Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Why buyable and not free like they should be? We already pay a subscription, stop asking to give your money away dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    To be fair Subscriptions fee is just to cover the cost for the server because that isn't cheap.

[...]

So let us do the math.....246 servers times 349 each = 85854 if on sale. If no sale 246 times 668 = 164328$ a month.
    At $15/month, that'd be covered by less than 11,000 subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, we do not see new races come out with each Expansion.... For example, WOTLK, WoD, and Legion did not release any playable races so now they're piling up.

If we were to count sub-races and races we would have it would be over 10 that are missing for both factions.
    If you count sub-races as being variants on skins of the base model, we've gotten it or new race(s) every single expansion.

TBC: Draenei and Blood Elves are added.
    WotLK: DKs have unique skins.
    Cataclysm: Worgen and Goblins are updated and made into playable races.
    MoP: Pandaren are added.
    WoD: They updated 20 skeletons, models, and created completely new rigging for each model.
    Legion: DH have unique skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW is all about 99.9% of content being available buying the expansion and paying a monthly fee.

Store Mounts/Pets/Helmets was a bad move.
    The more Blizzard adds to the "store" the more players will feel robbed, and the more players will drop the game.

For many players, all it takes is ONE more step in the wrong direction and Blizzard will lose the edge they've had all this time over other MMOs.

"Premium" Races is a stupid idea.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-02-27 at 06:48 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Yes please! I want to play as Man'ari already! Goddamn!

10+ Year Old Account
    New skins for existing models. Dark Iron Dwarf, Fel Orc, etc I'd be fine with since its purely cosmetic, like the helmets and the mounts and pets.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

World of Warcraft has been out for twelve years. However, the game has not released four races and subraces. Some of these races such as Hozen (Horde), and Jinyu (Alliance) have been already introduced to the game five years ago in mists of Pandaria. However, don't even get me started on Ogres, High Elves, and Subraces because it is the same case.

So my question is instead of making players wait 5 years for playable races to be released with an expansion. Would ANYONE be against paying blizzard to create playable races & sub-races to be RELEASED as the expansion goes on?

For example, players buy Races and & Subraces separately like in game store mounts. Instead of waiting for an expansion to see them.

Because let's be honest guys this current method for new races is really slow...and makes the game not feel like Warcraft with a large chunk of races missing for factions.
    Why do you assume every race (and sub race) should be playable on the game?

Also, fuck adding stuff to the shop when you already buy the expansion box and a monthly rate. Shop is like triple-dipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why do you assume every race (and sub race) should be playable on the game?

Also, fuck adding stuff to the shop when you already buy the expansion box and a monthly rate. Shop is like triple-dipping.
    triple dipping for purely COSMETIC changes.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Not at all, as long as race is purely cosmetic, and looks like it's worth my money.

I.e. I wouldn't pay for a darker skinned Draenei with red eyes. But I would pay ($15-20) for a Naga.

Re. "race advantages" I can't help but lol at the undying min-maxers. But sure, add B2P races without any racials, I couldn't care less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    New skins for existing models. Dark Iron Dwarf, Fel Orc, etc I'd be fine with since it's purely cosmetic, like the helmets and the mounts and pets.
    pretty much what I was thinking. Because I rather pay 10 bucks to help fund to make it happen.Instead of waiting another 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why do you assume every race (and sub-race) should be playable on the game?

Also, fuck adding stuff to the shop when you already buy the expansion box and a monthly rate. The shop is like triple-dipping.
    Lore, that is why. Races are mostly cosmetic anyway, on how you as a player want your character to look.

I'm pretty sure we can wish for more, but truth is the game has been out for 12 going on 13 years. I'd rather help pay for new races than this waiting game. "We should get that for free" crap sounding like a child.

The best part is, it's mostly cosmetic. You don't have to play that race there others.
    Last edited by Haselden; 2017-03-01 at 12:13 PM.

So my question is instead of making players wait 5 years for playable races to be released with an expansion. Would ANYONE be against paying blizzard to create playable races & sub-races to be RELEASED as the expansion goes on?
    Yes, I am against that.

We are paying more than enough already, and we aren't receiving much for our money - all we see with Legion is twenty eight difficulty modes for the same instances / raids, lots of reuse in quests / Brawler's guild / scenery (Dalaran and Karazhan), and extreme gating where it takes more than 6 months to completely unlock a single raid tier (if we were in MoP, we'd already have tier 2 for some time).

They don't deserve any extra money, everything they are doing is already paid and overpaid for.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair Subscriptions fee is just to cover the cost for the server because that isn't cheap.

[...]

So let us do the math.....246 servers times 349 each = 85854 if on sale. If no sale 246 times 668 = 164328$ a month.

And that's a lot of money a month just for warcraft servers.
    LOL

160k per month is 10k subs. They have several million.

160k is LESS than it really costs, for various reasons (in-house server blades are much cheaper than your quoted number but there has to be way more than one per server and there are big other costs), but all in all the costs of operating servers are tiny.

Deleted
    Might as well if the price is not that high. None of that mop shite though

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Yes I would be against it.

I already bought the base game, and the expansions, and pay a monthly fee.
    Thid exact thing. The store is an abomination that should be purged.