunters could do most if not full dps while on the run. Jump shot, strafe, dots, ect, were all part of the standard Hunter arsenal. Viper and your pet were constant damage augmented by pretty much every shot in your rotation which could be made while moving. It's obvious you know nothing about the original concept for hunters, so please don't try to make believe you do. It's only been with this xpac that the design for MM has changed so drastically, to an immobile "patient" hunter. Making AiS 60% of our dps was a mistake. It's not an enjoyable style or in line with the traditional role of the hunter. Sure, things change, but a hunter is not a caster. If you want to stand and cast, go ahead and play a lock or mage (hell some of their specs are more mobile than MM atm).

You keep talking about being spoiled, yet you don't understand the point. I've never once said anything about dps. What I've stressed is that the playstyle is not in line with the original intent for the hunter. I don't want to be a caster, I want my own clear role that is true to the hunter vision, a highly mobile physical damage ranged dps class.
    Last edited by Hunterforlife; 2017-02-24 at 04:51 PM.

Wow, you really just DON'T get it. In Vanilla and even other expansions, hunters could do most if not full dps while on the run. Jump shot, strafe, dots, ect, were all part of the standard Hunter arsenal.
    yes and you don't get it either, i point out multiple times about needing to stand still to steady shot and aimed shot in TBC, and you ignore it, same went for vanilla stand still for aimed shot, link a video where a hunter is kiting and probably doing 50% of his potential dps if he wasn't kiting, but instead i get :

BUT IN ALL XPACS, MA MOBILITY SO MUCH DPS ON THE MOVE.

you're talking shit.

yes and you don't get it either, i point out multiple times about needing to stand still to steady shot and aimed shot in TBC, and you ignore it, same went for vanilla stand still for aimed shot, link a video where a hunter is kiting and probably doing 50% of his potential dps if he wasn't kiting, but instead i get :

BUT IN ALL XPACS, MA MOBILITY SO MUCH DPS ON THE MOVE.

you're talking shit.
    You STILL don't get it, and at this point I'm sure you're just too dumb to ever understand. The current playstyle is drastically different from what it's been in the past. That is a fact. We always had cast shots, but they were not 60% or more of our dps and didn't require us to stand still for a 7 sec Vulnerable window. Those are facts, you've provided opinion. Not even sure what you're trying to say except "live with it", well, I prefer to post about it in hopes of influencing future class design decisions. You're just full of shit.
    Last edited by Hunterforlife; 2017-02-24 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Yeah, tough guy. No shit. The point is that you're giving advice that only a minority can follow.

"Hey guys I'm looking for my first car"

"Sup dude, np, buy this Ferrari it's super fast gg ez git gud"
    Not sure what luxury are you talking about... The turnover rate of raiders is rather high right now, so pretty much every guild, barring for the ones pushing or already farming last mythic bosses, are constantly recruiting. It takes effort to prove yourself, but so does getting your first car.

You STILL don't get it, and at this point I'm sure you're just too dumb to ever understand. The current playstyle is drastically different from what it's been in the past. That is a fact. We always had cast shots, but they were not 60% or more of our dps and didn't require us to stand still for a 7 sec Vulnerable window. Those are facts, you've provided opinion. Not even sure what you're trying to say except "live with it", well, I prefer to post about it in hopes of influencing future class design decisions. You're just full of shit.
    it's like talking to a wall, a dumb wall, again refusing to ignore steady shot/aimed shot, like you could skip those and still deal reasonable damage lol.

but you keep living in fantasy world where about 2 expansions is all 12 years of MM hunter, change your boots once in a while while dps'in though that puddle of tears is getting them all wet.

it's like talking to a wall, a dumb wall, again refusing to ignore steady shot/aimed shot, like you could skip those and still deal reasonable damage lol.

but you keep living in fantasy world where about 2 expansions is all 12 years of MM hunter, change your boots once in a while while dps'in though that puddle of tears is getting them all wet.
    Now you're just talking to hear yourself talk and try to save face. You've said nothing that in any way counters my statements about the current play style. You're just trying to avoid embarrassment. Sorry, too late. And, btw, your English is horrible. I hope it's your second language because if not, you should go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Hello, I just started on mythic+ with my MM hunter and had volcanic as an affix. The volcano erupt ruins my dps. I need to move and if I do I interrupt aimed shot. How do you guys deal with it? I did change to piercing shot, as that is an instant cast.
    Imagine being a moonkin with 2.5sec cast on full moon

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Yeah, tough guy. No shit. The point is that you're giving advice that only a minority can follow.

"Hey guys I'm looking for my first car"

"Sup dude, np, buy this Ferrari it's super fast gg ez git gud"
    Since when are guilds for the minority of players, last time i checked the majority of active players are in Guilds. Atleast nearly every player i know is guilded and nearly all of those guilds have the capability to run +15's every week. I actually think its a pretty solid advice not to mock the groupfinder and complain you can't run M+ but either find some friends or a guild on your playing level to do your content with. It would solve alot of issues for ppl that are complaining on forums that they can't get into Groupfinder groups.

Deleted

somehow HFC 4 piece overpowered faceroll spec = all 12 years of wow?
    Actually MM was aslo with instant aimeds in WotLK too
    And beside before this patch losing cast on aimed was not that big deal

which is the easiest healing class for volcanic

You can kind of predict the volcanic happening because it happens on a reliable heartbeat. Plan your casts around that. Or play the AOE spec and forget about mobility limitations. YOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    You can kind of predict the volcanic happening because it happens on a reliable heartbeat. Plan your casts around that. Or play the AOE spec and forget about mobility limitations. YOLO
    A post by Kennyloggins, cool.

A post by Kennyloggins, cool.
    who cares what that washed up has-been says?

oops this isn't my alt account

Some of us remember the legend.

Some of us remember the legend.
    pray tell /popcorn

O(n)T: I play BM but have noticed the pattern in volcanic. Typically around 5-7 secs depending on how many ranged. I just tend to now move a couple of paces away every 5 secs irrespective of volcanic or not. the most problem I have is at the start of any run where I have to keep telling myself it's volcanic, it's volcanic.. Once muscle memory sets in its a breeze.

You guys know, that volcanic only spawns 8 yards away from the given mob right?
    soo...
    since... along ago... hunters can stand in melee and dps...
    2+2 = 4 = stand in melee and dps when u have volcanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    You guys know, that volcanic only spawns 8 yards away from the given mob right?
    Source? So to argue if I am 20yds away I wouldn't get the lava under me? That's so wrong you know that rt.

... Unless you meant it spawns 8yards onwards (which makes more sense)