Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I don't bite it. You could literally remove the word "fucking" or even replace it with something every non-native english speaker should know like "very" and it would still make complete sense.

That fucking was a casual flavour sprinkling and you know it.
    Think what you will. I'm sure in the 3355 posts I made I used swear words a few dozen times more and I never do so in my native language (and we have just as pretty words as English does).

when ppl are enjoying themselves generally having fun, the level of language goes off the scale, if your a tradesmen, a builder, plumber, welder, if you work in stressful enviroments ppl on the job with you, you will swear like sailors. ppl use the word fuck a lot more these days for emphasis rather than it being blatantly crude.

its like 'this boss is difficult' vs 'this boss is fucking difficult' the swear is just there for emphasis and nothing else.

if you report ppl for name calling and racism they will get a warning, and eventually a temp ban if they keep doing it.

i generally don't care if my guildies are swearing during raids, there are no minors in my guild. ppl can't always control their language when they are used to swearing amongst friends or when emotions are high.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    There is a difference between words that express emotions, general pejoratives and slurs, but in this case, it's simply a matter of not being a native English speaker and therefor being limited in my vocabulary, which leads to a quicker use of swear words to express emotion. The quote should be understood as talking in your native language, but that doesn't roll of the tongue so easily.

And no, I don't agree that only stupid people swear. Just as a wet street doesn't mean it rained. I do think that when you are stupid, you swear a lot.
    i do semi agree dumb people swear more
    but smart people swear alot too
    but "only dumb people swear" is what the quote says and that is false

also sorry you dont speak english well
    instead of using "this set is fucking ugly" maybe you could have used the word very?
    "this set is very ugly"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Well its more of a general problem on the internet- its not only wow specific.
    It can annoy me as well, but then I remember how it was to be a teenager and immature. It was "cool" to swear alot and name calling.
    It is what it is. Hopefully they grow up at some point. Not all does that. I do have a friend (age 32) who still act as he is 17 when we see each other. He got no GF, he lives alone and don't have many "real" friends, except some that he goes to clubs with in weekends.

While swearing etc is acceptable as teenagers, it is looked down on among most adults - just a tip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

also its not them swearing that broke up the group.... its them getting mad at eachother that broke up the group... if they dident swear, and just got mad at eachother the grou would have still fallen apart....

it could have been "tank are you blind" and "healer try healing abit" and it still would have disbanded, dont try to blame people not getting along, on swears....
    Look, I dont know what would happen if they said it more politely, but between rude and polite, polite has more chance to keep group together, I think you can agree on that.
    Between "tank, are you blind" and "tank, retarded moron, pick the add" there is 90% chance I will stay with former and only 10% with latter call.

also its not them swearing that broke up the group.... its them getting mad at eachother that broke up the group...
    I think pretending like the choice of words can't make all the difference is pretty dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    This is not about reporting them - Im interested WHY they do it?
    Doubt that's a question you'll find an even remotely satisfying answer to here in this cesspool.
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Well its more of a general problem on the internet- its not only wow specific.
    It can annoy me as well, but then I remember how it was to be a teenager and immature. It was "cool" to swear alot and name calling.
    It is what it is. Hopefully they grow up at some point. Not all does that. I do have a friend (age 32) who still act as he is 17 when we see each other. He got no GF, he lives alone and don't have many "real" friends, except some that he goes to clubs with in weekends.

While swearing etc is acceptable as teenagers, it is looked down on among most adults - just a tip
    Well being edgy seems to become the gold standard in society it's hardly just among juveniles today.

I need to let it out..I just cant stand swearing of any kind, especially in front of minors/kids.
    These days, its like some players in WoW compete who will swear more and more often.
    Whats the point of it, is it teenagers who think they will be considered mature if they swear?
    Is it internet anonimity so people get out worst of them?

Few days ago, been in NH hc pug, started very smoothly, everyone said hi, politely asked for summon, we started, six bosses one-shotted, loot traded among people, no bad word was said. Then it started...
    We wiped on trash pack before Botanist, hell opened...
    "wtf, tank moron, are you blind"- mage said, then
    "Stupid healers, are you wanking there, try healing a bit"- says tank
    Then started calling eachother moms, 5 more people came into "conversation" and everybody started leaving the raid.
    Very nice and smooth raid destroyed in matter of 1 minute.

Not to mention random bgs or M+ runs - some people just cant hold their mouth shut - whats the point of saying in M+ "mage, are you retarded? Only 500k dps in 890 gear in boss fight?" Mage leaves, ruining keyholders key, people wasted time. Why the insult here? If he kept his mouth shut, m+ would be finished, everybody happy... but no, he just needed to insult.

So, why people behave like that, like animals, vultures for one single mistake? Ok, it was a mistake, but do they really have to swear so badly in a manner "even mother wouldnt kiss such filthy mouth".
    I also hate swear words in my video games in which I stab people to death. Won't somebody think of the fucking children?!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Think what you will. I'm sure in the 3355 posts I made I used swear words a few dozen times more and I never do so in my native language (and we have just as pretty words as English does).
    Ah yes, hunters. I HATE my class order hall. I hate snow. They made me spend 2 years in the fucking snow in Draenor. And what do I get now? AN ORDER HALL IN THE SNOW! Yeay, another two years of snow. I go there because I have to, but I teleport the hell out the second I'm done. It's ugly.

Oh, and why are the important NPCs scattered around the grounds, preferably at the back of the building (outside)? Having to walk around for every little thing is just annoying and it makes no sense. In any world, normal or fantasy, those people would be together somewhere, not spread around and certainly not as far away from the entrance to their own hall as possible.

a sentance where you added "fucking" even though it was not needed, you could have left out the fucking and it would have made perfect sense... so no "not knowing english well" does not make up for adding words that are in no way needed, as in the next line you say the EXACT same line without the "fucking" showing yes you know you can say "in the snow" without adding "in the fucking snow" nice try though >_> you used a quote to try and make people who swear look dumb, well you swear just as much as everyone else, then try to cover it up with "bad english" admit it, you use "fuck" and stuff just as much as everyone else does for emphasizing phrases

"this is tough" eh "this is very tough" eh.... "this is fucking tough" there ya go!

- - - Updated - - -

Look, I dont know what would happen if they said it more politely, but between rude and polite, polite has more chance to keep group together, I think you can agree on that.
    Between "tank, are you blind" and "tank, retarded moron, pick the add" there is 90% chance I will stay with former and only 10% with latter call.
    thats your opinion though

if somone said

"warlock your dps is shit" or "warlock your dps is bad" both ways i would feel offended... again its all opinion, and your opinion is a very small minority

also i reccomend you quit then, because even the game swears
    if you dont believe me, do the undead starting zone

thats your opinion though
    I am pretty sure even in maple syrup country going out calling everyone you meet a fucking retard would show you how much of that is just an opinion pretty quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if insults and swear words are too harsh and immature for you then you shouldnt be on the internet

in my opinion people who act like they are too mature for swear words are those teenagers you described beliving ur waaaaaay better than youre actually are
    Think you misunderstood the point - this about people who destroyed nice, fun and smooth activity by excessive swearing and turning it into flameing and made people unhappy and angry.
    This is not about me at all. Im merely interested why they do it. Whats the point of swearing, offensive one, directed at someone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I am pretty sure even in maple syrup country going out calling everyone you meet a fucking retard would show you how much of that is just an opinion pretty quickly.
    your making a horrible strawman
    the question is not "if you namecall somone you will not be liked" its "is swearing bad"
    so its not "hur dur if you call people retards they will be mad of corse"
    its "if you go out and call random people ugly, and fucking ugly, all of them will get mad at you, no matter what so swearing doesent make it any worse"

- - - Updated - - -

Think you misunderstood the point - this about people who destroyed nice, fun and smooth activity by excessive swearing and turning it into flameing and made people unhappy and angry.
    This is not about me at all. Im merely interested why they do it. Whats the point of swearing, offensive one, directed at someone?
    because people get mad more easily at people they dont know, and who cant effect them in any way, then a person in person who could punch them in the face?

so if somone in real life is fucking up your much less likley to tell them "your fucking horrible" cause you might get punched in the face
    but in the game and somone is doing horrid dps you can say "your fucking horrible" and worst they can do is messege you back

this should be common sense
    the same people who online are willing to tell people they are fucking horrible at the game, are not the same people who in person can tell people "your fucking garbage"

im a good example, i talk a fuck ton on here, and in voice chats/with friends, but in person im the most shy fuck you will ever come across, sit in class talking to no one all day, and in groups/crowds you wont find me speaking a word

online you feel much more safe, so feelings are amplified, i would like to speak, but i cant, so online i do, in person you would love to tell that big guy that hes driving like shit, but you dont because he might beat you the fuck up

They're just words, learn to ignore.

online you feel much more safe, so feelings are amplified, i would like to speak, but i cant, so online i do, in person you would love to tell that big guy that hes driving like shit, but you dont because he might beat you the fuck up
    You said it's just his opinion that the reaction to both of this sentences was going to be different. I suggested that you should try that yourself outside.
    You can equally try that out in any match making situation of any game.
    For instance if someone screws up a simple shot in csgo you go say damn you retarded fat fuck can't even hit that ez shot I hope your family dies of cancer instead of a simple man why did you miss there and note how the situation progresses from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    You said it's just his opinion that the reaction to both of this sentences was going to be different. I suggested that you should try that yourself outside.
    You can equally try that out in any match making situation of any game.
    For instance if someone screws up a simple shot in csgo you go say damn you retarded fat fuck can't even hit that ez shot I hope your family dies of cancer instead of a simple man why did you miss there and note how the situation progresses from there.
    ok so i will go on CSGO
    and if somone misses a shot i will say "WOW you missed that!?" and "wow you fucking missed that" and tell you the difference.. oh wait there will be none, and the rest your just adding to make more horrible strawmen

again if i go outside and call people ugly, and fucking ugly, the response will be the same

and if somone misses a shot i will say "WOW you missed that!?" and "wow you fucking missed that" and tell you the difference..
    Not sure if it's your spelling matching your reading skills there but the op wasn't talking about adding a "fucking".
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-03-01 at 03:53 PM. Reason: dumb as well

so your agreeing with that quote that only stupid people swear?
    guess your stupid then
    you're*
    hasn't*
    doesn't*

The internet is a cesspit basically, full anonymity lets people be douches. If it ere possible to have real id (and the inability to make fake ones) on everything it could be better, but that's moving into dna tagging everyone/ big brother government etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's your spelling matching your reading skills there but the op wasn't talking about adding a "fucking".
    no need to turn this into personal insults, but the ops thread is about people name calling, and i pointed out that swearing isnt part of this, its just people being rude to eachother, being rude, and being rude and swearing will have no difference, but people are rude because its the internet, there is no punishment for being rude, so anyone can call eachother out when they are shit, instead of keeping silent because they are worried they could get beat up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    you're*
    hasn't*
    doesn't*
    Elaina

if your gunna shit on my spelling on the internet, atleast get your spelling right, names start with capitals

Because "tank, are you blind" isn't rude at all lmao

Deleted
    your making a horrible strawman
    the question is not "if you namecall somone you will not be liked" its "is swearing bad"
    so its not "hur dur if you call people retards they will be mad of corse"
    its "if you go out and call random people ugly, and fucking ugly, all of them will get mad at you, no matter what so swearing doesent make it any worse"

- - - Updated - - -

because people get mad more easily at people they dont know, and who cant effect them in any way, then a person in person who could punch them in the face?

so if somone in real life is fucking up your much less likley to tell them "your fucking horrible" cause you might get punched in the face
    but in the game and somone is doing horrid dps you can say "your fucking horrible" and worst they can do is messege you back

this should be common sense
    the same people who online are willing to tell people they are fucking horrible at the game, are not the same people who in person can tell people "your fucking garbage"

im a good example, i talk a fuck ton on here, and in voice chats/with friends, but in person im the most shy fuck you will ever come across, sit in class talking to no one all day, and in groups/crowds you wont find me speaking a word

Commonly speaking, you are a coward then?