Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    I'm glad to see this topic is still being discussed. Futile as they are I still have hopes Blizzard will make flying a standard part of their expansions again instead of gating it through that stupid "compromise" of an achievement.
    I no longer hope for that.

I think they will continue trying to slow people down desperately by any means possible - and the complete inability to make people stay via other means (like, you know, doing enough interesting content) will continue losing them tons of players every month and in the end will kill WoW as a product.

WoW was big a couple of years ago. Now it is no longer big, it is only big every once in a blue moon when they launch a new expansion, then people rapidly leave and WoW becomes small again. A couple more years and even launches will be non-events.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-03-01 at 11:47 AM.

Reason I will never play without flying. I was doing Tanaan Garrison campaign today. That one in Auchindoun. Cleared whole room. Wanted to Alt-Tab to fix some post on forum. Managed to press "Edit" button only - Wow task bar icon started to flash. Yeah. Aggro. One mob respawned. Ok. Killed him. Alt-Tabbed again only to see, that icon was flashing again. Another two mobs respawned... NO! I turned around and saw, that ALL of them respawned. Within just 10 seconds, yeah. So. What's the point in moving on a ground and killing mobs again, again and again, if they constantly respawn within just a few seconds? I don't see a point. This mobs give zero rewards to me. It's just waste of my time. This problem should either be fixed or Blizzard should enable flying, so we would be able to skip all this pointless mobs.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Oh no you have to play the game and actually see what they worked years/months on. END OF THE WORLD! WoW is dead! LUL. Entitled babies.

If you think it's a bad choice or design, I suggest unsubbing and staying away. You'll be sorely disappointed time and time again, and we don't need more complaint threads about this sort of thing.

Goes for anyone.
    Last edited by Sastank; 2017-03-01 at 05:02 PM.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Oh no you have to play the game and actually see what they worked years/months on. END OF THE WORLD! WoW is dead! LUL. Entitled babies.

If you think it's a bad choice or design, I suggest unsubbing and staying away. You'll be sorely disappointed time and time again, and we don't need more complaint threads about this sort of thing.

Goes for anyone.
    I like how you edited your post from thinking it was yet another flying complaint thread because you'd completely forgot you posted in here before

"I like it how it is. Unpopular opinion I know. I'm glad we have to take time to do things and not do everything in 10 minutes and bitch about how there's nothing to do QQQQQ."

I also like how you say we don't need more complaint threads, yet most of your response history are complaints :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I like how you edited your post from thinking it was yet another flying complaint thread because you'd completely forgot you posted in here before

"I like it how it is. Unpopular opinion I know. I'm glad we have to take time to do things and not do everything in 10 minutes and bitch about how there's nothing to do QQQQQ."

I also like how you say we don't need more complaint threads, yet most of your response history are complaints :P
    A) Stalking me is flattering?

B) I don't make threads about dumb shit so...?

Bye
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The whistle negates much of the need for flying to be honest.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    This is good. I like having to figure out how to get to a place on the map. Rather than just avoiding all obstacles and all players on the route.

Doesn't matter to me either way honestly.

Yo yo

It doesnt matter either way. I grind through Legion without having the idea of "wish we can fly". I enjoy mounting around in Legion because of the cool scenery the game developers spent hours on detailing out the art work--kudos to Blizzard.

who needs flying anyway

I don't need flying. I quit playing Legion months ago. Just checked the "final" flying requirements and it's just more crap.

I really thought that once they added it back, I would suck it up and come back to enjoy flying which makes the game (to me) MUCH better.

But, ya know... I'm not. I don't even know what the game is anymore, I'm also "behind" and the idea of "gimme catch-ups" makes me vomit a little in the back of my mouth. I blame Blizzard for their decision to take out flying which kept me playing, farming, etc... when I didn't care to "grind".

2 million gold and 10 game time tokens in inventory (and the 2 million spider bought)... and can't be bothered to re-sub. I may convert the tokens to buy Overwatch... but really.. not into Blizzard's games anymore. They have no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    yep. its pretty shitty of blizzard. the ability to go wherever I want is one of the biggest draws of this game. I am not here to play assassin's creed.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I USUALLY am on the side of no flying because of the forced interaction between people, but goddamn the Broken Isles are a pain in the ass to traverse. They're not fun to run around in.

Maybe that is how it is supposed to be, because they are "broken", but I had more fun running around Shadowmoon and Nagrand in WoD and ESPECIALLY Timeless Isle, Valley of Four Winds, Kun Lai, and all of Pandaria in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yep. its pretty shitty of blizzard. the ability to go wherever I want is one of the biggest draws of this game. I am not here to play assassin's creed.
    I LOL'd at the Assassin's Creed comment because it's so true! Just wait, in 7.3, or on argus or something, unlocking flight paths will require scaling a tower with jump puzzles or other platforming. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I LOL'd at the Assassin's Creed comment because it's so true! Just wait, in 7.3, or on argus or something, unlocking flight paths will require scaling a tower with jump puzzles or other platforming. Mark my words.
    Guild Wars 2 Style... rofl.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I USUALLY am on the side of no flying because of the forced interaction between people, but goddamn the Broken Isles are a pain in the ass to traverse. They're not fun to run around in.
    After a few months, the newness wears off and yes I agree I am looking forward to flying speeding up WQs (I am almost at 5000 WQs) , I gotta say maybe the annoyance comes with leveling more alts, doing the same fastest/best rewarding 4+ quests for the emmisary repeatedly.

Since 7.2 will have crazy AP increases, I stopped doing my AP map clears, seems a bit meaningless as I don't do mythic raiding.

I have to say the Flightmaster whistle was a genius invention and does help a ton.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-12 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I have to say the Flightmaster whistle was a genius invention and does help a ton.
    I wish they'd give it to you at level 100, once you've already leveled someone to 110.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I wish they'd give it to you at level 100, once you've already leveled someone to 110.
    They should yes, but at least account-wide flying will make leveling faster too.

7+ Year Old Account

7.2 went into PTR on Jan 20th. By my guess, by April 20th we'll have flight. Folks are just a bit impatient.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Picture
    That picture is old, from mmo current front page blue post

1. Part 1 completed
    2. Explore Broken Shore - Go to every POI
    3. Defender of the Broken Isles - Complete Demon Assault (incl. scenario) in each of the 4 zones that have them
    4. Reach Revered Rep with Legionfall faction.