Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    How about they remove flight paths? No flying. No flight paths. No portals aside from Dalaran to the broken shore. The. Fucking. End.
    Worst idea in the history of the game.........Ever.

GW2's system is nice. Rift has a decent system too. (Or did I haven't played in a long time)

Just replace them with Mage Portal folks and use a vortex animation like we see on the elisande fight.

IIRC, they said a few years ago that they don't want to use teleporters or skippable flight paths because it'd make the world seem much smaller or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Worst idea in the history of the game.........Ever.

GW2's system is nice. Rift has a decent system too. (Or did I haven't played in a long time)
    Worse than this legendary RNG?

I didn't like Rift's all that much, the portals seemed too far apart. It wasn't terrible, bouncing back to Meridian every once in awhile anyways wasn't that off putting.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    How about they remove flight paths? No flying. No flight paths. No portals aside from Dalaran to the broken shore. The. Fucking. End.
    How about no?

It's World of Warcraft. Not Lobby of Warcraft. You have a very short memory if you can't recall how much everyone detested Draenor and its garrison, which you never had a need to leave.

Summon stones are a thing. Hearthstones are a thing. Flight Masters whistles, tabard warps, rings, Mole Machines, and Wraps of Unity are all things. And those are the things off the top of my head, there are many more I've missed. Certain classes get their own warping mechanics on top of all this too.

Maybe you could take a moment to realise why flight paths exist. They remind us of the world's scale, and more importantly, provide a good opportunity to make a drink or take a leak. You might not think that matters to you, but I can guarantee if they took you up on your completely asinine suggestion, the sh1tstorm would be Biblical in scale. And rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Biblical in scale.
    Like, cats and dogs living together, or merely fire and brimstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    How about no?

It's World of Warcraft. Not Lobby of Warcraft. You have a very short memory if you can't recall how much everyone detested Draenor and its garrison, which you never had a need to leave.

Summon stones are a thing. Hearthstones are a thing. Flight Masters whistles, tabard warps, rings, Mole Machines, and Wraps of Unity are all things. And those are the things off the top of my head, there are many more I've missed. Certain classes get their own warping mechanics on top of all this too.

Maybe you could take a moment to realise why flight paths exist. They remind us of the world's scale, and more importantly, provide a good opportunity to make a drink or take a leak. You might not think that matters to you, but I can guarantee if they took you up on your completely asinine suggestion, the sh1tstorm would be Biblical in scale. And rightly so.
    *plays FFXIV, goes to the travel tab and pays a small fee to instant teleport to Limsa Lominsa to grab some more crafting exp items and then teleports back to near where I was originally at and goes to use the bathroom and comes back and runs through the large zone and levels mining more"

All of that done faster than an equivalent sequence in WoW.

Yeah, you're not helping your cause at all and actually make flight paths seems like extreme shit (which they are and have been for many years). Its just Blizzard's gimmick to slow down simpletons and someone on the team obviously has an unhealthy hard-on for shitty outdated mechanics.

Flight paths still exists because Blizzard's design choices are ass backwards sometimes and idiots eat that shit up and make up stupid reasons for it existing.

"It makes the world look larger and more grandoise!" LOL, give me a fucking break!

At least the flight whistle was a step in the right direction for once for them and I hope they expand on it next expansion.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Thoughts?
    We will (hopefully) have flying soon anyway so it's irrelevant.

Just as a sidenote: Instead of giving us pointless and hardly noticable 20% more mounting speed with Pathfinder I, they should have doubled the speed of flight path mounts.

I don't mind the flightpath system, but I do wish I could just fly in legion already. More options are always nice though.

off topic I would love to see a screen saver with someone flying around all the fps in wow in alt z mode at max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    OR, Blizzard can drop the shitty archaic mechanic and actually just put in instant teleports like what i get in every other MMO I play.
    """""World""""" of Warcraft

Remember when WoW was praised for its seamless world without loading screens? Now players are begging for the opposite.

I think the game has passed me by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

The basic concept of any subscription based game is to make the player take as long they can to do something without annoying the player enough for them to quit.

Flightpaths will always take time, it is a way to elongate the game, in minute ways.

These minute ways add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post

Remember when WoW was praised for its seamless world without loading screens? Now players are begging for the opposite.

I never cared about loading screens in an MMO, especially when I load through them in 1-2 seconds.

Besides, I always though WoW's zone edges between zones to be ugly and jarring tbh.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I never cared about loading screens in an MMO, especially when I load through them in 1-2 seconds.

Besides, I always though WoW's zone edges between zones to be ugly and jarring tbh.
    And the funny part about this is the disconnect between wanting the open world to be all super immersive and open, but then people are perfectly fine with instant teleports to a loading screen for dungeons or battlegrounds. They just fine with getting a summon to a raid, or hearthing back to town to get something from their bank. But the moment the world "flying" or "Flight path" gets involved all the logic and convenience gets thrown out the window.

While I generally disagree with Flying Monkey, he DOES have a point(although probably not the one he intended): Give players option on how they want to move around the world and let them decide for themselves what they enjoy. And that includes personal flying mounts that aren't restricted to set points in the world like flight paths. If you want to take the scenic route, then by all means, take it. But don't try to force people to take it when they'd prefer a more efficient method.

Blizzard really needs to stop trying to force players into specific, limited playstyles and experiences. I know they WANT to do that, because it allows them to better predict and control how much time is spent on each iota of content. But IMO it's hurting the game more than it's benefiting it. It's great for anyone who likes the specific style that Blizzard approves of, but for everyone else? It just ends up souring the entire experience.

I'd rather see a seamless world with as few loading screens as possible, which is something I've always given credit to Blizzard for with how Azeroth has been.

Why even have an open world? Let's just have all players be in Dalaran and make everything a queue. Maximum efficiency. Or we go even further and remove any kind of gameplay. Just text menus like football manager where we select the reward we want to get.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could handle walking. It's how I played for the first 8 months of the game when I started

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post

Dungeons, BGs, and more have always had loading screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I could handle walking. It's how I played for the first 8 months of the game when I started
    The interesting part is that when I played Guidlwars 2, all I did was walk. They don't have mounts, and believe it or not...teleporting to checkpoints doesn't really hurt exploration as much as you might think, because the GW2 zones are all really well designed. Then again, they have a newer engine that was actually designed to support jump puzles isntead of trying to retro-fit it.

I think that WoW could actually support a checkpoint system in place of flight paths fairly easily. I mean, we're already halfway there with things like the hearthstone and flightmaster whistle. Blizzard could drop it into the game today and it probably wouldn't have any negative effect.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine how it is, class halls already have portals or vastly shortened flight paths (hunter from dalaran).

Portals for everything ruins the "world" , and right now there's still some "exploring" to be done before getting a flight point the 1st time (unless boosted).

I think Broken isles flight network + whistle is the best no-flight system so far. Combined with engineer or DH gliding even better.

Also for most class hall quests etc you get some temporary portal if there isn't one in dalaran or something already.

Right now flight paths are networked, and you can still get off it early by forcing it to land at the next nearest you pass.

Adding custom landing locations could be a problem if they'd implement the "straight path" method, I think it would bring problems like landing on a mountaintop or in the middle of a (could be fatigue) sea zone or something , unless they add code to divert to the nearest FP.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-02 at 04:27 AM.

Id rather they leave FP's the way they are. If they start cutting them it wont feel like one big world anymore. Theres already a lack of travel on ground between zones because flight paths keep everyone from crossing over on foot

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    bzzd wont, cuz "pl need 2 enjoy the landscape"
    Blizzard's stance on fight has fuck all to do with making players look at pretty pixels. Their primary issue with flight is how it effects player interaction and how players interact with the game world. It doesn't matter if you have seen the landscape before because that was never the issue and is larglely irrelevant. It is simply a continiously spammed flybaby talking point based on a one off remark by one dev in order to derail discussion on flight.