Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Can we realistically expect 7.2 (without ToS) to hit in Late April - Early May?

I think it seems a bit too early, but with a bit of luck, maybe? If not, when shall we be getting it?

If I remember correctly, 7.1.5 hit the PTR in ~20 November, then we got it on January, but given that the patch was way smaller, 7.2 hit the PTR about a month ago (~January 20th).

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    June 20th...
    Any sauce, or just a guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Any sauce, or just a guess?
    He's most likely guessing as Blizzard isn't going to hold a patch for four months just to try and one up (which wouldn't work anyway) FFXIV: Stormblood. I expect the non-raid portion of the patch to launch at the end of March or sometime in April.

Now that is a good estimate.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    I hope they split raid-tier from the non-content improvements. Patch as soon as possible but ToS can wait till june imo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I hope they split raid-tier from the non-content improvements. Patch as soon as possible but ToS can wait till june imo :P
    They've said that's the plan as far back as BlizzCon.

7.2 is probably going to be some time in April, and then ToS will release June 20th to counter Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, in typical Blizzard fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    7.2 is probably going to be some time in April, and then ToS will release June 20th to counter Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, in typical Blizzard fashion.
    Stormblood may only drag customers away for what a month tops. most people who arent playing FFIV arent going to stop playing wow for FFIV
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

new content brings new ppl

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think early April is most likely. They put almost all important content already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Stormblood may only drag customers away for what a month tops. most people who arent playing FFIV arent going to stop playing wow for FFIV
    I honestly thought of swapping as they are adding red mage which is my favorite ff job. Then I played the trial, say what you want about WoW boy does that combat drag on.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    I honestly thought of swapping as they are adding red mage which is my favorite ff job. Then I played the trial, say what you want about WoW boy does that combat drag on.
    That's a design flaw of FFXIV, most of the off global cooldown abilities and mechanics come into play later into the game, at that point combat stops feeling slow but leaves that bad taste because of the starting experience, that and almost everything else in FFXIV gets better the longer you play though, so if you're interested by all means keep playing you may end up loving the game

I would honestly expect 7.2 in 4-5 weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    He's most likely guessing as Blizzard isn't going to hold a patch for four months just to try and one up (which wouldn't work anyway) FFXIV: Stormblood. I expect the non-raid portion of the patch to launch at the end of March or sometime in April.

Now that is a good estimate.
    if anything the raid will release june 20th, because they held back HFC beta to drop same time as other mmos
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if anything the raid will release june 20th, because they held back HFC beta to drop same time as other mmos
    No, besides, it doesn't work with dedicated fans who are going to and/or play it it already. I always find it funny that people actually think Blizzard actively tries to sabotage other MMO releases when this shit is already planned out in advance. Development doesn't work like that and when it does happen its just coincidence.

"Here guys new raid, please don't go play their new MMO expansion with two new classes, tons of new story, zones, and quests."

Sure is going to work on me

Besides, I'm sure a lot of people at Blizzard want to play it as well.

IMO, put the tinfoil hat away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traum3n View Post
    That's a design flaw of FFXIV, most of the off global cooldown abilities and mechanics come into play later into the game, at that point combat stops feeling slow but leaves that bad taste because of the starting experience, that and almost everything else in FFXIV gets better the longer you play though, so if you're interested by all means keep playing you may end up loving the game
    Yup, most people that complain about the combat being slow obviously don't make it past levels 30-40. At level 60 my monk and dragoon are more frantic/complex than most melee classes in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, besides, it doesn't work with dedicated fans who are going to and/or play it it already. I always find it funny that people actually think Blizzard actively tries to sabotage other MMO releases when this shit is already planned out in advance. Development doesn't work like that and when it does happen its just coincidence.

"Here guys new raid, please don't go play their new MMO expansion with two new classes, tons of new story, zones, and quests."

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, most people that complain about the combat being slow obviously don't make it past levels 30-40. At level 60 my monk and dragoon are more frantic/complex than most melee classes in WoW.
    uhhh no, they do.... companies do this all the time.... im suprised you dident know this...

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhh no, they do.... companies do this all the time.... im suprised you dident know this...
    Been following WoW patches since the game came out and playing videogames for nearly 40 years, yeah no, its not done intentionally most of the time.

Again, put that tinfoil hat away and quit trying to find reasons to think Blizzard is constantly trying sabotage everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been following WoW patches since the game came out and playing videogames for nearly 40 years, yeah no, its not done intentionally most of the time.

Again, put that tinfoil hat away and quit trying to find reasons to think Blizzard is constantly trying sabotage everything.
    lol what? wow... well... i will put my "tin foil hat" on... again? i.. guess? and you put your maid uniform made for children on...

but i guess patch 6.2 (hellfire citidal) and final fantasy's expansion heavensward launching on the SAME EXACT DAY june 23erd was 1000000% coincidence...

also cataclysm's 4.3 launched the first tuesday before swtors launch day for those who pre-ordered

or all of these games releasing int he spam of 24 hours
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-01 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what? wow... well... i will put my "tin foil hat" on... again? i.. guess? and you put your maid uniform made for children on...
    I' can drop maid costume screenshots all day!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

wanna avatar bet or something? 20th june week for the patch versus your thoery.