Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    This title is very misleading. I came to this thread for some good old fashion racism and instead I read a semi-informational piece from Polygon about the usage of the phrase "deus vult."

Clickbait fucking posters.

What would happen if they added a bunch of Saracens to the game with scimitars yelling Allah Akbar!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Those sound like Saracen words there boy!

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, alot of people attached to it on 4chan because of memes n' shit.
    [snip]
    Well I'm convinced, Deus Vult!
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2017-03-02 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What would happen if they added a bunch of Saracens to the game with scimitars yelling Allah Akbar!
    I've already been meaning to pick the game up, but playing like a fantasy equivalent of Saladin's army sounds pretty cool and very underdone.

10+ Year Old Account

When you play this card in Hearthstone she yells "for the Crusade!" ergo she and by default Blizzard is racist and literally Hitler .

Are some people using slogans like deus vult as a form of shit-posting or racism? Probably. Are some people using pepe the frog as a form of racist circle-jerking over how clever they are? Possibly. But this doesn't mean that there is an epidemic of racism in all forms of media.

I mean there comes a point where you start seeing racism in every aspect of life even where there is none or you start misconstruing innocent intentions as racist as well. People don't realize that it's actually a small sub-sect of the population who are that deranged and it's origins usually start from an internet culture. Both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of this and to me this is just hogwash on the same level as conspiracy theories.

The game itself is actually quite fun and I'd love for them to add more ancient armies in it.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-03-02 at 12:11 AM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The article very blatantly says they are not related, the title even descriges it as an "accidental" connection. What sort of victim mentality do you need to foster to force that connection?
    Yet in the sentence after it they contradict themselves and say that they are related anyway. What part about that do people not get?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I summarily ignore any and all articles associated with Polygon.
    Add me to this list.

Why do you think the alt right isn't misogynistic again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Man the Alt Right sure did become YUGE all of a sudden...
    Nope, the internet kids just like to pretend and chest-thump.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing the game for 2 weeks, have an R1 Crusader... never heard of this...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I've already been meaning to pick the game up, but playing like a fantasy equivalent of Saladin's army sounds pretty cool and very underdone.
    It's very good... the only drawback is the always online stuff, but that's kind of the point if the game. The combat is very, very good...

You know that feeling when you thunderstorm someone off a cliff in BGs? It has that... it has that, so much...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yea, that's polygon being polygon.
    But I like how you drew the line at misogynistic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    People always want to tie things together even when they might be completely irrelevant to eachother.
    Peanut Butter and chocolate are delicious together. You can go to hell if you don't want to watch their love prosper.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yet in the sentence after it they contradict themselves and say that they are related anyway. What part about that do people not get?
    No they don't, at no point does the author say that the players of For Honour are racist just because they say "Deus Vult!"

Fact: For Honor is a racist game.

Think about it: the only factions you can play as are the Vikings (Germans/Aryans - e.g. SS Panzer Division "Wiking"), Crusaders (Italians / Catholics) and Japanese.

They might as well call this For The Axis Powers!: The Game

Oh, and DEUS VULT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Probably nothing, like nothing is happening to for honor right now? Also, thats why you gotta play age of empire 2 back in the days, those saracens on camels back throwing daggers > horse riders and elephants.

Deleted
    So, now I am an Alt-Righter because I love Crusader Kings 2 and force my anti-Pope to declare "Deus Vult"?