Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this common in world quests?

My warlock is affliction and her loot specialization is specifically set to affliction, not "current spec." Each and every single WQ without fail that provides a relic for her weapon, gives a fel or fire relic (which are strictly for the demonology and destruction weapons); never a shadow or blood relic.

My Paladin is protection spec and absolutely NEVER gets a WQ offering a holy relic; only iron. Trinkets offered from WQ never fail to provide +intellect (which is strictly for healer paladins).

Is this common with everyone else, that WQ's don't respect your chosen loot specialization?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    My warlock is affliction and her loot specialization is specifically set to affliction, not "current spec." Each and every single WQ without fail that provides a relic for her weapon, gives a fel or fire relic (which are strictly for the demonology and destruction weapons); never a shadow or blood relic.

My Paladin is protection spec and absolutely NEVER gets a WQ offering a holy relic; only iron. Trinkets offered from WQ never fail to provide +intellect (which is strictly for healer paladins).

Is this common with everyone else, that WQ's don't respect your chosen loot specialization?
    Yes. It's not really NEVER but when I was gearing my druid I'd see WQs for fire and blood relics as well as for Agility trinkets that were set up to be AGI only (they didn't flip to Int when used by a caster spec). Annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    The gear from world quests is not sspecific. Its a good way to keep your alt specs at least a little bit caught up to your main spec. This is not a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    WQs never respect your loot spec. You always get what your CLASS can use, so any trinket or relic might be for any spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    WQ loot is class based, not spec specific.

There was already a blue post, it's intentional that the (non legendary) loot from WQ is class and not spec specific.

I got a storm relic on my Assa rogue from an emissary cache. As fa as I know, I cant even use a storm relic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    As fa as I know, I cant even use a storm relic.
    Outlaw uses Storm, so yes, you can use Storm relics as a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a storm relic on my Assa rogue from an emissary cache. As fa as I know, I cant even use a storm relic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Outlaw uses Storm, so yes, you can use Storm relics as a rogue.
    just to add, simply mousing over the relic and reading the tooltip it literally states which weapon can use the relic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    It's not just relics either, my ret Pala, regularly gets the INT trinkets pop up on WQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    It's not just relics either, my ret Pala, regularly gets the INT trinkets pop up on WQ
    The reason for this has already been stated.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The gear from world quests is not sspecific. Its a good way to keep your alt specs at least a little bit caught up to your main spec. This is not a bug.
    I didn't think it was a bug, it's just a slight bit of a nuisance and I was looking to make sure it wasn't just me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just to add, simply mousing over the relic and reading the tooltip it literally states which weapon can use the relic.
    Not if you don't have the weapon in question. My shaman picked up two life relics and was not told that it fit into any weapon-- but I hadn't done the scenario to pick up the restoration spec weapon yet. After I did it I was able to put them both into that weapon. If Kantoro (who picked up the storm relic) hasn't done the quest/scenario for the Outlaw rogue blades, then she wouldn't see in the tooltip that a storm relic fits in them.

EDIT: P.S. I finally picked up a holy relic upgrade for my Pally's Truthguard fifteen minutes ago. So I guess I just need to play the waiting game for others (like for my Ashbringer).
    Last edited by HollyCarp; 2017-03-01 at 07:42 PM.

See I knew this, but I don't have the outlaw artifact unlocked. So the relic literally says nothing about what weapon to use it in. Its lame that I can get a reward for an artifact that I haven't unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I knew this, but I don't have the outlaw artifact unlocked. So the relic literally says nothing about what weapon to use it in. Its lame that I can get a reward for an artifact that I haven't unlocked.
    the reverse is if the system didnt reward like that, it would force everyone to only do one spec per toon, and "force" rewards for that spec.

why should some players be punished for wanting to see the story of their other specs just because players like you cant be arsed?
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Suck it up, buttercup!

I do gear WQ's on alts to make sure they rotate. All classes have more than 1 specs so might as well get gear for them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty much just how it is Hopefully the WQs with the non-useable relics timeout pretty quickly so that you can do some more important WQs
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Yeah, I get a lot of Life artifact WQs despite never getting my Holy artifact (I keep putting it off...lol)

the reverse is if the system didnt reward like that, it would force everyone to only do one spec per toon, and "force" rewards for that spec.

why should some players be punished for wanting to see the story of their other specs just because players like you cant be arsed?
    Flip that around, why should I get a relic I cannot use? It should be set to you loot spec. There is no forcing, you set your loot spec and your loot table is determined by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flip that around, why should I get a relic I cannot use? It should be set to you loot spec. There is no forcing, you set your loot spec and your loot table is determined by that.
    so if i understand you right...

there are 3 possible choices here:

• the game only rewards based on what weapons you cared to pick up <~~ thus forcing players to only do one spec per toon as a way of guaranteeing to only see rewards for that spec.

• setting a loot spec to guarantee relics for that spec <~~ your suggestion.

• the current method of being class based, occasionally giving you rewards for weapons you dont have <~~ can seem wasteful to those that didnt care for the other specs enough to pick up a weapon, yet those that did occasionally get something for that weapon even though its not their main spec.

i guess your suggestion doesnt allow for unintentional gaming, and doesnt really hurt anyone.

number 3 isnt horrible either, but i could accept number 2 as well. its the number 1 choice i think is ultimately bad, as long as we avoid that.

- - - Updated - - -

edit: just noticed the 5yr member banner under my avi, cool.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-03-01 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    The reason for this has already been stated.
    Was not doubting that.. just pointing out is not just relics.