Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i never liked subway much because THEY NEVER FULLY COOK MY SUB. it's always lukewarm and i always have to finish warming it up myself. really annoying.
    Ahhh, those good old days when they didn't even heat it at all!

But, if you're going back home to eat it, why don't you already have stuff to make sandwiches at your house? :P

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Ahhh, those good old days when they didn't even heat it at all!

But, if you're going back home to eat it, why don't you already have stuff to make sandwiches at your house? :P
    that's the point it's far enough away from my house that i wasn't planning on going home to eat it. by the time i go home it's cold because they haven't warmed it properly. and reheating it ruins the freshness.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-03-01 at 05:13 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Then you'll have researched, I'd imagine. They don't hide the fact. http://www.subway.com/~/media/usa/do...rgen_chart.pdf
    Subway Canada is denying the report, claiming their chicken is 100% chicken. Their Twitter has dozens of replies stating the report is false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Subway Canada is denying the report, claiming their chicken is 100% chicken. Their Twitter has dozens of replies stating the report is false.
    First Jared and now this? Subway can't catch a break

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    First Jared and now this? Subway can't catch a break
    to be fair what jared did was outside of subway's control and they fired him immediately. did he get convicted for it by the way?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair what jared did was outside of subway's control and they fired him immediately. did he get convicted for it by the way?
    Yep sentenced to 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Really? Insanity, because it's right here.. http://www.subway.com/en-ca/menunutr...ce3f650a6.ashx

I guess I don't follow fast food chains on my Twitter.

Never had their chicken just the spicy Italian *which is odd because most other places I go I get a chicken sandwich if they have it. (but out of all the crap it could have been, soy is at least somewhat low on the gross scale *yes for some not on the gross scale at all).

that's the point it's far enough away from my house that i wasn't planning on going home to eat it. by the time i go home it's cold because they haven't warmed it properly. and reheating it ruins the freshness.
    Hmm. A "reason" for that is because they put the meat and cheese on, then toast it. That melts the cheese but doesn't really get to the bread. I haven't been to Subway for a long time, but can you ask them to run it through twice -- once just the bread, then again with the meat and cheese?

...Or just order a cold sub. I personally prefer a cold sandwich to a warm one that isn't warm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Never had their chicken just the spicy Italian *which is odd because most other places I go I get a chicken sandwich if they have it. (but out of all the crap it could have been, soy is at least somewhat low on the gross scale *yes for some not on the gross scale at all).
    For me at least, soy isn't gross. It's more like, the process that turned chicken into hybrid chicken-tofu that's kind of gross.

Actually, higher ups at Subway knew about it for years. They fired him when the law caught him.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...pedophile.html

Jared Fogle’s ex-wife claims Subway knew of the former spokesman’s sexual interest in children as early as 2004 but failed to report their “cash cow” to police.
    In a lawsuit filed Monday, Katie McLaughlin says the sandwich chain even kept Fogle’s pedophilia allegations secret from her, because executives believed their marriage would keep Fogle “grounded.”
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Then you'll have researched, I'd imagine. They don't hide the fact. http://www.subway.com/~/media/usa/do...rgen_chart.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Most restaurant chains now are required to post allergy charts. They are usually simple charts that list the various menu items on the left with possible allergens at the top and a mark/dot on all the corresponding boxes for allergies they might affect. Next time you walk in, you might notice them (usually posted on the display case for the food or very nearby).
    Thanks, didn't know about them in Subway.

Nothing about Subway is fresh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a second opinion. Also is it only for the chicken breast? What about Chicken Teriyaki?

10+ Year Old Account
    But it looks so natural!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Shouldn't we be applauding Subway for this?

If someone can sell me a piece of meat that is only 50% meat, but I can't tell, they have effectively reduced the consumption of meat by 50%, which should be a boon to the environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    subpar sandwiches so popular.
    I see what you did there.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But it looks so natural!
    I've always wondered why someone would go into a subway and order the one thing that looks the least like real food, given all the other options.

But the feigned outrage over stuff like this is always funny. People eat pre-processed crap filled with preservatives and other stuff all the time, but only seem to care when it's actually pointed out to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I've always wondered why someone would go into a subway and order the one thing that looks the least like real food, given all the other options.

But the feigned outrage over stuff like this is always funny. People eat pre-processed crap filled with preservatives and other stuff all the time, but only seem to care when it's actually pointed out to them.
    Some folk I fear think those printed black lines are really grill marks.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. A "reason" for that is because they put the meat and cheese on, then toast it. That melts the cheese but doesn't really get to the bread. I haven't been to Subway for a long time, but can you ask them to run it through twice -- once just the bread, then again with the meat and cheese?

...Or just order a cold sub. I personally prefer a cold sandwich to a warm one that isn't warm.

- - - Updated - - -

For me at least, soy isn't gross. It's more like, the process that turned chicken into hybrid chicken-tofu that's kind of gross.
    i did that once...they just gave me this stare like i was committing a crime or something and then ran it through the oven again. subway doesn't really have a lot in the way of spicy so i rarely visit it anyways. it's the only sub shop nearest me since cousin's and blimpy's closed down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Shouldn't we be applauding Subway for this?

If someone can sell me a piece of meat that is only 50% meat, but I can't tell, they have effectively reduced the consumption of meat by 50%, which should be a boon to the environment.
    except if that other half is something unhealthy then no not really. in this case it isn't. also that other 50% could be another meat in which case you've now doubled tripled or quadrupled the amount of animals your using in which case no it isn't actually a savings for the enviroment in terms of animals used.

i did that once...they just gave me this stare like i was committing a crime or something and then ran it through the oven again. subway doesn't really have a lot in the way of spicy so i rarely visit it anyways. it's the only sub shop nearest me since cousin's and blimpy's closed down.
    What??

:P