Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any Of You Play A Class And Still Not Know What Most Of The Abilites Are Called?

I've switched mains to a demon hunter, so that I can just murder everything in Suramar when the dumb guards detect me. Fine. I get bloodhunter bags all the damn time, so it's just money. Well, after a recent LFR I'm looking at the damage meters and me and this other DH are #2/#3 so I'm like cool, let me check our stuff... our top 3 were completely different from each other. So I'm like, WTF is annihilation (his #1)? Is that on the same talent tier as Fel Barrage (my #1)? I'm like... jesus.

Rinse and repeat for a good chunk of my non-resto druid specs. I know I'm bad (ok, I'm fairly solid when I want to be), but does anyone else not really know much about what they are doing, only that it works for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I've switched mains to a demon hunter, so that I can just murder everything in Suramar when the dumb guards detect me. Fine. I get bloodhunter bags all the damn time, so it's just money. Well, after a recent LFR I'm looking at the damage meters and me and this other DH are #2/#3 so I'm like cool, let me check our stuff... our top 3 were completely different from each other. So I'm like, WTF is annihilation (his #1)? Is that on the same talent tier as Fel Barrage (my #1)? I'm like... jesus.

Rinse and repeat for a good chunk of my non-resto druid specs. I know I'm bad (ok, I'm fairly solid when I want to be), but does anyone else not really know much about what they are doing, only that it works for them?

You are not solid ever, you are a shit player if you dont even know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing the names of your talents and spells helps with discussion about your spec, and class in general. It also helps since most guides use said names when describing your rotation/priority order

First thing I do on an alt is learn the rotation to make everything quicker and easier. No such thing as "what works best for me" in wow. Don't know why people think this is a thing. Rotation. Stat priority. Learn them. Stop making it harder for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Knowing the names of your talents and spells helps with discussion about your spec, and class in general. It also helps since most guides use said names when describing your rotation/priority order
    Yeah, sometimes I'll check at work or see a write up here about "this strat for this legendary" or whatever. I really don't get into discussions or all that too much, since I'm not in a "legit" raiding guild anymore.

This could happen to me rarely on an alt, but the truth is that I just remember way too much about this damn game... I sometimes know more about a class that I don't even play than a guildmate who's numbers need improvement. I definitely know all of my talent and ability names on my main, for sure, though.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I'll check at work or see a write up here about "this strat for this legendary" or whatever. I really don't get into discussions or all that too much, since I'm not in a "legit" raiding guild anymore.
    Still, knowing what your specs and talents are called make it easier to quickly dissect what others are doing too, like in your case in LFR.

Then again, I guess it doesn't really help that some of Havoc's spells change names during Meta.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played hunter since 2007 and i have no idea what some of the spells/talents are called.. blizzard changes things each expansion so i stopped bothering to learn.

Yes I Know What All Of My Abilities Are Called.

I'm an unabashed altoholic, so absolutely. There's no way I remember every talent tree for every class & spec, especially when Blizzard's changing them all the time. The basic spells aren't too difficult, mainly because almost any given class only has a 4-button rotation. :P Cooldowns and such, different story. I don't tend to memorize abilities I only use on bosses and rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    First thing I do on an alt is learn the rotation to make everything quicker and easier. No such thing as "what works best for me" in wow. Don't know why people think this is a thing. Rotation. Stat priority. Learn them. Stop making it harder for yourself.
    Disagree. I absolutely hated the DH Momentum build at the beginning of the expansion and as a result performed better using a different build. My mage is arcane because I hate how fire plays. I don't raid, so it's not a big deal, and I've never been bottom DPS in any group. I'm not arguing that there aren't technically 'best' builds, but if they're not fun or feel awkward for the player then it's not best for them.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Nope, I tend to know everything about most classes, I always end up researching specs to either play alts or help friends/guildies learn them. I think it's only Priest and Lock I haven't so far in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped memorizing the ability names because Blizzard kept changing things around and renaming them and it totally messed up my memory of them. So I stopped caring. I throw fireballs and do flashy slashes and explosions. Those are my abilities
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    really not hard as death knight, half of my abilities start with "death", death coil, death strike, death gate etc etc
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Holy Priest have a Holy Word: Sanctify and a Holy Word: Serenity. I still can't remember which is which.

Any Of You Play A Class And Still Not Know What Most Of The Abilites Are Called?
    No, because I'm Hardcore Elite Supreme. The hardest of hardcore Raiders orgasm to my achievements in game. OH, THE HUMILITY.

/absorbed into the Light.

I gotta admit, I play a bit of Demon Hunter, and I know my abilities. There's "the one I hit them with to build pain", "the one that cleaves and sucks in all the health globes", "the one on the minute cooldown that my artifact gave me that does a bunch of damage", "the one where I jump to a targeted point and smash everyone I land on".. I got this down, man.

Pally, divine holy light something something

I have a warlock sub-alt who I play for a few weeks during every expansion....I can't remember what the hell the abilities or rotations are when I log him on as they seem to be constantly changing.

Eh.. I just push the pretty picture when the addon lights it up.... Abilities have names?!

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    blizzard changes things each expansion so i stopped bothering to learn.
    And with the pre-expansion invasions, a lot of us leveled up toons without even learning them, so that hurt as well. When I leveled my lock, i didn't even know what the spec was called... "the one with the dots" I would say, then switched cuz it was shit to level in dungeons with.