Thread: Rogue?

Rogue?

so I tried rogue today... it feels like they have no damage at all, are they like support class now or something?

Deleted
    maybe you are not skilled enough to master a class in few hours

well i have around 850+ ilevel geared rogue and had this mage in my bg in mixed rares/epics, he was doing 3 times my damage in assassination spec...

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer your question: Rogues are doing pretty good in PvP right now. Some specs are better than others. Switch to Sub, they are the best PvP spec.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

im having hard time doing good damage in sub too, what class is good at bgs in terms of dps right now?

Deleted
    Every rogue spec is viable and strong at the moment, so maybe try a bit harder to play it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    im having hard time doing good damage in sub too, what class is good at bgs in terms of dps right now?
    Subtlety is the best PvP spec because of their control and mobility, not their damage. If you want a high damage Rogue spec, go Assassination.

But if you want a good BG stomping class, I'd choose a caster. Try Spriest or Aff/Destro Warlock.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Rogue is strong right now, but coming from a 12 year Rogue main it's painfully boring and stupid to play

They pruned half of Subtlety's CCs (Gouge, Garrote, Shiv, Dismantle) and gave it way too much mobility and too much Cheap Shot spam

With constant access to Shadow Dance but no Find Weakness for bursting, there is never any reason to use hit & run tactics like a Rogue traditionally does, no reason for restealthing, no reason at all to play like a Rogue anymore

As for Outlaw, what a stupid gimmicky slot machine spec

And Assassination? At least it's the only spec that got to keep basic Rogue tools like poisons. Too bad it plays less like a Rogue and more like a DK with Blind. It's basically a mongo damage bot with little interesting mechanics or utility
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    To answer your question: Rogues are doing pretty good in PvP right now. Some specs are better than others. Switch to Sub, they are the best PvP spec.
    I love everything about sub expect how much time you spend out of stealth in PvE.......and I've been a Combat/Assassination rogue for years.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    The damage is ok at best, often just very slow to rack it up properly.

The problem is, by the time it starts to hurt more than tickle, you're already focussed and dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I love everything about sub expect how much time you spend out of stealth in PvE.......and I've been a Combat/Assassination rogue for years.
    Well, now you are 1 click away from changing from one spec to another. There's no reason not to go outlaw/ass for PvE and Sub for PvP. Takes like 1 day to get 35 points in artifact weap with 25 AK.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Rogues are a support class with shit damage, you'll have more fun with a Havoc DH, Frost DK, Fury Warrior, or Ret Paladin as a melee class.
    As for ranged, warlock, boomkin and hunter are great for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Well, now you are 1 click away from changing from one spec to another. There's no reason not to go outlaw/ass for PvE and Sub for PvP. Takes like 1 day to get 35 points in artifact weap with 25 AK.
    Yeah that's what I've been doing. If they would add another combo builder to Sub besides backstab it would be perfect for both.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Subtlety Rogue used to be so incredible until Blizzard decided it wasn't noob friendly enough and decided to delete half of the spellbook....

Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Rogues, out of all the classes, have the most downtime where they aren't doing much other than auto-attacking.

Keep that in mind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Rogues aren't supposed to top damage on BG meters, that doesn't mean they do no damage.

you should try to go more into detail when asking question in your topic line.

it turned out you wanted to do dmg in bgs.

You choosed the wrong class for that, all 3 specs don't do great damage in bgs, this is a design change made after world of roguecraft during vanilla, so it shiftet away to burst and control, the burst was taken away in legion, too. You came to late to play, sry dude.

Rogues are best used in rmd or rm-x comps in 3s and as a sub for support in rbgs.

What you want to play is a range dd, as some pointed out lock and boomkin is your best bet to deal some dmg and get into a rbg group, too.

Glad i could help.

Deleted
    If it's pure cheese damage you see .. you can go assasination in bgs with the FoK spread poison build, deals tons of damage and spreads your mortal strike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    If it's pure cheese damage you see .. you can go assasination in bgs with the FoK spread poison build, deals tons of damage and spreads your mortal strike.
    U remember this build? it was extreme fun... i did this back in wotlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwG57-6goo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    U remember this build? it was extreme fun... i did this back in wotlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwG57-6goo
    Omfg .. imagine a group of 3 rogues doing this ;_;