Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I explained my reasons for going though and looking at claimed traits as a basis for kill motives in an earlier post Palawin.
    It doesn't hold a lot of water in my view. No one in their right mind would expect scum to go and claim a negative trait in day 1. This is especially true if scum don't have negative traits, but still true if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Would you care to elaborate?
    Well you can consider it a character read if you want to. You usually always give away some town vibes (even if you're scum) early on, but that has not been the case for this game. So yes, while you are obviously capable of doing it as either alignment, the fact that you haven't done it so far is very suspicious seeing as you pretty much never fail to do it as town. I didn't follow the last game, but from what I can understand you played in it and won (?). What was your alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post

Not sure what to make of dupti jumping off. I still think kryllian is the most likely scum at this point. I read the above tell in conjunction with the fact that he unvoted crackle when it looked like crackle train might be a contender.
    I thought his post #232 was very town. Not that I was a huge fan of all the content, but it sounded very town to me.

@Kryllian, please respond to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post

How was it a mistake? You claimed that you had to claim a specific trait to unlock your ability, so why does it matter if you claim your other traits?

On that thought... I want to consider game make up for a second.
    Based on my role and Monkz role, town appear to be immigrants who have arrived at this village. Often with shady backgrounds.

I know danner said not to base anything on the role play but it's pretty clear that a key component of the game background is that we haven't found any locals.

I theorise that the scum are the locals who want us dead for invading their home.

@Senna1251, as of right now I am only interested in your scumreads so please share.

- - - Updated - - -

I theorise that the scum are the locals who want us dead for invading their home.
    Honestly I was thinking about this as well earlier, but the RP made me believe this wasn't the case. Look at screenshot from end of day 1. There are at least 14 people in it, including Danner though but that still leaves us with 13 (excluding Monkz). Unless Danner doesn't care about the RP, I'd say that the scum are in that screenshot and if that's the case it doesn't really make sense for them to be the locals. But well yeah, it's just random RP so probably shouldn't read too much into it, at least not for now.

@Senna1251, as of right now I am only interested in your scumreads so please share.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I was thinking about this as well earlier, but the RP made me believe this wasn't the case. Look at screenshot from end of day 1. There are at least 14 people in it, including Danner though but that still leaves us with 13 (excluding Monkz). Unless Danner doesn't care about the RP, I'd say that the scum are in that screenshot and if that's the case it doesn't really make sense for them to be the locals. But well yeah, it's just random RP so probably shouldn't read too much into it, at least not for now.
    Danner did say he'd be creative with the images and they don't provide any info. In any event, the locals would be masquerading as some of us to suit the game.

Its possible, but well it doesn't really matter, at least not right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm working on the reads right now Dupti.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever felt the more they played the worse they get?

That's how I feel right now. I don't have anything to go on right now, because I don't particularly like either Kryllian or Catta trains. Granted, I have them both at null right now and not necessarily town, but I'm not sure I want to jump on any at this point.

What I have been doing lately is focusing by train day 1. For instance, how likely is it that scum were on Monkz train vs. how likely is it that scum was not on Monkz train last day phase. It gives me a smaller pool of players to focus on (not forgetting the others entirely, if they make a post that seems off or questionable, I would pursue that).

But anyway, I have been asked to share scum reads, so here's what I got so far:

Arialla: null (if anyone has a scum or town read on him as of now I would be suspicious)
    Catta: null (mainly joke votes so far, which is nice to read, but not helpful in finding scum)
    Crackle: null to scum (mainly because he has an interesting change in claim yesterday. @Crackleslap why did you change claims yesterday?)
    Crissi: null to town (I think she's trying her best to scum hunt, and I think she would have a harder time hiding as scum. If I'm not giving her enough credit I'm sorry.)
    Dupti: null to town (I always get a town vibe from you, and this game is no different. I've liked the arguments you put out so far.
    Graeham: null to scum (I can't shake the Largehorn vote from yesterday).
    Kryllian: null to town (meta reason: His answers sound like town Kryll answers from previous games).
    Largehorn: null to town (I've liked his posts so far, and I believed him when he said he was a bad lynch. @Largehorn who do you not like on Monkz train yesterday?)
    Listo: null (only slightly suspicious thing is timing on the Monkz train, but really has posted mostly fluff so far)
    Palawin: null to town (there's a consistency between his posts and good content)
    Razamith: null to town (I've liked his posting this day phase)
    Reticence: null to scum (This is a shameful vibe only, but I don't feel that Ret is as....content-filled?.....as he usually is by now)
    Rixis: null (nothing in his posts stand out to me either way)
    Senna: Town
    Xanjori: null to scum (Another shameful vibe. I usually think that Xan is scum, only to turn out wrong. Most iffy out of all reads)

I have to go now, be back later.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't hold a lot of water in my view. No one in their right mind would expect scum to go and claim a negative trait in day 1. This is especially true if scum don't have negative traits, but still true if they do.
    Based on my card and the fact that I can't use my skill until I reveal a specific trait, I theorized that others likely have this same limitation. My skill directly correlates to what I have to claim. It is not a stretch to think that at least one scum would have a similar limitation and that a trait someone claimed would be the trigger for their NK, Block, investiagtion, etc. It is more of a stretch to think that if they have to make a specific claim to use their NK that they would hold out. Why would scum handicap themselves. Now it's possible that they don't have to make a claim or that they just need to claim a trait period like Monkz. You have your theories, I have mine.

@Kryllian, please respond to this post:
    I didn't say it was a mistake for me to claim. I said that I was mistaken thinking that we all had to claim a trait every day. Now that I realize I didn't have to claim a trait yesterday, I'm not sure I would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still say we kill off Catta. The guy is a liar and I hate liars.

Time for a mid-day vote count!

Kryllian (2): Graeham (#228), PalawinFC (#230)
    Catta (2): Listo95 (#217), Largehorn (#231)
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    @PalawinFC. He was the largest, but I don't consider by 1 vote a significant gap that cant be overcome in 3 hours. Especially considering how fast it was hopped on after you made it 6-4 (8 minutes between listo and Catta) and there enough people not on the other viable train that were posting (and I dont consider large viable due to recent modness) (dupti, xanjori were present) that I think it could have gone either way without that push. Granted, a train has to start at some point. Anyways, I do like your other answers so into the neutral feeling basket you for now!

Still finding my footing, but I cant shake the feeling of something being in there between Catta, Kryllian, and Xanj. Primarily because of how Day 1 ended and I dunno, but even for Day 1 the Catta - Xanj interactions felt weird.

Not sure what to say about me and Catta interaction, neither of us have played in a while so I didn't wanna risk getting him lynched day 1 again. Plus now I've dragged you in Crissi I get to be mean to you instead, poor Catta deserves a break sometimes! (Very rarely though.) I will be a lot more active over the next few days, getting used to a change in sleep times is all currently that leaves me tired, but tomorrow Ive got plenty of free hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I didn't say it was a mistake for me to claim. I said that I was mistaken thinking that we all had to claim a trait every day. Now that I realize I didn't have to claim a trait yesterday, I'm not sure I would have.
    So... it was a mistake. Doesn't matter how you put it, in either case you seem to suggest it was a mistake you claimed, especially considering you're now saying that if you knew you didn't have to claim you don't know if you would have which I by the way do not understand. Why exactly would you not have claimed a trait? If only one of your traits are useful, why exactly would you not claim a useless one on day 1? What exactly would you rather use them on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    @Reticencei Aren't we all unemployed in this new LEGO village?
    I dunno, are we?

(In all seriousness, though, is this a legitimate question about my claim?)

Well you can consider it a character read if you want to. You usually always give away some town vibes (even if you're scum) early on, but that has not been the case for this game. So yes, while you are obviously capable of doing it as either alignment, the fact that you haven't done it so far is very suspicious seeing as you pretty much never fail to do it as town.
    I suppose I'm not sure what to think of that. I certainly understand the thought process -- some of my character reads on others (Lysah) operate very similarly. That said, I usually don't expect to have that sort of read formalized before the end of D1.

You said that you disliked what I had posted, though. That sounds like I said something that you found problematic, as opposed to not saying something that you liked. Is that the case, or did I misinterpret you?

I didn't follow the last game, but from what I can understand you played in it and won (?). What was your alignment?
    I was a serial killer, last game. I'm honestly not sure how that's relevant, though.

@Senna1251, thanks for the answer.

Based on what you've said and vote logic, why is your vote not on Crackle?

- - - Updated - - -

You said that you disliked what I had posted, though. That sounds like I said something that you found problematic, as opposed to not saying something that you liked. Is that the case, or did I misinterpret you?
    No you did not misinterpret me, but it's not a specific post that bothers me but just your overall play. You were pretty much just spectating day 1, sure you asked a couple of questions and claimed that we got a lot of "d1 information", yet you never really followed up on it or showed any interest in pursuing anything, and you obviously didn't come to any conclusions either. It feels like you weren't going in any direction at all (which has also been the case for today so far to be honest).

I was a serial killer, last game. I'm honestly not sure how that's relevant, though.
    Well, perhaps it isn't. I was just considering it a possibility you had rolled scum again which perhaps could explain your lack of interest. Well at least that is what it feels like to me.

No you did not misinterpret me, but it's not a specific post that bothers me but just your overall play. You were pretty much just spectating day 1, sure you asked a couple of questions and claimed that we got a lot of "d1 information", yet you never really followed up on it or showed any interest in pursuing anything, and you obviously didn't come to any conclusions either. It feels like you weren't going in any direction at all (which has also been the case for today so far to be honest).

Well, perhaps it isn't. I was just considering it a possibility you had rolled scum again which perhaps could explain your lack of interest. Well at least that is what it feels like to me.
    Ah, I see. I can't fault you for that -- I had a fair amount of things going on the past few days, so I haven't had much time to do more than spectate and comment here and there.

As for D1, I'm not sure that we got a lot, but I did see more interesting interactions than I feel is typical. Whether they pan out or not is another question -- Monkz already did not, and I thought his vote on Crackleslap was interesting. I'm hoping to have more after I reread and jot some notes down.

I also have a dilemma or two that I'm not entirely certain how to approach. I may have a question for you once I'm done reading the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my fkn god. I have a lot to read. Im gonna freshen up then read. See where we at.

So I vaguely remember voting for Crackleslap D1 for a reason, but I'm not sure what it was, now. I see that my vote was in (#101), so I can't imagine what I would have seen before that that would prompt legitimate suspicion.

That said, while compiling votes I found this particular segment to be particularly interesting. It's easy to miss in the flurry of votes and multiple trains, but there was some interesting movement around Crackleslap (and Largehorn, to a lesser extent).

Spoiler: 
    • (#122) - Monkz: Votes Crackleslap (4/9)
    • (#127) - Dupti: Unvotes/Votes Reticence (1/9)
    • (#128) - Largehorn: Votes Reticence (2/9)
    • (#129) - Kryllian: Unvotes Crackleslap (3/9), Votes Monkz (3/9)
    • (#130) - Palawin: Unvotes Monkz (2/9), Votes Crackleslap (4/9), Claims Charming
    • (#132) - Catta: Unvotes Crackleslap (3/9), Votes Largehorn (3/9)
    • (#138) - Crackleslap: Unvotes Marack (0/9), Votes Reticence (3/9)
    • (#139) - Marack: Unvotes Crissi (0/9), Votes Monkz (3/9)
    • (#140) - Crissi: Unvotes Xanjori (1/9)
    • (#141) - Rixis: Votes Monkz (4/9)
    • (#149) - Graeham: Unvotes Arialla (0/9), Votes Largehorn (4/9)
    • (#166) - Crissi: Votes Reticence (4/9)
    • (#171) - Senna: Unvotes Largehorn (3/9), Votes Monkz (5/9)

Notes:
    • A few players abandoned Crackle's train in favor of others when he was in the lead:
      - Kryllian switched from Crackleslap to Monkz in (#129), tying them both at (3/9)
      - Catta switched from Crackleslap to Largehorn in (#132), tying them both at (3/9)
      In the case of Catta, he did vote for Crackleslap back in (#106), putting him at (3/9) -- this was much earlier in the day, though, so it may have been a comfort level thing. I can't discount it entirely, though.
    • (#138) Crackleslap pushed me to (3/9), which I thought was interesting, considering Monkz and I (2/9) were both behind Largehorn (3/9).
    • (#141) Rixis pushes Monkz to (4/9) ahead of me, Largehorn and Crackleslap. (#149) Graeham and (#166) Crissi pushed Largehorn and me, respectively, to (4/9), putting us ahead of Crackleslap.
    • (#166) @Crissi seems to imply a gutfeels against me?
    • (#171) Senna switched from Largehorn to Monkz (5/9), dropping Large out of the running and securing Monkz' lead. Senna's original vote on Largehorn was in (#115) (1/9), back when it was safe.
    • (#174) Palawin stayed on Crackleslap until it no longer made sense to do so.

Possible Pairs: (If X is scum, then Y may be, too)
    • Crackleslap/Catta (weak)
    • Crackleslap/Crissi
    • Crackleslap/Graeham
    • Crackleslap/Kryllian
    • Crackleslap/Largehorn
    • Crackleslap/Rixis
    • Largehorn/Rixis
    • Largehorn/Senna

Unlikely Pairs: (If either are scum, then the other probably isn't)
    • Crackleslap/Palawin
    • Largehorn/Catta
    • Largehorn/Graeham

Conflict Resolution:
    • Crackleslap/Largehorn/Catta: If Crackleslap is scum, either Largehorn or Catta may also be scum, but not both.
    • Crackleslap/Largehorn/Graeham: If Crackleslap is scum, either Largehorn or Graeham may also be scum, but not both.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Crackleslap

So... follow-up questions.
    @dupti: In (#181), you said that you would be okay with a Kryllian lynch or a Crackleslap lynch. Was that one post from Kryllian (#232?) enough to change your mind? Are you still interested in Crackleslap?
    @Crackleslap: Did you have a reason for voting for me over Largehorn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I'm doing this post as I read along. (I accidentally deleted two quotes. Sighs). One was about Largehorn kinda reaching with Catta and another was about Kryliian talking about ulterior motive and me describing it as bias, wouldn't that be bastardisation or am I in the wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    To be honest with all this multiple trait claiming BS. Its either you pressure one of them or let them be. I don't think much else is going to come out of it otherwise.

Have you considered the claim to be hocus pocus though? Can't Kryllian just reveal any trait, still use ability and claim that anyway? Tbf Kryllian could claim this mighty trait and sit on it all game. I don't like this at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Joke votes I am not worried about. Removing yourself from trains I find somewhat skeptical. Recently I have found a lot of scum doing this in past games but I've never really pushed on it. They hop on and then off because they don't want to be seen as the initiator or they're scum (Marack is town). So I'm not as suspicious anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    When I claimed Paranoid when I was leading train. I used it as a slight reveal to my role. Give hints, I obviously didn't want to reveal it outright then because that would be dumb. But I feel paranoid is a pretty strong indication of what I could be. I changed to nature lover because I didn't want to be just seen as 'Paranoid'.

@Crackleslap: Did you have a reason for voting for me over Largehorn?
    No.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Reticence You're not going to find any other reason than me just wanting to have 3 trains to chose. That are equal at the time. It is no surprise that me adding variety to choice of train happened. I obviously don't want to be lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    @Reticence You're not going to find any other reason than me just wanting to have 3 trains to chose. That are equal at the time. It is no surprise that me adding variety to choice of train happened. I obviously don't want to be lynched.
    Oh, right. I already asked you about this, didn't I? I was looking at the vote record in a vacuum and forgot about that conversation.