Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoW horses don't.run.like.horses. End of story. You not seeing the differences doesn't make them less of a fact, and I was poking fun at it, but it's still very much true.
    and do world of warcraft dragons fly like real life dragons?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

does anyone know when the xp increase will come? end of the year maybe, for levels 100-110?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and do world of warcraft dragons fly like real life dragons?
    That's a beyond silly comparison when there ARE no real dragons, come on now. As you should know, there are real horses, and it's quite possible for game creators to make horses that don't run very realistically all the same. WoW horses are one such example. The Hearthsteed however, does gallop, whilst other mounts using that same skeleton, run like the original skeleton's (Hippogryph) animations set.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, many other mounts don't move realistically either (boars, mammoths, worgs etc).
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-28 at 11:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a beyond silly comparison when there ARE no real dragons, come on now. As you should know, there are real horses, and it's quite possible for game creators to make horses that don't run very realistically all the same. WoW horses are one such example. The Hearthsteed however, does gallop, whilst other mounts using that same skeleton, run like the original skeleton's (Hippogryph) animations set.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, many other mounts don't move realistically either (boars, mammoths, worgs etc).
    oh? so the hearthsteed does gallop?

idk about you but that looks like pretty much the exact same animation.... just one is much faster, but i will take a closer look
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-28 at 11:13 PM.

oh? so the hearthsteed does gallop?

idk about you but that looks like pretty much the exact same animation....
    But it simply isn't, so your opinion doesn't factor into it... Seriously, the only thing they have in common is that their legs move. The order in which the legs move is different between the 2. The Hearthsteed moves much more true to a real horse, the warlock horse does not.

7+ Year Old Account
    But it simply isn't, so your opinion doesn't factor into it... Seriously, the only thing they have in common is that their legs move. The order in which the legs move is different between the 2. The Hearthsteed moves much more true to a real horse, the warlock horse does not.
    yeah no, your just lying to start shit, they are all three of them pretty much the same animation
    again im showing you they look the exact, or 99% the same, and you havent said WHY they dont look the same? how come they dont look the same? i am legit wondering, is there some subtle differences im not noticing?
    and no btw, the order the legs move is the exact same
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-28 at 11:18 PM.

yeah no, your just lying to start shit, they are all three of them pretty much the same animation
    -_-'

The only one "starting" shit here is you. I was poking fun at it to begin with (because it's a well-known fact of the game to those of us that know this shit). You're not able to spot the differences? Fine by me, but you're akin to someone ignorant about cars trying to argue that 2 engines work the exact same way despite people with know-how explaining differences between them.

Let me guess, you "don't see the difference" here either...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-28 at 11:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    -_-'

The only one "starting" shit here is you. I was poking fun at it to begin with (because it's a well-known fact of the game to those of us that know this shit). You're not able to spot the differences? Fine by me, but you're akin to someone ignorant about cars trying to argue that 2 engines work the exact same way despite people with know-how explaining differences between them.
    except you ARE NOT explaining the difference here

see these two birds, tell me what is different between them... oh you want me to tell you? lol any smart person would be able to tell, you tell me

your the one making the joke that "it looks like a dog its stupid" and i pointed out it really doesent, it matches a real life horse very well, then said the hearthsteed matches a real horse but the lock mount doesent, i then showed you they use the same animation and you say "no your stupid" they look competetly different, with no examples at all

its not a perfect animation, but it does look like an actual horse, not a dog

except you ARE NOT explaining the difference here

see these two birds, tell me what is different between them... oh you want me to tell you? lol any smart person would be able to tell, you tell me

your the one making the joke that "it looks like a dog its stupid" and i pointed out it really doesent, it matches a real life horse very well, then said the hearthsteed matches a real horse but the lock mount doesent, i then showed you they use the same animation and you say "no your stupid" they look competetly different, with no examples at all

its not a perfect animation, but it does look like an actual horse, not a dog
    I've given you plenty of examples and linked posts and videos and charts. Boy, you REALLY hate being wrong, don't you?
    It can't be explained any clearer than this; The warlock mount doesn't move its legs and body like a proper horse does when it gallops. Fact, end of story. The Hearthsteed does it more realistically than any other horse in this game, but you're not able to spot the difference so there's that.

And we're not discussing those birds here, we're discussing something where YOU have denied that there's a difference, when the difference is a fact because... feels? However, if you tell me what the difference is (if any) between those birds, I'd be inclined to believe you since I don't know much about birds. I do however, know horses and their movement.

Here's another post of me and other people taking note of when the original Deathcharger animations (galloping) was changed to the bog standard WoW "horse" animations way back when, guess I and they were all "lying to start shit" as well?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1115861849

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ger-animations
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-28 at 11:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    -_-'

Let me guess, you "don't see the difference" here either...
    ohhhhhh i think i see it now the old horse has a much more stable body , where the new one is alot more bouncy but i cannot pick up anything with the legs really

oh wait in much slower i noticed the legs are different

>no wings

Dropped

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I openly extend an invitation to blizzard to come to my farm & see how a horse actually moves any time. Drives me nuts how horribly they animate the movement of a horse. It's just so far off the mark it's not even funny.
    I don't have a farm (jelly) but I too would invite them to accept your invitation.
    A game which does the horse movement quite nicely (albeit a bit stiff), is Archeage, in terms of how the horses animate. As a horse-nut, I can find immense joy in seeing them move, and when an in-game horse moves realistically it takes me back to riding myself. Hard to explain it, but I suspect you understand what I'm trying to say.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a farm (jelly) but I too would invite them to accept your invitation.
    A game which does the horse movement quite nicely (albeit a bit stiff), is Archeage, in terms of how the horses animate. As a horse-nut, I can find immense joy in seeing them move, and when an in-game horse moves realistically it takes me back to riding myself. Hard to explain it, but I suspect you understand what I'm trying to say.

idk why but reading your comment made me think of this.... XD

but yeah looking at that video of them in slow motion i can see the differences now, but i dont think its "horrible" but i do see it isent very realistic, but doesent look like a dog :P
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-01 at 12:04 AM.

So their fix to the legendaries was seriously the shitty kadala system.....why the fuck do i still play this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    >no wings

Dropped
    >>>/out/
    you dont belong in THIS cesspool

Deleted
    Cool galloping goats !

ohhhhhh i think i see it now the old horse has a much more stable body , where the new one is alot more bouncy but i cannot pick up anything with the legs really

oh wait in much slower i noticed the legs are different
    The pre-3.0 animation is the closer of the 2 to accurate, but it's still pretty bad. A horse in a gallop will actually be supporting it's full weight on a single front foot during part of the stride. That never occurs in the current animation. And frankly if I had one that ran like they do right now I wouldn't keep them. The only time a horse moves with that much bounce is when it's bucking.