Deleted

Trinket advice for Fire mage..

Which would you use -

Whispers in the Dark 880
    or
    Erratic Metronome 870
    or
    Unstable ArcanoCrystal 865 ?

I have a lack of crit so I really don't like losing it.
    Cheers

I am currently using whispers and arcanocrystal even though metronome is supposedly higher on the sim list.

I really hate all this haste gear and how it messes with our rotation when all procs are up. Fireballs become 0.8 seconds cast and it's impossible to not waste any hot heating up or hot streaks procs at that point.

Plus it sims higher for me than metronome. I would sim your char.

whispers+arcanocrystal i think, if metronome was 890+ - whispers+metronome

The thing about Arcanocrystal is, its only really good if you need that crit on it.

If you're above 55% crit without it. Whispers + Metronome would be better for single target.

Not sure what trinkets you have for AoE, but there are much better trinket combinations out there for AoE.

If you haven't seen it already, here is an excellent video breaking down the current state of Fire Mage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dj-NYEYZY

Quote Originally Posted by Crys1s View Post
    whispers+arcanocrystal i think, if metronome was 890+ - whispers+metronome
    Pretty much this, the int scaling on Metronome will push it past Arcanocrystal when you go above 890 or 895, before that due to the extremely overbudgeted nature of Arcanocrystal, it's just flatout better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    If you're above 55% crit without it. Whispers + Metronome would be better for single target.
    lol I would love to be above 50% crit right now due to the gearing changes..... I'm now @ 45% @ 904ilvl
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    lol I would love to be above 50% crit right now due to the gearing changes..... I'm now @ 45% @ 904ilvl
    How is that even possible?

If you're just throwing anything on, even if it doesn't have crit, you're most likely gearing wrong.

You'll do a ton more dps at 895 iLvl with 55-60% crit than you would at 904 iLvl with 45

If you're just throwing anything on, even if it doesn't have crit, you're most likely gearing wrong.

You'll do a ton more dps at 895 iLvl with 55-60% crit than you would at 904 iLvl with 45
    Not sure that is correct with the new intellect values. Guess you just have to sim.

Deleted

Same here, 904 equipped, around 47-48%, I sim my stats quite often and crit really isn't the strongest in all cases. For a while, haste ranked higher, at the moment crit is a little above again. The general answer for this thread is, as it is often, sim it I run 860 Arcano and 895 Star Gate at the moment (no luck with the other 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Same here, 904 equipped, around 47-48%, I sim my stats quite often and crit really isn't the strongest in all cases. For a while, haste ranked higher, at the moment crit is a little above again. The general answer for this thread is, as it is often, sim it I run 860 Arcano and 895 Star Gate at the moment (no luck with the other 2).
    Crit may not sim higher, but trust me.. for ease of gameplay, it will generally net more dps.

If you aren't 55% crit or so, you're probably better off getting more crit in most cases.

Unless you're super min-maxing, and know exactly what you're doing, sims will only take you so far.

Deleted
    I've seen mage dylemma doing really big dps with ~40% crit and he says ilvl>everything

Deleted

This is wrong. While you would like to have crit on all your pieces of cloth, a 10 ilvl upgrade is a better item regardless the stats. 2 set will guarantee a smooth enough critflow. The only exception here is about necklace and ring as they do not provide int.

Have in mind that 10 ilvl difference overall would net on around 6k int loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    This is wrong. While you would like to have crit on all your pieces of cloth, a 10 ilvl upgrade is a better item regardless the stats. 2 set will guarantee a smooth enough critflow. The only exception here is about necklace and ring as they do not provide int.

There is zero reason not to have crit on every slot if you are clearing NH, there is a piece in there for every slot excepting 4th piece in 4pc and a trinket. I put together a list of gear wanted from NH, tier head and trinket only ones w/o crit.

I doubt anyone has a complete set of gear 10 iLvl higher than what they have equipped.

Think alot of people overlook the value of crit, sure 2pc smooths of non-fireball crit streak but it does nothing for you after that crit fireball. In that the Pyro! you are tossing has a 15-20% less chance to crit. It's those massive periods of time between Combust where our sustain DPS is crushed. Those non-crit fireballs, are the main issue but to then get a non-crit pyro, just want to cry.

OP, best advice I have seen for trinkets and NH is to maintain 2 sets, one more ST orientated, the other more AoE orientated. There is no trinket in NH like Wiggling Sinew in EN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post

This. Can also confirm that I'm at 900ilvl and siting on 50% crit flat...Crit is amazing, but INT is still king.

Issue is purely that the gear I have is the highest DPS currently due to ilvl as such I have "low" crit you really don't notice too much thanks to the tier pieces.

I have tier helm but would prefer trillax helm but that wont solve everything as I will have to wear a non crit tier piece anyway, my neck is a 900 socketed so quite hard to beat without another socketed (no crit on it though), all other items are crit related items but without "crit" trinkets your crit will remain low.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ystra/advanced

I sim every time I have a possibility of an upgrade and yet my stat weights are across are below but pretty much up till now I have been suggested to get int/haste/crit/vers/mastery

Ranking Crit ~= Int ~= Vers ~= Haste > Mastery
    Last edited by Salystra; 2017-03-02 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Having bracers and koralon devalues crit even more for me to the point that if i run cinderstorm haste is higher than crit
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Having bracers and koralon devalues crit even more for me to the point that if i run cinderstorm haste is higher than crit
    Yes, haste will sim higher than crit, in almost every instance (so long as you set sims to never run out of mana).

Bracers do not devalue crit, just Koralon's

Quote Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
    This. Can also confirm that I'm at 900ilvl and siting on 50% crit flat...Crit is amazing, but INT is still king.
    I think you're confusing the king, which is crit.

If you were sitting at 35% crit, you would do shit dps. That's just a fact.

As it was said earlier in the thread, it'd damn near impossible to be over 900 iLvl and below 50% crit.

If you are below 50% and above 900 iLvl currently, you're gearing wrong. That's just how it is.

I'd like to see some logs of people with 45% crit. Post em if you got 'em.

Deleted
    https://youtu.be/qamdZVAYH1wmaybe not logs but still myth elisande pov with 40% critu

Yes, haste will sim higher than crit, in almost every instance (so long as you set sims to never run out of mana).

Bracers do not devalue crit, just Koralon's

I think you're confusing the king, which is crit.

If you were sitting at 35% crit, you would do shit dps. That's just a fact.

As it was said earlier in the thread, it'd damn near impossible to be over 900 iLvl and below 50% crit.

If you are below 50% and above 900 iLvl currently, you're gearing wrong. That's just how it is.

I'd like to see some logs of people with 45% crit. Post em if you got 'em.
    You do realize that 2pc and belt devalue crit big time, relative to haste, right? With Int and SP having a very high value as we gain more overall secondary stats, crit loses a lot of value as well with this current 2pc alone.

I use 910 Whispers and 865 Arcano with Crit gem. For me Arcano sims around 3k more, then a 900 Metro. Seems like its very individual

- - - Updated - - -

Im at 47%. And i dont have any issues with playing 95%+. Think can even go lower, like 44ish if i get a high metronome