Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What I would do
    1: Kindly ask the guild leader if he/she can make it so only he/she can change notes, to avoid this situation, and explain that you can stand it and might consider leaving if this problem continues.
    2: Leave if your guild leader dont care about solving the problem, can't accept your idea but don't have any other ideas on how to fix it.
    3: You are now free of harassment

Quote Originally Posted by mcvice View Post
    3. Wanting punishement for offensive actions is not toxic in my book, but i might be wrong.
    Depends on what you consider offensive to be honest, because that's quite up for discussion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The other thing depends on how offensive it was, the thing is what may be seen as offensive by one may not be seen as offensive by others.. But unfortunately you will run into many types of people in any MMO and must either live with it, do something about it on your own level or leave and find a better guild..

And well as you found a GM can't do much about it, since having to track every single guild note in every guild on every server would prove a huge impost in both time and man power.. And well in the end it should always be dealt on a guild level first, getting a GM involved should always be seen as a last resort.. And well the only one who would get punished for it would be the Guild Leader (since they are the one who owns/runs the guild) and not the one who probably posted it..

And when they got off their ban they would more than likely not be in a friendly state of mind..

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok i will clear some things cause some of you got me wrong -

1. why i posted here - i posted here not to cry but to inform those who dont know (like me before) blizzard dont take actions against offensive things inside guild. I though it woild be interesting for you guys to know that.

2. I like my guild and most of players in it, it is just 1 person who was offensive not the whole guild, so i do not want to leave guild.

3. Wanting punishement for offensive actions is not toxic in my book, but i might be wrong.
    so heres the issue, its not that your trying to help your guild to find this person
    but instead that you seem to be trying to make a "Fuck blizzard" thread

you asked a GM for help, they couldent help you, and told you ways to deal with it, then you posted it here and by what you say seem to be trying to get people on this thread to hate on the GM and on blizzard for not helping you

with

"What do you think about that?"

seems like your trying to get people to tell you "oh fuck that gm they are lazy" or stuff like that, as really, there is nothing to speak about here other then "yeah it sucks that happened to you" because really, they would have to change the system (as it doesent track right now) and dictate was is ok and what isnt ok in a guild

its like if my friend in guild said "sup fucker" to me, then one of our friends reported him and he was banned... what? i wasent offended, we are friends, so it was friendly, but the gm cant see that, so thats why stuff inside guilds, like guildchat and ranks they leave alone, the only time they touch guilds AT ALL is if the guild owner is banned, or if somone ninjas all the guild bank loot (this doesent allways happen as it is the guilds fault if somone is trusted with tons of loot" because they might very well have the right to that loot, so its difficult for them to tell
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-01 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Depends on what you consider offensive to be honest, because that's quite up for discussion.
    This is the thing people get offended for the smallest of things now days.. The one thing is we will never know what was written in the GMOTD we are only going by what the OP has written..

Deleted
    Its not your decision to judge whats offensive or not, just like the GM told you. But you continued to bicker the GM himself.

1. why i posted here - i posted here not to cry but to inform those who dont know (like me before) blizzard dont take actions against offensive things inside guild. I though it woild be interesting for you guys to know that.

2. I like my guild and most of players in it, it is just 1 person who was offensive not the whole guild, so i do not want to leave guild.

It's not toxic as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much every guild I've ever been in has a rule against such behavior... while the only punishment typically enforced was being kicked from the guild, I have no problem with anything worse if the behavior was drastic enough to warrant such.

Beyond that, it's frustrating in this case, but it does seem like it'd be a lot of work for something that's only rarely needed.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight. Guild notes can be edited by anyone in the guild and someone wrote "Nigger" in your note.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Its not your decision to judge whats offensive or not, just like the GM told you. But you continued to bicker the GM himself.
    Interesting riddle.

what one might find racist, homophobic, et al, another may find "harmless" or even "funny".

the fact you can suffer an account suspension for having a hunter pet called "Autismo" is disgusting as is.

take your special snowflake syndrome somewhere else, if you find anything offensive on the internet the best solution is to turn off your internet and go back to playing solitaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally, I think blizzard should suspend the GL for a couple days. At the end of the day those who have control over the Guild Note is decided by the GL. If blizzard can't prove who set it then the GL should take the heat.

After a couple days suspension the GL could look into who has permission and change it.

Like a 24-48 hour suspension max. The GL is responsible for what there officers (and those with permission post).
    Wow talk about a horse shit way to deal with this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    what one might find racist, homophobic, et al, another may find "harmless" or even "funny".

the fact you can suffer an account suspension for having a hunter pet called "Autismo" is disgusting as is.

take your special snowflake syndrome somewhere else, if you find anything offensive on the internet the best solution is to turn off your internet and go back to playing solitaire.
    yeah no hunter pets is compeltly differnt as anyone can see that
    where in a guild its just the guild
    example if somone has a guild rank "f****t" you can say "fuck that" and quit the guild
    but if there is hundreds of thousands of hunters running around with that pet name... well too bad you just have to see it..
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Maybe it was a joke and you are just overreacting like 50% of people nowadays are offended by even the smallest things.
    If you have problem with guild notes then talk with guild master, not the game master. It's like calling police because someone called you a retard in the middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    are you gunna cry
    Best comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    On actual OP; Why would you waste GM time with questions like that? O.o
    That's the reason why you have to wait 3 days for serious problems to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally, I think blizzard should suspend the GL for a couple days. At the end of the day those who have control over the Guild Note is decided by the GL. If blizzard can't prove who set it then the GL should take the heat.

After a couple days suspension the GL could look into who has permission and change it.

Like a 24-48 hour suspension max. The GL is responsible for what there officers (and those with permission post).
    This is stupid idea. What if they were just playing along and some random Joe just noticed that his friend had that guild note and reported that to GM? Why should GL be punished for a joke that a random Joe didn't understand? That's senseless.

It's like being in a group of friends and you call someone faggot and then some people call police because he thinks that you're homophobic.
    That's just an example.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-03-01 at 02:23 PM.

What do you think about that?
    i think that instead wasting time of GMs you should have asked your officers to deal with it - or if you dont like their answear or being ok with it then /gquit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I can't be the only one who read "gnomophobic" there?
    Did as well.
    Seems like a non issue and I kinda doubt they don't actually track them at all considering they still want to be able to react to issues that involve law enforcement and I am quite certain setting one not particularly kind note for his ex girlfriend was what caused a friend of mine to have a 24 hour pause quite a while back in the days.
    Well seems like you already fixed the problem by limiting access which is certainly annoying if it was just because of a single player but well nothing to do there.

So what's stopping the GM from restricting access into altering notes beyond himself and a few select officers of the guild?

10+ Year Old Account

1. why i posted here - i posted here not to cry but to inform those who dont know (like me before) blizzard dont take actions against offensive things inside guild. I though it woild be interesting for you guys to know that. I don't know how you read that, the Game Master specifically said guild notes are not logged. I'm fairly sure that guild chat is logged.

2. I like my guild and most of players in it, it is just 1 person who was offensive not the whole guild, so i do not want to leave guild. You should take this up with the GM of your guild.

3. Wanting punishement for offensive actions is not toxic in my book, but i might be wrong. Take it up with your GM
    My response in bold.

Really this is something you should've brought to your Guild Master instead of opening a ticket about it. If they're okay with people doing that, you probably should leave that guild.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-03-01 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If only there were a way to resolve this non-issue without opening a ticket. Perhaps, telling the GL or offending party to cut that shit out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys, in my guild someone is posting very offensive guild notes yet Blizzard cant help with that problem here is response for my ticket:

What do you think about that?
    Are u above 18? Deal with it as an adult.

Are u below 18? Cry to ur parents,

This is why ticket queues are so long, when people make tickets for this shit.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I think this is a very good policy to have. If Blizzard moderated guild conversations like they do other chats, there would be a lot of guilds that disappear. This is an internal issue within your guild. Guild leadership should handle it, not Blizzard.