Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    But they have contributed into the system prior to unemployment.
    What about orphans under sixteen?
    Should they get benefits?
    What when they want to stay in school after turning sixteen?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Wait; So it's now cherrypicking facts that Somalian migrants are the highest in terms of Crime rate in both murder, theft and Rape While also being the highest on immigration?

Not just in the EU, but in EVERY COUNTRY THAT REPORTS IT. How is "They are on Welfare more than anyone else" somehow Racist? How does it suddenly become racist when Ugandans and Ghanans are much less likely and the more likely culprit is Somalia has a large commercial "Refugee" ring to move them here?
    You know what's so bloody funny about this argument....I've seen it being used a thousand times by people from so many different countries and status that I kind of started to dismiss it right away because it always gets debunked.

It's always the same ''insert random minority commits more crime then a white person''.

For example a argument you find also really often by fascist is that ''''insert random minority'' rapes white women'', this argument is sooo bloody old but idiots always come back to this.

Sure it's hard to disprove this crap the moment it's being used since scientific studies take time but eventually it gets disproven. SO yea I'm calling you a racist when you use a age old racist argument that again wasn't true when it was first used couple of hundred years ago, wasn't true last week and probably isn't true tomorrow either

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    ... What kind of argument is that? Are you aware that there's a huge cultural difference between the different countries in the world and the vast majority of people get on just fine if given time to adapt when they immigrate to another place with another culture?
    The cultural difference between western countries is nothing compared to the difference between the west and middle east, are you trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Because the cultures don't match.
    Only ones that have issues are alt-right or whatever they like to call themselves, but I'm pretty sure they don't match with 80% of the population no mater the race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You know what's so bloody funny about this argument....I've seen it being used a thousand times by people from so many different countries and status that I kind of started to dismiss it right away because it always gets debunked.

It's always the same ''insert random minority commits more crime then a white person''.

For example a argument you find also really often by fascist is that ''''insert random minority'' rapes white women'', this argument is sooo bloody old but idiots always come back to this.

Sure it's hard to disprove this crap the moment it's being used since scientific studies take time but eventually it gets disproven. SO yea I'm calling you a racist when you use a age old racist argument that again wasn't true when it was first used couple of hundred years ago, wasn't true last week and probably isn't true tomorrow either
    It's funny that you claim to easily debunk these, yet you can look at the crime statistics of every country and see these problems manifest. Go ahead; Call me a Racist, call me a Fascist.

You're wrong about this, and your labels are wrong about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Only ones that have issues are alt-right or whatever they like to call themselves, but I'm pretty sure they don't match with 80% of the population no mater the race.
    Are you deluded into thinking the Islam majority of the refugee's have the same ideas of Equal rights and LGBT rights as the west?

The cultural difference between western countries is nothing compared to the difference between the west and middle east, are you trolling?
    Pretty sure people that the French are generally kind of disliked by literally everybody ( including other french) especially the British. So even between neighbours cultures are kind of a big difference.

Hell their is even a huge difference between people from different regions

My family moved from thailand to USA. We've gotten on just fine despite the cultural differences. It was hard just after the move but there's close to no problems now.
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-01 at 09:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a polarising question, lol. For me, unemployment benefits have always been something that is short-to-medium term and a safety net for people that have worked but for some reason have fallen on hard time. I consider the maximum for unemployment benefits being 3 years. In that time if you can't find a job in your field, then you will have to consider either going back to school or taking up something else (as harsh as it sounds).
    I don´t disagree, i´m all for equal terms regardless if you´re a native or migrant though. But don´t moan about rules not being in place when joining a club knowing full well the liabilities that come with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's funny that you claim to easily debunk these, yet you can look at the crime statistics of every country and see these problems manifest. Go ahead; Call me a Racist, call me a Fascist.

You're wrong about this, and your labels are wrong about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you deluded into thinking the Islam majority of the refugee's have the same ideas of Equal rights and LGBT rights as the west?
    ....not going to even bother arguining against a strawman argument.

and pretty sure the people with the alt-right ideology don't like gays either, so at best they have a common sense of morality which kind of disproves the entire basis of you;re argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    My family moved from thailand to USA. We've gotten on just fine despite the cultural differences. It was hard just after the move but there's close to no problems now.
    Thailand is not a middle eastern country, it's southeast Asia.

Thailand is not a middle eastern country, it's southeast Asia.
    I'm aware. The cultural differences are huge, likely bigger than between middle east and usa. No reason why it would suddenly be impossible for people from middle eastern countries to adapt when people from places that are as equally culturally distant or more distant than middle eastern countries can do so.
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-01 at 10:06 PM.

Deleted
    this is what you get when you have an unelected governing body that has one solution to every problem; more power to them.

it's absolutely sickening how the EU is put together, and the harder they hold on to their crumbling system the harder theyll break it down. I feel compelled to add here that I am pro europe, and think working together and merging is the apperant way forward, but not with this european union. If you dream of more europe, youll want to tear down this european union first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    this is what you get when you have an unelected governing body that has one solution to every problem; more power to them.

it's absolutely sickening how the EU is put together, and the harder they hold on to their crumbling system the harder theyll break it down. I feel compelled to add here that I am pro europe, and think working together and merging is the apperant way forward, but not with this european union. If you dream of more europe, youll want to tear down this european union first.
    You however aren´t pro reading or pro knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The European Parliament has an awful lot of elections for an "unelected governing body".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Now multiply that reaction and you get my point. Let people see everything.
    I'd rather have such a scene be the exception, to be honest.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I said Europe in its modern sense, but nevermind that.

The original poster said...

You replied...

Ignroing that EU and Europe aren't technically synonyms, you are saying that events which caused widespread destruction and chaos in Europe would not not be akin to saying it will 'fall apart'?

You've just provided an example of how European society fell apart, to argue against someone saying it will fall apart. You're making their argument for them and not realised it.
    European society did not "fall apart" in the Migration Era. There was no "European society". The Migration era and about another thousand years of migrations and conquests is what created "European society" in the first place.

Look at your home country. Celts, Anglo Saxons, Romans, Vikings, Normans... England is like the town bike. The language we're speaking right now is so heavily influenced by migrating and invading ethnic groups that it's virtually unrecognisable as a Germanic language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm guessing you never set your foot outside the US or even Wisconsin...
    In any case, last time we had someone like Le Pen as head of state in one of our larger countries, over 60 million died. Most would probably not want to repeat that.
    I have been to 5 countries, which includes France, and I have lived in multiple places in the US.

Forgive me I'm wrong here but where has Le Pen advocated for the use of violence in anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Did you read the article you linked? He wasn't procecuted for saying "fewer, fewer." He was procecuted for leading a racially motivated chant. Essentially it was a publicity stunt that either backfired or, if you consider the extra publicity his trial generated, went exactly as he planned.

TL~DR Context matters and people aren't being procecuted just for expressing an opinion as you seem to think.
    Chanting fewer, fewer, is hate speech?

You seem confused, do you need some reading material about the European Parliament, how it is elected and what it does, or is it that you just didn't understand what these changes where and what they do?
    Your posts looks like something you found on some random blog and put in this thread by accident, maybe you did a google search for "EU" and found both the blog and this thread? That is as close as you get to "on topic".

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The EU has banned members of Parliament from sessions for racist remarks before. This isn't exactly new. The EU Parliament has given itself house rules and in those house rules they banned racist speech from debates. This censoring the TV broadcasts isn't really the issue, if you want to discuss anything, discuss members being banned for the session in which they made racist remarks.

And honestly? I'm fine with it. If you can't behave like a dignified parliamentarian, wtf are you doing in that esteemed house? This isn't new, btw. I've seens videos of the British House of Commons sending someone off for insulting the PM. The German Parliament sent a whole party off for breaking house rules they agreed to themselves (they were later readmitted for the vote on the bill). Those house rules are decided by the Parliament itself. It's not like someone else made them up for them.
    We recently had a few people here silenced as well. One veitimize (sp) lady from california and senator warren. If people are out of order sure, that makes sense. They didn't need new rules to combat disruptive members. Given the broad reach of what 'hate speech' is, how can leadership have a constructive discussion when any negative discussion is hate speech?

The problem as I see it, is the culmination of hate speech laws, censorship of information and now political censorship. How can you discuss an issue, when it is illegal to do so. Imagine if the opposite were happening in Europe, that all pro immigration and refugee talk was the target of these laws?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post

Chanting fewer, fewer, is hate speech?

If aimed at a specific ethnicity or race, yes.
    Not that he got more than a slap on the wrist, not even a fine.