Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ...and the well dries up....

I've never donated...

/closes door to a room with 12 GALLONS of my semen I donate regularly

Deleted
    In my opinion only natural bodybuilders (athletes) or a nobel prize winner should be able to donate.
    I mean try to improve humanity atleast by making the best humans get offsprings.

Deleted
    As long as the law doesn't suddenly allow women to demand alimony after being artificially inseminated.

28th constitutional amendment? Sperm donor rights?

Do you ever feel like some people take things in life way too seriously?
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Sperm donors are wankers.

Come on ... it isn't offensive if you are an aussie

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Well in a World first, the children that where conceived from your thoughtful donation will now be able to identify who made the donation.
    Nope, a German Court already ruled that kids have the right to know their parents and torpedoed the whole anonymous donor thing, forcing the clinics to reveal their identities.

Biggest threat i could see here is young person donates sperm/egg goes on in life becomes wealthy, person born from said donation finds out oh snap i'm famous dudes kid, the now famous donor dies and they try to get some legal claim to their assets being biologically related to the person. without a strong will i could see that getting messy in court.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I don't know that this has as much to do with the ancestry.com thing as it might have to do with risk factors. The child may want to know what potential issue run in their family and it could be benefitial for them to have that information. Think of cancer screenings. Typical prostate screening doesn't happen until your 40s, but if it runs in your family, they recommend you start much sooner (20s). Wouldn't you want to know if you should be one of those people? It could potentially save your life. Perhaps rather than revealing identities though, they could simply identify the risk factors and provide only that information upon request.
    Don't they already screen the donor before they can donate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So Danish men are the biggest wankers in the world.

You learn something new every day.
    Somehow, you make it sound negative...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Don't they already screen the donor before they can donate?
    I can't donate, so I don't know the specifics of the current donor process. I was simply suggesting a potential reason for the change. I didn't know my father's side had a history of cancer until after I was diagnosed. I grew up not knowing my father's family. It was only during research this past year by my mother in law that it was uncovered many people on my father's side had cancer. Had i known that information earlier in my life, I might have been able to screen for it earlier and change my lifestyle to reduce risk factors.

sure that's awkward but if the donors are still free from parental responsibility I don't see this as tooo big of a deal.

It seems a fun idea now, but wait till some angry lesbian couple decides to find out who the dad is so that they can sue them for child maintenance.

(it's not like it hasn't happened before - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relat...urt-rules.html )
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Somehow, you make it sound negative...
    Now I know that Denmark is famous for more than just bacon and lego, I don't want to know how they make their bacon salty.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I certainly believe that the biological parents of every child should be recorded somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If they want to pass such a law, it should not be retroactive.
    If donors and an organization have a contract to withhold the donor's identity, the government should not be able to void that contract against the donors' will, especially retroactively. Sounds like the government there is aching to get sued.

Have you ever donated an Egg or any Sperm at a Sperm bank?

Well in a World first, the children that where conceived from your thoughtful donation will now be able to identify who made the donation.

This is a about to happen in the State of Victoria in Australia.

And Other jurisdictions around the World and in Australia will watch with interest how the most recent changes to donor conception laws in Victoria are managed and how the people affected by them respond.

http://theconversation.com/victorias...children-72417

More people conceived using donor sperm or eggs in Victoria will from today have the legal right to know details about their donor, even if the donation was made anonymously or the donor didn’t give consent to being identified.

Adnan Katakovic, manager of City Fertility, which operates Sperm Donors Australia, said the “days of anonymity of sperm donation is over”

I blame websites like Ancestory.com for this. People must get stuck and depressed , thru not knowing their real linkages.

But would you like a knock at your door by someone who may look like you, but you have know idea who they are, thru a sperm donation
    you made 10 years ago ?
    You left out several key bits of information.

Firstly the donor can refuse contact if a request is made. Secondly this is for donors that donated before 1998 as the laws changed anyway.

If you are going to be out raged at least get your facts right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It seems a fun idea now, but wait till some angry lesbian couple decides to find out who the dad is so that they can sue them for child maintenance.

(it's not like it hasn't happened before - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relat...urt-rules.html )
    Never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If they want to pass such a law, it should not be retroactive.
    The non retro active law was passed in 1998. This new law only applies to donors before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post

Never going to happen.
    Didn't read the article I posted? It's not without precedent.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

good. now we can root out the millenials.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It ain't a world first. A similar law has been in place since 2002 in the Netherlands.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Didn't read the article I posted? It's not without precedent.
    The US law is nothing like Australian law so you story is utterly useless.