Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Says something that one of the best states of the us was stolen
    Not sure about the "best" part. Hot and dry shit hole imo... but to each their own. You're right though. Mexico should get California back. People included.

No "backsies"
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Provides example of a problem caused by illegal immigrants.
    "lol how could you dumbasses be against illegal immigration"
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I cannot attest to California or New Mexico as I do not know that much about those state's histories. But Texas was it's own country for quite sometime before it decided to become part of the US. We won our independence from Mexico. Every native Texan grows up knowing this. Just ask one.
    The US did not "steal" Texas from Mexico.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution
    Of course, but I was simply saying that Texas was a part of Mexico that war Americanized through migration and eventually was annexed by the United States.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Everyone who goes to school in Texas has to take Texas history, we know how Texas independence was not part of any American war.
    Aren't texas schools also teaching about flat earth, creationism, and allowing guns in classrooms ? (the latter has been covered by mmo champ)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If it means living and not dieing from poverty related shit that's forced on them by high corruption, civil wars, or other shit that happens that makes them likely to be killed then yes. They should be allowed to just up sticks and come have a chance of life.

Or we going to play the game of "Oh you're going to die if you cross a line on the map. Please do so quietly and don't let your blood spill over because for some reason this line proves that somehow I am 100% superior to you in every way even though birth is the only thing separating us."
    Open borders are, in general, not a thing because it's not as simple as just letting people in. If you think it is you're being incredibly naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't texas schools also teaching about flat earth, creationism, and allowing guns in classrooms ? (the latter has been covered by mmo champ)
    Give it a break kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Give it a break kid.
    Just sayin', mexican schools don't teach creationism and climate change denial, so maybe us children would be in better hands if the mexicans were in charge

Just sayin', mexican schools don't teach creationism and climate change denial, so maybe us children would be in better hands if the mexicans were in charge
    Neither do US schools. You're painting with a broad brush, and I'm not sure if you're a troll or just a dumbass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God-King Skovald View Post
    Considering where Mexican students rank in Reading, Science, and Maths, I think this is just another case of a braindead European speaking out of order.
    Looked at the top 50 list and couldn't find stormheim either, so i suggest you tone it down kiddo

Are you really asking me as a single Frenchman to be accountable from all of my country's past wrongdoings ? That is asinine at best

Now please respond americans, when are you going to make amend and give back stolen states ?
    Is this satire or are you being ironic on purpose?

Also yeah, as Zenkai said, Mexico can have California.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Is this satire or are you being ironic on purpose?

Also yeah, as Zenkai said, Mexico can have California.
    Texas first.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Everyone who goes to school in Texas has to take Texas history, we know how Texas independence was not part of any American war. Let's hear your inane version. Prove me wrong with your version of how Texas history went. I guess Texas did not gain it's independence from Mexico, the United States had to bail Texas out in a war somehow and every student in Texas is learning the wrong history. Let's hear your version
    What I was specifically referring to here is the role that "Anglo" migration into Texas played in the tensions that sparked the rebellion. Example:

Mexican authorities became increasingly concerned about the stability of the region.[6] The colonies teetered at the brink of revolt in 1829, after Mexico abolished slavery.[17] In response, President Anastasio Bustamante implemented the Laws of April 6, 1830, which, among other things, prohibited further immigration to Texas from the United States, increased taxes, and reiterated the ban on slavery.[18] Settlers simply circumvented or ignored the laws. By 1834, an estimated 30,000 Anglos lived in Coahuila y Tejas,[19] compared to only 7,800 Mexican-born residents.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God-King Skovald View Post
    Considering where Mexican students rank in Reading, Science, and Maths even when compared to their American counterparts, I think this is just another classic case of a silly European speaking out of line.

You're probably better off sticking within European comfort zones...like fashion, futbol, and fey little cars.
    Well it's easy to feel good about yourself when you use third world countries as a point of comparison. The US's performance in Reading, Science and Maths isn't much to write home about.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/pi...6-12?r=US&IR=T

Average on Reading and Science, lagging on Maths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with the Mexican-American War. It's how we gained states like California, New Mexico and Texas. America has always been picking fights or buying up land for the purpose of manifest destiny.

We also went to war with Spain and annexed Puerto Rico and Guam (and the Phillipines which we gave up).
    Yup the US used the sinking of the Maine as an excuse to mop the floor with Spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What I was specifically referring to here is the role that "Anglo" migration into Texas played in the tensions that sparked the rebellion. Example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's easy to feel good about yourself when you use third world countries as a point of comparison. The US's performance in Reading, Science and Maths isn't much to write home about.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/pi...6-12?r=US&IR=T

Average on Reading and Science, lagging on Maths.
    Where do you think those "anglos" originated from?

How does your country rank in those rankings? What is your country? Odds are it is smaller and less populous than Texas, just one of the US states.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-03-01 at 03:59 AM.

Where do you think those "anglos" originated from?

How does your country rank in those rankings? What is your country? Odds are it is smaller and less populous than Texas, just one of the US states.
    I don't know what you're trying to say here. Obviously the article was referring to US immigrants into Mexican Texas when it said "Anglos".

And why would my country be relevant? My point was just that comparing a first world country like the US to a third world one like Mexico is pretty silly.

For the record, it's Australia, it's higher than the US on all three indicators, and personally I think our education system sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Neither do American schools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    So your idea to being safe from outrage of illegal immigrants, is to not punish them for illegal actions?

That's some backwards logic. What's next? Do not imprison murderers because you are afraid they are going to murder you in revenge?
    Branding all illegal immigrants as criminals is pretty crazy, if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to say here. Obviously the article was referring to US immigrants into Mexican Texas when it said "Anglos".

And why would my country be relevant? My point was just that comparing a first world country like the US to a third world one like Mexico is pretty silly.

For the record, it's Australia, it's higher than the US on all three indicators, and personally I think our education system sucks.
    American "Anglos" originally came from Europe. Just as Australian "Anglos" did.

Many Tejanos fought for Texas independence. Juan Saguin comes to mind. It is where we get the name of the "Saguin River" here. Jose Navarro, signed the Texas Declaration of Independence and has county named after him. He also served on the Senate. Lorenzo de Zavala also signed the Texas Declaration of Independence and has a town name after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Branding all illegal immigrants as criminals is pretty crazy, if that's what you mean.
    There is a real irony in using the term "illegal" and then claiming they aren't criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Texas first.
    Very doubtful that the US would want to give up that 85% of gasoline production.

Very doubtful that the US would want to give up that 85% of gasoline production.
    just as doubtful as the Us wanting to lose one of the top economic centers in the world?