15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    >greentexting on anything other than 4chan

lol
    I literally don't even care. I also don't like indie games other than bastion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    They might not. Halo, for example, was developed by Bungie but is owned by Microsoft. Of course, I don't think Sony would be particularly averse to selling the rights to them if they wanted to make a sequel (but I doubt there'd be much interest in a sequel/port of a 10 year old anime game anyways). Besides, why ask for Rogue Galaxy when they're working on Ni No Kuni 2?
    Shenmue 3? Animeish i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Blaster Master Zero is the only indie game on that list that matters and I'll be buying it twice for my Switch and 3DS (for a friend :P ). Pocket Rumble too!

Also, the Wonderboy games but I'll probably get those on Steam instead.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way I thought Rogue Galaxy was one of the best ps2 games. Top 10 for me. One of my favorite rpgs. Never played Ninu Kuni though, so might pick it up if its available on a platform I own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Blaster Master Zero is the only indie game on that list that matters and I'll be buying it twice for my Switch and 3DS (for a friend :P ). Pocket Rumble too!

Also, the Wonderboy games but I'll probably get those on Steam instead.
    I haven't played many Indie games, because I cant be asked to sit at a desk and play a game like that. Switch for me, is the perfect excuse to play a ton of games I missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I literally don't even care. I also don't like indie games other than bastion.
    just because theyre indie games doesnt make them bad
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Shenmue 3? Animeish i guess
    Nah, not really. Plus, Shenmue has a big cult following, whereas Rogue Galaxy kind of doesn't. Rogue Galaxy on PS2 didn't break 1 million copies sold. Shenmue 1 on Dreamcast sold 1.2 million.

Either way I thought Rogue Galaxy was one of the best ps2 games. Top 10 for me. One of my favorite rpgs. Never played Ninu Kuni though, so might pick it up if its available on a platform I own.
    Ni No Kuni is only available in English on PS3. Ni No Kuni 2 will be on PC and PS4 (and your specs tell me your computer will easily be able to handle it).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't played many Indie games, because I cant be asked to sit at a desk and play a game like that. Switch for me, is the perfect excuse to play a ton of games I missed out on.
    I understand and share that same sentiment but I'm also going to start mass recording my play sessions in a couple of months and that won't be feasible with the Switch. I'll probably snag Blaster Master Zero on a Steam (I'll be surprised if it doesn't come to Steam but we'll see) sale later just to record it as well. :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just because theyre indie games doesnt make them bad
    Well of course not. They're bad because they're bad and have no production values.

Well of course not. They're bad because they're bad and have no production values.
    Your loss on a lot of great games.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must know very little about these games if you think titles like Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig, and Shovel Knight have 'no production value'. That being said, this is still totally worthless b/c I've already bought most of these games on one if not two platforms and will not be buying it a third time on a less optimized system without achievements.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You must know very little about these games if you think titles like Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig, and Shovel Knight have 'no production value'. That being said, this is still totally worthless b/c I've already bought most of these games on one if not two platforms and will not be buying it a third time on a less optimized system without achievements.
    I mean you guys can tell that to my near 400 games steam list filled with indies ive tried to like but are horrible. Call me when they're at least as good as dragon crown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Nah, not really. Plus, Shenmue has a big cult following, whereas Rogue Galaxy kind of doesn't. Rogue Galaxy on PS2 didn't break 1 million copies sold. Shenmue 1 on Dreamcast sold 1.2 million.

Ni No Kuni is only available in English on PS3. Ni No Kuni 2 will be on PC and PS4 (and your specs tell me your computer will easily be able to handle it).
    Wasn't that because the next gens systems were already out and it kind of jsut slipped through the cracks? I thought it was fantastic regardless. I also dont have a ps3 anymore, so sucks for me. Guess Ill never play a Ni Nu Kuni. Maybe they will release it on ps4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The "a lot" is absolutely relative. If you love FPS there isn't much to be found among the indies, same for a lot of other genres.
    The overwhelming majority of them are 2D sidescrollers, the few 3D titles are mostly just shit (asset flips) as well.

There are gems, but you usually need a lot of sifting to find them and then it's entirely possible that they aren't in the category of games you are looking for.

Maybe they will release it on ps4?
    I say its likely it will get a remaster at some point or it will be put on PSNow.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

>indies

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooope
    oh hey theres some cool games on this list.

That i played on other platforms years ago and have no need to purchase new hardware to play again :/

Still looking like a zelda box thus far. Where da video games nintendo?

Hey so someone I know claims that the Switch is a waste of time to purchase because she claims any game that can be put on the Switch can be played on her Iphone 6 plus.

I looked at the specs and I think she is incorrect. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnork58 View Post
    Hey so someone I know claims that the Switch is a waste of time to purchase because she claims any game that can be put on the Switch can be played on her Iphone 6 plus.

Yes she would be incorrect....

Even if they could doesn't mean they will.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    *shrugs* There's supposed to be stock at every single store beyond the pre-orders according to the head of Nintendo NA. I'll check out the midnight opening near me and see if I can't get one.
    Yeah I expect Walmart to have a few at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    A lot of the announcements really impact you differently based on what systems you have/use obviously.

As a PC gamer, I'm excited by a lot of the indies today (that I haven't bought on PC) because I like the idea of TV/Portable for games I might normally use steam for.

Since I don't own a PS4 or Xbone, any 'big market' title to me is cool to me since I'll be able to play it now if I so desire.

Since I don't own a WiiU, any nintendo exclusive, but a port, still interests me a lot (MK8 especially).

Basically, since the last console I bought was a Wii, and nearly all the gaming I've done since is PC, the Switch is hitting a lot of good notes for me but I can see why it might not be hitting all those notes for PS4/Xbone/WiiU owners.
    I've been a PC gamer since 2004 which replaced my console gaming as I played FPS competitively, I bought a PS3 and it was a big mistake I feel like Sony and Xbox are just want to be PCs with worse controls and graphics, the whole graphics war between those two consoles is pointless they are doing nothing but gimping them selves and the gaming industry as both sides are too worried about eachother and the fan boys fuel that fight as if they have shares/own the companies.

My room mate has a Wii U , I was so impressed in how fun their games are especially Mario Kart 8, the cartoon graphics 60fps is such a nice experience there's no wonder why Nintendo don't truly commit to 3rd party as their art style isn't so resource hungry I don't understand why many on here believe they need 3rd party "next gen games" as all they are ports from previous generations with updated textures.

I also scratch my head why people even bother arguing graphics when PC makes the argument redundant.

I like the Wii U I think Nintendo does a good job making console games that are only made to be played on console, the arcade Type of games consoles used to be known for, not this "aaa" cinematic 25fps mess Sony and Xbox put out... and most of those games are FPS titles why you play an FPS game on console is beyond me.

Nintendo seems not to care what the others are doing if they did they'd make a wannabe PC like the others.

Nintendo will survive imo, PlayStation and Xbox will die if they don't adapt, if you look around the market you'll see kids playing mobile games more and more, and esports is rapidly growing which is generally PC's market and kids LOVE IT.

The only thing holding PlayStation and Xbox up is games exclusive to them and the consumers are tricked into thinking they are getting something very special when basically most of them are named "reskinned game x number 123456789 @25fps DLC25"
    Last edited by mehow2g; 2017-03-01 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnork58 View Post

There is a chance someone will emulate it at some point on pc. I am no techie when it comes to architecture but you can barely emulate Wii games on good PCs let alone Wii U/switch games on an iphone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    gaming industry as both sides are too worried about eachother and the fan boys fuel that fight as if they have shares/own the companies.
    This is the same with PC fanboys too and their holier than thou Xbox/PS4 are just shitty PCs brigade. Console exclusives are regularly regarded as some of the best games of the year for a reason. I thoroughly enjoyed my Batman port on my PC last year...