Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not a real guildchat if it lacks rapejokes.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Like I said, if the majority of the guild felt that way, the problem would have been taken care of and you wouldn't be talking about it.
    The majorty of the guild would most likly feel that way, had they known there was a problem.. Since it was one person being harassed, it is not a matter for the entire guild. It should be able to be fixed with just the Guild Master. We shouldn't have to make it a problem for the entire guild, that there are a few toxic players.

If the majority of the guild was unaware of it, it's not a problem of "how the guild is being run" so your post does not apply.
    No. It is not a problem of how the guild is being run... that is the point. I quoted a stupid post, that tried to make it a matter of how the guild is run, when it is entirely irrelevent. It is a problem with a few players and it should be possible to fix the situation by punishing the harassing people, without making it a matter for the entire guild.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    I actually still have screenshots of this on my laptop, fyi, it just feels like necro-shaming to post them.
    My initial complaint I was still in the guild and the GM just told me off and was sarcastic about it. (And recommended us not using an external voice chat. lol)
    I reported a second time after I left and got the same line from a different GM (who did way too much RP in a chat about harassment) about how they don't deal with guild problems but they'd "look into it" but I should really just keep Ignoring the person, and I reported a third time clarifying that I was no longer in the guild, and these were whispers, and it was getting worse, and they never got back to me before I ultimately stopped playing the game for a while.
    I saved all this stuff because I was actually really worried about what was happening, and wanted evidence that I'd tried to get it resolved.
    I am honestly curious if this would have happened the same if we weren't ever in a guild together, because yeah, being that lax on horrific threats was a great shock to me. It was quite a while before I even resubbed.
    If you blur the names. Sure would be good to see.

Well in guild its hard to see context. That's the issue of it. In private chats its abit easier. and in trade chat context doesn't matter because stuff like that isn't allows there.

Yeah he had the right to be. You are in a guild with someone who threatened your life.

Each gm has their style. I like the ones who rp. Its cute. And I always like a good gm joke. Most of the times GMs just try to keep people calm/happy.

And you put in a ticket. With times. Dates. And screenshots of the harrasment. And they never got back to you?

And again yes. Because it happened in guild. Something you opt to join. They won't do much. Because if someone said that. You could just leave end of story. Once they whisper you then you are no longer opt in. And that. they will take care of. They will be abit nicer if you help out

He was sarcastic cause you didn't help. You didn't /ignore. And didn't /gquit. So the gm prob saw you as just being niave or over reacting. As if you showed you were really effected by it. Enough to report. Ignore. Leave guild. Then they know you are doing your part to stop it.

Its like being robbed over and over. Yes the police will help
    But if they then find out you have been leaving your door unlocked... They will give you abit of sass...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you blur the names. Sure would be good to see.

Well in guild its hard to see context. That's the issue of it. In private chats its abit easier. and in trade chat context doesn't matter because stuff like that isn't allows there.

Yeah he had the right to be. You are in a guild with someone who threatened your life.

Each gm has their style. I like the ones who rp. Its cute. And I always like a good gm joke. Most of the times GMs just try to keep people calm/happy.

And you put in a ticket. With times. Dates. And screenshots of the harrasment. And they never got back to you?

And again yes. Because it happened in guild. Something you opt to join. They won't do much. Because if someone said that. You could just leave end of story. Once they whisper you then you are no longer opt in. And that. they will take care of. They will be abit nicer if you help out

He was sarcastic cause you didn't help. You didn't /ignore. And didn't /gquit. So the gm prob saw you as just being niave or over reacting. As if you showed you were really effected by it. Enough to report. Ignore. Leave guild. Then they know you are doing your part to stop it.

Its like being robbed over and over. Yes the police will help
    But if they then find out you have been leaving your door unlocked... They will give you abit of sass...

Reread their post, they did leave the guild, and they did ignore the individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Reread their post, they did leave the guild, and they did ignore the individual.
    not before contacting gm the first time, read their post, he mentions the gm (the first gm) mentions he dident leave the guild

"My initial complaint I was still in the guild and the GM just told me off and was sarcastic about it. (And recommended us not using an external voice chat. lol)"

so please read his post before complaining about mine

damn millennials
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by divinexve View Post
    damn millennials
    diooooo!!!!!

What do I think? I think it's cringy as fuck that you even opened a ticket and wasted a GM's time with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvice View Post
    Hello guys, in my guild someone is posting very offensive guild notes yet Blizzard cant help with that problem here is response for my ticket:

What do you think about that?
    I think you need to get over it, you sensitive FUPA bandit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Grow up OP.

It's a guild matter so take it up with your guild master and guldies. If its not solved in a way you find acceptable then leave.

Frankly fuck you for making everybodies ticket times longer with your petty shit.
    Pretty much this, being offended by something is no different than whining. If you don't like it, leave the guild. Nobody is forcing you to stay and it sounds like you would be better suited in a single player game

I'm more upset that the GM misspelled his own name.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    The majorty of the guild would most likly feel that way, had they known there was a problem.. Since it was one person being harassed, it is not a matter for the entire guild. It should be able to be fixed with just the Guild Master. We shouldn't have to make it a problem for the entire guild, that there are a few toxic players.

No. It is not a problem of how the guild is being run... that is the point. I quoted a stupid post, that tried to make it a matter of how the guild is run, when it is entirely irrelevent. It is a problem with a few players and it should be possible to fix the situation by punishing the harassing people, without making it a matter for the entire guild.
    If the majority of the guild would feel that way why is it an issue to approach them about it? If the GM cannot handle an issue because he does not wish to approach the rest of the guild about a problem stemming from within the rest of the guild I think it's a problem with how the guild is being ran. Again, I don't see how it's an issue unless others don't see it as an issue. It's not a problem to the members if they feel the harassment itself is problematic. I don't see how you can argue that the majority would feel that way if you think they would find issue with you not trying to combat it on your own. It's a guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

If the majority of the guild would feel that way why is it an issue to approach them about it? If the GM cannot handle an issue because he does not wish to approach the rest of the guild about a problem stemming from within the rest of the guild I think it's a problem with how the guild is being ran. Again, I don't see how it's an issue unless others don't see it as an issue. It's not a problem to the members if they feel the harassment itself is problematic. I don't see how you can argue that the majority would feel that way if you think they would find issue with you not trying to combat it on your own. It's a guild.
    As I have said..
    That I am being harassed by one or two people, Should not ruin the use of Guild notes for everyone in the guild.. Neither should that problem be forced to include the entire guild.. It's a problem with a few players, and it should be able to be kept between those players and the guild master..

Why is this hard to understand?

I eventually had to make the Guild Master bring the matter up in our raid, and make an ultimatum. I told who I thought the toxic players was, and they were warned with guild kicks.. This stopped the harassment..

But it should never had gotten to this, this issue should not have been made a guild issue.. It should have been able to be kept between the involving players and the guild master..

It wasn't a problem that should have required me to make it a problem for the entire guild.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-03-01 at 07:41 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wait what, they punish the guild leader for the actions of his members? Wuuuuuuuuuuuuut?
    Brb gonna disband my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally, I think blizzard should suspend the GL for a couple days. At the end of the day those who have control over the Guild Note is decided by the GL. If blizzard can't prove who set it then the GL should take the heat.

After a couple days suspension the GL could look into who has permission and change it.

Like a 24-48 hour suspension max. The GL is responsible for what there officers (and those with permission post).
    lol, no.

Let's be real, WoW is full of trolls. Why the fuck would they suspend the guild leader who may or may not have had anything to do with it?

Given that people are free to leave guilds and ignore any person they wish to ignore should something offend them, I don't believe any action should be taken against someone purely because of what they said in WoW. Let's all be adults. If something offends us we can confront that person. In a case like this where you don't know who it was, change the message, limit who has access, and move on.

The only thing I agree on as far as taking action against someone is when they're continually harassing someone else. Say they continue to delete and create new characters to spam offensive whispers to someone in particular. That's not acceptable and is worthy of a suspension and in more extreme cases, a ban. Anything else you can just ignore the person or leave a guild or whatever.

Great use of time for that GM there. Grow the hell up and deal with it like an adult instead of telling the teacher like a 9 year old. Glad the teacher told you to get lost.

As I have said..
    That I am being harassed by one or two people, Should not ruin the use of Guild notes for everyone in the guild.. Neither should that problem be forced to include the entire guild.. It's a problem with a few players, and it should be able to be kept between those players and the guild master..

Why is this hard to understand?
    I don't know why you're having trouble understanding what I'm saying as I clearly said in the post you're replying to that I view a guild that would see your situation as harassment being both capable and willing of helping you with a situation that is relevant to the guild.

I don't know how I can make it clearer, you keep saying it should be kept between you and the players when my point has repeatedly been that I disagree. Again, if the majority of the players in your guild would see it as harassment, I don't see why it would be a problem. My point in saying that is that it would not need to be kept between you and the players.

If your first instinct in your private group of players is to report one of them to the people overlooking the game as a whole, I do not feel you have any sort of bond with the private group itself. It's not a guild if what is occurring within the guild infrastructure is being withheld from the guild itself.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I don't know how I can make it clearer, you keep saying it should be kept between you and the players when my point has repeatedly been that I disagree. Again, if the majority of the players in your guild would see it as harassment, I don't see why it would be a problem. My point in saying that is that it would not need to be kept between you and the players.
    Everyone is different.. Personally in a group of players (or in a guild), I do not like to be the center of attention, neither do I like confrontations..

I eventually had to make the Guild Master bring the matter up in our raid, and make an ultimatum. I told who I thought the toxic players was, and they were warned with guild kicks.. This stopped the harassment..

But it should never had gotten to this, this issue should not have been made a guild issue.. It should have been able to be kept between the involving players and the guild master..

It wasn't a problem that should have required me to make it a problem for the entire guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not before contacting gm the first time, read their post, he mentions the gm (the first gm) mentions he dident leave the guild

"My initial complaint I was still in the guild and the GM just told me off and was sarcastic about it. (And recommended us not using an external voice chat. lol)"

so please read his post before complaining about mine
    Yeah, I did. You act as if their second report was completely invalidated by the first, despite the circumstances having changed. The fact that the situation remained unresolved after the second report is a fairly significant failure on Blizzard's part. You're acting as if Blizzard did the right thing, when they failed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    I reported a second time after I left and got the same line from a different GM (who did way too much RP in a chat about harassment) about how they don't deal with guild problems but they'd "look into it" but I should really just keep Ignoring the person, and I reported a third time clarifying that I was no longer in the guild, and these were whispers, and it was getting worse,and they never got back to me before I ultimately stopped playing the game for a while.
    I saved all this stuff because I was actually really worried about what was happening, and wanted evidence that I'd tried to get it resolved.
    I am honestly curious if this would have happened the same if we weren't ever in a guild together, because yeah, being that lax on horrific threats was a great shock to me. It was quite a while before I even resubbed.
    Your analogy of leaving the door unlocked is terribly inaccurate.

This locking your door after being robbed once, only to have someone break in through your window the second time you're robbed while the police sit around mocking you because the first time you had left your door unlocked. Then moving out after it happens for a third time, because clearly the police aren't going to address the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Everyone is different.. Personally in a group of players (or in a guild), I do not like to be the center of attention, neither do I like confrontations..

It was a problem within the guild and therefore a guild problem. The handling of the guild is left to those within the guild and if you cannot approach a guild with an issue stemming from within the guild than I do not believe you should be in a guild. It has nothing to do with being the center of attention. The harassers were part of the guild and harassing you through the guild. If you cannot approach your guild that is not the fault of the GMs.
    Enjoy.