Poll: Who is the most accomplished

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    azeroth? because he says he is no longer king, he serves azeroth, and follows her will,

so ive been linking together
    "her heart is a void and we have filled it" being azeroth, they have corrupted azeroth, and now just waiting for her to wake
    "the king of blah blah" he is that pawn, servering azeroth, indirectly serving the old gods
    and the torch thing they mention "torches will light the way and unleash us blah blah, the raven lord will turn the key" im thinking that
    A. destroying the tomb of sargeras and the portal will free nzoth
    B. odyn will be the one to do this (as we see him using lots of ravens, and its in his lore, both wow and old real life lore)
    C. odyn will also do this as hes the only watcher on the broken shore
    D. magni was the one who told us about the pillars of creation

so
    azeroth is corrupted
    this corrupted azeroth told magni how to defeat the legion
    but destroying the legion will also help unleash the final old god and get rid of the old gods threat of the legion destroying the planet
    It could be the titans in general too though they are dead I believe? The Old Gods long standing adversary has always been the Pantheon. Azeroth is the obvious choice but I dunno, the Old Gods have been fighting the Titans, the titanic watchers, dragonflight, and all of the races made from flesh of curse too compared Azeroth who felt to be "quiet". The mortals fought on her behalf unknowingly. Magni dmust have too until the ritual changed him and allowed communication. With the Aspect of Earth, we don't have any direct accordance of them speaking to Azeroth I do say but I don't recall many good ones being around to really ask and well Deathwing was nuts and beyond asking.

I've toyed with the idea that the 5 lights aren't the pillars of creation, there were 5 Aspects. They are all mortal now, Deathwing and Ysera are dead for starters. And with Deathwing it feels to me now like they purposely picked Deathwing to mess up considering Nozdormu knows he will go crazy in the future (and not sure if the Infinite Dragonlight bringing the Hour of Twilight is still canon), therefore would be an easier target to corrupt quicker. It's just Neltharion is the aspect of Earth which now that Azeroth is precious seems quite coincidence. Or is it they are planning to mess them all up? 2 out of 5 are already gone, 3 will be corrupted and may also have to be killed by us to rid his threat to Azeroth. That leaves Alexstraza and Kalec. Who we have been dealing with too.
    That being said, if the dragonflight are the suggested lights then this would tie in with Odyn being the Lord of Ravens. The quote is about the 5 lights but before that refers them as to 5 keys. The lord of ravens whisper tells of turning the key. Odyn detested the idea of the Dragonflights and why he removed himself to Broken Shore.
    All in all from some of these shared ideas on these whispers, these whispers seem to come to fruit quite quickly overall if this franchise is set to last a while.

Just to say Eyir is also a titanic watcher, it's stated in the Dungeon Journal of Hyrja's background entry. Obviously they could conflict on some things, she evidently followed Odyn though there's virtually not a lot about her or Odyn at this time.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-03-01 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't know how you measure strength...
    By their deeds? What did N'Zoth do actually do?
    Yogg-Saron made Nightmare, while N'Zoth is weakest.

what kind of feats is Yogg performing from the grave?
    Read my previous post once more, slowly... and then try to understand it.
    I'll use an analogy to help you:
    What kind of feats is Varian performing from the grave?
    Answer: Nothing, but he was stronger than for example Anduin who's still alive.

You cannot say that someone is weaker just because he's dead, lol. What kind of logic is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    By their deeds? What did N'Zoth do actually do?
    Yogg-Saron made Nightmare, while N'Zoth is weakest.
    N'Zoth controlled Deathwing during the Cataclysm and nearly brought about the Hour of Twilight singlehandedly through his pawn. He created and controlled the Twilight Dragonflight through Sintharia. With Chromatus and the Twilight Father he also sundered the unity of the Aspects and nearly drove Alexstrasza to the brink of madness by successfully killing her prime consort (while making it appear as though he had betrayed his own kind). Assuming he is also behind Murozond he also almost successfully neutralized Nozdormu as well.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-03-01 at 12:24 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Although I can see why some would say N'zoth is the most accomplished, I'll go with Yogg Saron myself. Without him infecting the Tribunal with the curse, nothing would have happened. The Keepers would not have had their falling out, they would have continued paying attention, the Titans' plan would simply have continued and Keepers and the Titan-forged could have dealt with any problems. There would be a lot less of the mortal races mucking about with creation.

Ofc we also wouldn't have a game

Some *invasion* all it took was the player character and Khadgar to dispatch them.
    "invaded"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Source of magni being influenced by OG?
    It can just as easily be Azeroth herself or Elune/something instead of OGs.
    Il'gynoth
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.

Magni tells us of the keys
    Raven lord, being Khadger or someone else uses the keys
    Ohnoes, we were tricked! n'zoth is free!!

Why would an old god thingy(he's a growth of N'zoth) bother saying magni is a pawn of Azeroth or Elune? And then go on to say how what Magni told of us of the pillars, was actually benefiting the old gods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    "invaded"...

- - - Updated - - -

Il'gynoth
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.

Magni tells us of the keys
    Raven lord, being Khadger or someone else uses the keys
    Ohnoes, we were tricked! n'zoth is free!!

Why would an old god thingy(he's a growth of N'zoth) bother saying magni is a pawn of Azeroth or Elune? And then go on to say how what Magni told of us of the pillars, was actually benefiting the old gods?
    I'm of the belief that the Old Gods have somehow found a way to tie their prisons into the World Pillars, and that using them to stop the Legion will simultaneously unlock or critically and further weaken the bindings holding N'Zoth at bay. I don't think any of the individuals mentioned by Ilgynoth will prove to be turncoats, at least not in the active sense - just that in doing what they would do to stop the Legion they are also working to the benefit of the Old Gods. They're pawns in the indirect sense, unwitting tools of N'Zoth's or the Old Gods' plans for freedom.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm of the belief that the Old Gods have somehow found a way to tie their prisons into the World Pillars, and that using them to stop the Legion will simultaneously unlock or critically and further weaken the bindings holding N'Zoth at bay. I don't think any of the individuals mentioned by Ilgynoth will prove to be turncoats, at least not in the active sense - just that in doing what they would do to stop the Legion they are also working to the benefit of the Old Gods. They're pawns in the indirect sense, unwitting tools of N'Zoth's or the Old Gods' plans for freedom.
    Just like DemonSoul's true purpose was to open portals to their prisons when added to Sargeras' portal. I wonder if it'll open a portal to him or subtly open his prison and we wont know it till later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Just like DemonSoul's true purpose was to open portals to their prisons when added to Sargeras' portal. I wonder if it'll open a portal to him or subtly open his prison and we wont know it till later.
    I'd lean toward the latter, personally. It makes a nice in-road into what is likely to be the next expansion.

Gonna go with N'zoth here simply because he has survived the longest. I'd also be willing to bet a hefty sum that when he escapes from his prison (as he'll be the only old god to have done so), he'll bring a fair amount of destruction down upon Azeroth. Here's to hoping!

10+ Year Old Account
    The DemonSoul's true purpose was what now? Never heard that before, where can I read more about this?

I'd lean toward the latter, personally. It makes a nice in-road into what is likely to be the next expansion.
    Go beat the Legion, come back and find that N'zoth has brought Ny'alotha from the depths.

I think we also need a book soon, some things cant be done well in the game, which then limits the lore, so a nice book of the events while we're gone would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    The DemonSoul's true purpose was what now? Never heard that before, where can I read more about this?
    The Old Gods tricked Deathwing to make the demonsoul, which they planned for the Legion to find out about and steal it to strengthen their portal, but it has a little unseen effect that Deathwing who made it, didn't even know about. And that is the demonsoul would also open a portal to their prisons and be free.

This was in the War of the Ancients trilogy. The reason Deathwing and Old Gods had a falling out, was he tried to retrieve the DemonSoul and they used their mental powers to blast him but he still managed to persist and then Sargeras punched him away.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods tricked Deathwing to make the demonsoul, which they planned for the Legion to find out about and steal it to strengthen their portal, but it has a little unseen effect that Deathwing who made it, didn't even know about. And that is the demonsoul would also open a portal to their prisons and be free.

This was in the War of the Ancients trilogy. The reason Deathwing and Old Gods had a falling out, was he tried to retrieve the DemonSoul and they used their mental powers to blast him but he still managed to persist and then Sargeras punched him away.
    I really need to get round to those books lol.

Deleted
    He created and controlled the Twilight Dragonflight through Sintharia.
    The Twilight Dragonflight was created before WotLK (Night of the Dragon novel), so it's another "Old Gods did it" that can't be attributed just to N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Twilight Dragonflight was created before WotLK (Night of the Dragon novel), so it's another "Old Gods did it" that can't be attributed just to N'Zoth.
    The twilight dragons in "Night of the Dragon" were a prototype model, early trial runs of the process using Nether drakes and magical artifacts. The Twilight Dragonflight as a force didn't truly come into being until Cata in the Bastion of Twilight (with a reanimated Sintharia enslaved to Neltharion's will). I'd assume with the loss of Balecgos' Bane and the shards of the Demon Soul that N'Zoth was a pretty strong factor in putting this all together - either directly or indirectly via the Twilight's Hammer cultists.