Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Just dismiss those trolls.
    I put them on ignore now, I have no time for brainless judgemental assholes.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Ok I get the endless grind allows for people to keep hitting the dead horse while it's dead. That's what transmog is for but seriously... If they wanted this route why not just copy what they did with the whole friend thing they did in Mists? Ok, it's not perfect but it gives that same drive they are after with an actual end and reward without having to do a lot of work for apparent chance... I am a mount collector but even this baffles me at the amount needed to just have a chance. Ideally we don't know how quickly you can chew through the rep but yeah... After years of various rep grinds to get mounts or toys or pets, getting to 20,000 still took time. Other reps more than others granted but yeah... that sounds worse then a weekly lockout for mount drops in RNG.
    Well it's not worst than weekly lockouts unless of course you get your 1% drop mounts the first 4 runs which could happen in fairness. Between quests and 1.5k rep bonus (was it 1.5k?) You'll end up having to do 10 emissarys to get a chance. It's obviously not a system supposed to be farmed simply because of the daily random nature of emissary quests. What will happen is you will find yourself with a bunch of reps close to 20k at some point and you will get a chance at a few mounts. That's exactly how the system is to be seen. Not a rep mount the way it used to be, not a boss drop. A way in between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Well it's not worst than weekly lockouts unless of course you get your 1% drop mounts the first 4 runs which could happen in fairness. Between quests and 1.5k rep bonus (was it 1.5k?) You'll end up having to do 10 emissarys to get a chance. It's obviously not a system supposed to be farmed simply because of the daily random nature of emissary quests. What will happen is you will find yourself with a bunch of reps close to 20k at some point and you will get a chance at a few mounts. That's exactly how the system is to be seen. Not a rep mount the way it used to be, not a boss drop. A way in between.
    So it is supposed to extend the time people play this game.

As is the grand scheme of RNGifying EVERYTHING in the game.

All they want is people to not get their rewards fast and keep playing.

Keep playing in the HOPES of getting that upgrade item from weekly chest
    Keep playing in the HOPES of getting a TF item from mythic+ chest
    Keep playing in the HOPES of getting a legendary from emissary cache..
    Keep playing in the HOPES of getting that Storm Drake mount.
    Keep playing in the HOPES of getting that hidden artifact appearance from X boss.
    and so on.

There are no real rewards anymore, there is just a chance at a reward. But don´t worry, just keep subscribing, you will get most of the things you want eventually. All you have to do is just keep paying us.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-03-01 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah... and? Nothing new under the tree. It's been like this forever. Get drop / don't get drop. Whoa evil blizzard!
    Every mmo works this way.

If the content is good, people stick to it, otherwise they don't.

Deleted
    Yeah... and? Nothing new under the tree. It's been like this forever. Get drop / don't get drop. Whoa evil blizzard!
    Every mmo works this way.

If the content is good, people stick to it, otherwise they don't.
    What you dont get is going overboard with RNG actually prolongs the life of content. The more RNG they introduce the more the content lasts because less people get what they want in a certain unit of time. This in turn allows them to slack with releasing new content while they relish in the joy watching all those people running the same mythic+ dungeons and raids and world quests all over again.

+ RNG also allows them to slack when it comes to creating actual skill-demanding content, at the end of which is that very same reward. Why not gate hidden artifact appearance behind continuation of class campaign? Because it would scare people away and cause them to quit. Same with legendaries. Imagine if getting them actually took some skill from the spec they are designed for. It would cause uproar in the casual community who dont even have all spells in their bars.

Because there are so many scrubs in this game, it is much more beneficial for Blizzard to just RNGify everything, so both skilled and shit players can get the rewards. All you need is just to be lucky.

I guess you are a scrub, too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    What you dont get is going overboard with RNG actually prolongs the life of content. The more RNG they introduce the more the content lasts because less people get what they want in a certain unit of time. This in turn allows them to slack with releasing new content while they relish in the joy watching all those people running the same mythic+ dungeons and raids and world quests all over again.

+ RNG also allows them to slack when it comes to creating actual skill-demanding content, at the end of which is that very same reward. Why not gate hidden artifact appearance behind continuation of class campaign? Because it would scare people away and cause them to quit. Same with legendaries. Imagine if getting them actually took some skill from the spec they are designed for. It would cause uproar in the casual community who dont even have all spells in their bars.

Because there are so many scrubs in this game, it is much more beneficial for Blizzard to just RNGify everything, so both skilled and shit players can get the rewards. All you need is just to be lucky.

I guess you are a scrub, too?
    ??? There has been more content released in legion than any other previous expansions. Who cares if content (lol mounts) lasts longer. If they keep releasing stuff up good. Otherwise bad.
    So far so good so not really sure what you guys complain about apart from obviously this ridiculous feeling of being entitled to some mount.

Why not gate hidden appearance behind quest completion? Because than EVERYONE would have it and it wouldn't be the exotic thing it is. Simple. Why was the zuliani tiger so ridiculously hard to get? Because you need that too. So what?

Legendaries taking "skills" like what... in WoD? Lol.

From what I gathered in this discussion, I'm not the one throwing an hilarious fit over being entitled to a mount. Lol.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-03-01 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    ??? There has been more content released in legion than any other previous expansions. Who cares if content (lol mounts) lasts longer. If they keep releasing stuff up good. Otherwise bad.
    So far so good so not really sure what you guys complain about apart from obviously this ridiculous feeling of being entitled to some mount.

Why not gate hidden appearance behind quest completion? Because than EVERYONE would have it and it wouldn't be the exotic thing it is. Simple. Why was the zuliani tiger so ridiculously hard to get? Because you need that too. So what?

Legendaries taking "skills" like what... in WoD? Lol.

From what I gathered in this discussion, I'm not the one throwing an hilarious fit over being entitled to a mount. Lol.

Im saying legendaries should be gated behind tough questlines that everyone cannot complete, questlines that scale with your gear so you cannot outgear it, questlines that are just as difficult as the item power demands.

Same should go for these mounts. They should require less luck and more work/effort. Don´t you think we already have enough luck-based "exclusivity" in the game?

Don´t you think that people who master their spec and manage to surpass the toughest challenges related to a specific legendary deserves it much more than someone who just gets lucky but sucks at this game?

You would still be work on your first legendary I assume... And this is why Blizzard will continue with that mindset, skill-based exclusivity is second behind luck-based exclusivity. Because of too many shit inept people playing this game.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-03-01 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    20k rep is a lot for just a chance at a mount. That's like a month+ per cache, and when you open it you find 800 resources, an 860 wrist and a curious coin? Fuck that.
    I imagine the cache will contain other stuff like you said, but I'll also imagine worthwhile rewards to cater to everyone in some aspects, toys, pets, patterns, high gear, better odds at a legend, maybe a bulk of curious coins or even seals. I don't think their stupid enough to reward low level gear. You never know, it might be like the tanan mounts, 90% chance to drop and a big fuck you to the 10%

20k does sound a tad high though,

for the sake of the argument, lets say you do the cache every day, and get your rep reward, in a month you'll have 6k with each rep, plus another 6k (3k for nightfallen) to sink how you'd like. I'm not taking into account rep for instances, the WQs or tokens from missions. So you can potentially look at it as two and a half months to get 20k rep, but that will be with each faction no? so 6 caches roughly?

To me, if it stays at 20k they aren't implementing it as a reason to go out and grind it. It's just a bonus reward for carrying on with emissary beyond the usual cache, which can be considered useless to what 80% of us now?

Im saying legendaries should be gated behind tough questlines that everyone cannot complete, questlines that scale with your gear so you cannot outgear it, questlines that are just as difficult as the item power demands.

Same should go for these mounts. They should require less luck and more work/effort. Don´t you think we already have enough luck-based "exclusivity" in the game?

Don´t you think that people who master their spec and manage to surpass the toughest challenges related to a specific legendary deserves it much more than someone who just gets lucky but sucks at this game?

You would still be work on your first legendary I assume... And this is why Blizzard will continue with that mindset, skill-based exclusivity is second behind luck-based exclusivity. Because of too many shit inept people playing this game.
    Except those people do get rewarded for their skill, either in PvP or PvE.

On a side note concerning mounts that require less luck and more skill they are going to release mounts like that. Class mounts say "hi".

Deleted

So you want to gate legendaries and mounts behind gear.
    Which drops based on RNG. I see.

So you're just furious that those filthy casuals are getting your stuff.
    Yeah lol, there's the door.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Storm in a bottle - 99% of the complainers will still go on doing the Emissary Quests and eventually end up with some of the mounts. Like always.

But the Outrage about it is really amusing.
    Truth. You get it.

Ok so something in between, but are you saying it's potentially once chance without doing extra work at all? It does make it seem really prolonged just for the sake of it really. They added in things like timewalking and being able to buy rep with badges as an easier way to do things like say mounts from the daily rep farm of Pandaria factions but then provide this which seems to go against that nature. Still it might not be finalised, I'm sure they are getting heated feedback from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    He didn't say people can't complain he simply pointed out they complain about contradictory things all the time. That isn't "complaining about complaining" it is simply a statement of fact.

- - - Updated - - -

How are they cutting corners here? How is slapping a few mounts at exalted on a few vendors less work than creating an entirely new system that allows you to continue farming to get certain loot from factions you are exalted with?

Lazy would be never implementing new systems or new ways of obtaining things in game which just isn't the case here.

There is a case to be made that this is bad game design and while I don't agree that is a far, far, far more compelling argument than "hurr durr actibli$$ is r lazy".
    Placing exalted mounts behind an additional RNG wall artificially extends the life of what little end game content was added to Legion. Its that simple. Its the same reason they took away flying, added RNG to all static loot drops. They have added it to every layer of gameplay to hide the fact that they are designing less content and smaller landmasses going forward. Its not even debatable. Up until the release of WoD, these systems were not needed in WoW because of the vast amount of things you could do at end game. Its pathetic, and anyone not wearing the armor of the White Knight sees it. Lazy developers is the ONLY way you could describe it.

Deleted
    Ok so something in between, but are you saying it's potentially once chance without doing extra work at all? It does make it seem really prolonged just for the sake of it really. They added in things like timewalking and being able to buy rep with badges as an easier way to do things like say mounts from the daily rep farm of Pandaria factions but then provide this which seems to go against that nature. Still it might not be finalised, I'm sure they are getting heated feedback from it.
    I'm saying it's something in between. I don't mind it because of how fast emissary helps with reps. Come on let's face it, never before we've had such an easy way to exalted with reps. I'm exalted and I missed all ToV, playing casually, not everyday... I mean....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Except those people do get rewarded for their skill, either in PvP or PvE.

On a side note concerning mounts that require less luck and more skill they are going to release mounts like that. Class mounts say "hi".
    That´s not the same now, is it? Mythic raiding is both RNG- and skill-based, similarly to how the new mounts will not just be RNG-based, but also will require persistent grinding. Also you gotta be kidding me with those upcoming class mounts requiring any skill. They are meant for most of the WoW-playerbase to be obtained.

There are very few activities in the game not saturated with RNG and the game would benefit from them a lot (look at Firelands legendary quest chain back when you didnt outgear it, warlock green fire quest chain, etc) Pro players of each spec would claim their legendaries first and help the scrubs in due time to get theirs, or Blizzard could create systems that would help players get better at their own spec. But that´s asking for a lot, look at current Mythic after 3/10 - no gradual step-up in difficulty and teaching players to get better, rather an abrupt jump into all those cockblocks for 2000 guilds..

Thing is, RNG-based exclusivity seems to be the new meta and when I just walked home from the store I thought to myself: should I even reply or is this a lost cause as it is doubtful the game will change based on my rant. Would be great to hear from those that do share my point of view but any kind of bashing is also welcome. Rip my arguments apart! And while you´re at it, rip apart also the following statements: skill-based exclusivity like mythic raiding is infested with RNG more than ever before in the form of TF, legendaries, gems; the game seems to be increasingly drifting towards having a chance at a reward and not guaranteed rewards.

P.

I'm saying it's something in between. I don't mind it because of how fast emissary helps with reps. Come on let's face it, never before we've had such an easy way to exalted with reps. I'm exalted and I missed all ToV, playing casually, not everyday... I mean....
    Well, it doesn't need so much conscious input for the Legion factions because it's current content. It's much like most raid reps, it came as an added bonus because your intention was the loot drops not really the rep. Aside that, it could not be too bad since the occasional buff they give when it's 50% extra rep unless there is a limit in place to not quite go bananas in that week but who knows.

Deleted
    So you want to gate legendaries and mounts behind gear.
    Which drops based on RNG. I see.

So you're just furious that those filthy casuals are getting your stuff.
    Yeah lol, there's the door.
    questlines that scale based on gear - meaning everyone has the same difficulty regardless of their item level...
    Please.

Deleted
    Well, it doesn't need so much conscious input for the Legion factions because it's current content. It's much like most raid reps, it came as an added bonus because your intention was the loot drops not really the rep. Aside that, it could not be too bad since the occasional buff they give when it's 50% extra rep unless there is a limit in place to not quite go bananas in that week but who knows.
    No hold on a second I know what you're saying but let's compare for example sons of hodir with any legion rep. When it was current content, so without the boosts and everything.
    A mastodontic pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    This is so fucking creepy. What is it about these weebos putting children in skimpy clothing?!?
    If thats the game I Think it is...... That's pretty covered up....

I believe its blade and soul, and you should see the character creation screen

Deleted
    questlines that scale based on gear - meaning everyone has the same difficulty regardless of their item level...
    Please.
    Soooo.... you want everyone to have these mounts. Cause I mean... once the gear factor is out of the window what's going to make the questlines difficult? Skills? In wow?

There's 2 ways of making a questline difficult if youre not considering gear. RNG and grind.