Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Any sauce, or just a guess?
    FFXIV expansion release. WoW has released something in competition with it on every one of bits big patches. No reason to expect anything different this time.

Deleted
    probably end of March. @FelPlague hey mate do you agree?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    FFXIV expansion release. WoW has released something in competition with it on every one of bits big patches. No reason to expect anything different this time.
    I don t see blizzard delaying 7.2 till june, but maybe they ll release another piece of content in june.

Also, people seems to forget teso expansion is being released early june.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I would honestly expect 7.2 in 4-5 weeks.
    Kappa? or nah
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I think the patch will be in march and the raid in april

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    wanna avatar bet or something? 20th june week for the patch versus your thoery.
    I can do you one better, name me one patch that stayed on the PTR longer than 4+ months. They also said non-raid content from the patch would release much sooner btw.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I would honestly expect 7.2 in 4-5 weeks.
    to soon, 7.2 removes the cutting edge of guldan lot of guilds would be upset
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I don t see blizzard delaying 7.2 till june, but maybe they ll release another piece of content in june.

TESO just isn't enough competition. It's a fine game and all, but it's player base is much smaller to the point where I doubt blizzard even cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    TESO just isn't enough competition. It's a fine game and all, but it's player base is much smaller to the point where I doubt blizzard even cares.
    Teso player population is currently higher than the one from ffxiv. Teso on consoles even outsold heavensward as it was released on the same timeframe(you can check the charts if yiu don t believe me)..

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    They can do that whenever they want. It won't trigger with the patch's release.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I think it seems a bit too early, but with a bit of luck, maybe? If not, when shall we be getting it?

If I remember correctly, 7.1.5 hit the PTR in ~20 November, then we got it on January, but given that the patch was way smaller, 7.2 hit the PTR about a month ago (~January 20th).

What do you think?
    According to what they had said in terms of Nighthold progression being only part done when the patch hits in terms of the average player, April is definitely a reasonable thought. Problem is I could see them holding off until May if only because April is when the Ungoro Hearthstone expansion is coming out. Most of the stuff on the PTR other than the raid is fairly solid at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    probably end of March. @FelPlague hey mate do you agree?
    omfg please stop pretending were friends... it creeps me out...

Not necessarily. It says "before the release of the next raid tier" or something. They 100% said they expected players to still be working on Nighthold when the patch hits.

as i said above, mostl ikely the patch will release april, with the raid releasing june to counter the FF14 thing
    but as the weebo said earlier "blizzard has never competed with another company, releasing purposly on the same day, simply coincidence when it happened" even though it happens alot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as i said above, mostl ikely the patch will release april, with the raid releasing june to counter the FF14 thing
    but as the weebo said earlier "blizzard has never competed with another company, releasing purposly on the same day, simply coincidence when it happened" even though it happens alot
    As I already stated blizzard may simply release another piece of content in june. ToS only has 10 bosses and usually wow raid tiers have more, so they might pull another ToV like raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Been following WoW patches since the game came out and playing videogames for nearly 40 years, yeah no, its not done intentionally most of the time.

Again, put that tinfoil hat away and quit trying to find reasons to think Blizzard is constantly trying sabotage everything.

While I have not kept up on Bliz's antics in this area for a long time, this has been a fairly common strategy for them over the years... even when they almost completely dominated the market. In fact, the friends of mine that pointed this out to me did so during Vanilla, so the practice goes back that far.

To be fair here, this is not even remotely something that just Bliz does (and it not exclusive to the gaming industry). It is a very-very common business practice.

As I already stated blizzard may simply release another piece of content in june. ToS only has 10 bosses and usually wow raid tiers have more, so they might pull another ToV like raid.
    ??? if 7.2 comes out in april, that iwll mean 2 months to june, and they allrrady stated TOS would release sometime after 7.2, and that 7.2 would come out well still in nighthold

so 7.2 coming in april with tos coming out in june would make sese

They can do that whenever they want. It won't trigger with the patch's release.
    no i mean it will be unobtainable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Not necessarily. It says "before the release of the next raid tier" or something. They 100% said they expected players to still be working on Nighthold when the patch hits.
    if they dont release tomb with this patch.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Tomb won't release yet with the patch, but honestly there's not too much more to add to anything in this patch before it is complete.

They're still adding some icons and rewards, but a lot of it is already in the balancing phase. Updates after this will probably see a lot of polishing.

My gut says they'll release in 6 weeks. But I am often a little too positive, so my guess will be 7.

But 7.2 isn't going to do anything about cutting edge. We'll still have about 10 weeks of of episodic questing to do before the raid opens up after the patch is released. That's the day Cutting edge goes away, not before.