Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I mean the answer of the guy has little to do with what wells is saying. It kinda feels like:

Wells: Stop asking your co-worker to have sex with you
    Guy: Are we not allowed to speak to our co-workers?
    Yup, not gonna deal with responses that stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I met my wife in college many decades ago. I do, however, know a great number of WOMEN that are themselves trying to meet people at work for the very reasons I describe. But yes, in a crude way, that's what it comes down to - we are social creatures, and one of the most fundamental drives for (virtually) ALL of us is sex. The idea that we should all just be nothing more than cogs in the machine while at work is absurd to me. If someone asks you out at work, how big a deal is it to simply say "I'm not interested" or "I prefer to keep my personal life at home" or something equivalent. The reality is that the vast majority of us take our personal lives with us to work. We share stories about our kids while waiting for everyone to get on conference calls. We become good friends with people at work. We find gaming buddies, racquetball partners, and such at work. If someone says "no thanks," you don't bring it up again. But somehow the idea that you ask a co-worker if they're interested in having a drink with you... that's harassment? To me, harassment starts once you pester me with personal stuff after I've asked you to stop. No matter what it is.
    How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    *ugh*
    Why do you think women don't enter in STEM education fields?

"Get into science and stuff.. but any research you find that disagrees with my money making scams for my rich friends or myself will be a lie" -Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    To me its not about pushing women into STEM so much as finding a way to reduce the saturation in the liberal arts field and finding ways to encourage people to pursue other courses. Incentivising STEM is just one way of doing that.
    I agree we should be encouraging\promoting all students into STEMs, it's a little dicey when saying we're going to target women and especially if we say incentivize them. If we have data that shows women were wrongly pushed into Liberal Arts degrees, then I could stomach a little incentivizing to make up for past wrongs.

Overall, I think we agree in principal and I wasn't trying to nitpick your words. A number of people on the Left(or at least those who were on the left) are now agreeing that some of the Humanities courses have run off their rails in terms of usefulness and quality. So anything that encourages more folks into the cool fields the better. I just don't like the thought of any type of quota system

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean... They do?
    Well yes duh, some do. But obviously there's a disparity and I'm wondering why this connoisseur of @AntiFemComics thinks that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why do you think women don't enter in STEM education fields?
    I think the women who are interested in it do. And those that are not do not. I also think there are idiots with victim complexes who like to complain about everything.

I think the women who are interested in it do. And those that are not do not. I also think there are idiots with victim complexes who like to complain about everything.
    That's not really answering the question so much as rewording the premise. What do you think causes the disparity?

Well yes duh, some do. But obviously there's a disparity and I'm wondering why this connoisseur of @AntiFemComics thinks that is.
    What does it matter? Let people choose what they want to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    What does it matter? Let people choose what they want to choose.
    I don't see any reason to be necessary beyond academic curiosity, but why women disproportionately make up fields that have lower take home pay is worth exploring.

That's not really answering the question so much as rewording the premise. What do you think causes the disparity?
    I think the women who do not enter the STEM fields are not interested in entering them. Because people like different things and can make choices based on interests. Unless you want there to be some anti-woman conspiracy.

I don't see any reason to be necessary beyond academic curiosity, but why women disproportionately make up fields that have lower take home pay is worth exploring.
    It doesn't need any further xploration, it's what people choose after influences of how they're brought up, friends, family, role models and so on.

Yes. Doing something a time makes one a connoisseur. Please learn what words actually mean before using them. It makes you look like less of an idiot.

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/...sp?current=yes

Fuck, statistics. Also, surprising number of women in stem fields.

I think the women who do not enter the STEM fields are not interested in entering them. Because people like different things and can make choices based on interests. Unless you want there to be some anti-woman conspiracy.
    You're really just rephrasing the hypothesis over and over again.

You're really just rephrasing the hypothesis over and over again.
    You're that dickhead that everyone knows but dislikes because you think you're profound, but are just a smug douche.

You're that dickhead that everyone knows but dislikes because you think you're profound, but are just a smug douche.
    rude

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    It doesn't need any further xploration, it's what people choose after influences of how they're brought up, friends, family, role models and so on.
    I agree that influences in how we're brought up play a major part in it. But where we seem to disagree is on how much it matters that women are brought up to take lower paying fields than men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I agree we should be encouraging\promoting all students into STEMs, it's a little dicey when saying we're going to target women and especially if we say incentivize them. If we have data that shows women were wrongly pushed into Liberal Arts degrees, then I could stomach a little incentivizing to make up for past wrongs.

Overall, I think we agree in principal and I wasn't trying to nitpick your words. A number of people on the Left(or at least those who were on the left) are now agreeing that some of the Humanities courses have run off their rails in terms of usefulness and quality. So anything that encourages more folks into the cool fields the better. I just don't like the thought of any type of quota system
    Yeah I think we're on the same page. I'm just filing any sort of 'incentivize women' under 'any means necessary' as its moving towards the end result I want it to. I don't think its the best solution, but as I approve of the general direction I'll allow it.
    Our whole educational system needs some restructuring, but I don't think a simultaneous massive overhaul is likely or perhaps even practical. I think we're going to have to settle for baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Unless he plans on increasing funding, encouraging scholarships, giving companies incentive, or increasing federal pay, theres nothing he can do.

This is just a bunch of baloney lip service. The women that want to go into STEM are already going into STEM.
    To add onto this. Corporate culture in STEM fields also needs to change, being respectful of Women and their accomplishments. Just take a look at how long it took for Women to get recognized for their part(s) in NASA! (Hidden Figures being an example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    We need to push more women out of other fields and into STEM. You don't agree?
    No and most especially not out of arts and humanities. If anythimg we need more people going into those fields and we need to encourage it. STEM doesnt need any more encourangement, their are more dimensions to human life then how much money can you make.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.